“Lovely hotel, with some excellent staff - only the dining let it down”

Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel
Ranked #60 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is lovely and modern and we had a fantastic room in building 2. I hear that building 2 is newer and has better internet, and I certainly didn't have any problems with connection. The reception staff are excellent, with very good English. Francisco was especially helpful and very kind. The room was lovely and clean, with everything I needed - housekeeping came every day and did a great job. The only thing that lets this hotel down is the food. Breakfast was fine but the restaurant we tried for lunch had very poor quality food as did the evening dinner buffet. The service at times in the restaurants could have been a lot better too. However, overall the hotel was fine for business travel and I was very comfortable there. There is a supermarket around a ten-fifteen minute walk away and taxis available outside whenever I needed one.

Room Tip: Building 2 is newere
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amanda334
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel for your stay in Seville. Your positive comments on our Front-desk personnel treatment and room cleanliness are highly regarded. We also thank you your contribution regarding our food & beverage service, appreciating your support to improve our service.

Receive Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was in a business trip and stayed in this hotel for 10 days. I liked the hotel, the room (for single use, but in fact it was a double room) was comfortable and had everything that one can expect. Very clean, bathroom probably recently renovated. The building is not brand-new (the architecture is quite interesting) but the furniture is new and the rooms look (and feel) modern. I liked the glass table and the small round table in the midle of the room. I also liked that there were different options for the light: in every corner of the room one can switch the light on and off and you can read at the table or in bed, doesn't matter, you have light everywhere. It was also not very loud, I did not hear my neighbours but probably there were no, it's not the season yet. At least in my room in the 5th floor looking over the roof of the lower floors and over the city suburbs no noise could come from the streets and I liked it.
The staff was very friendly. The first room I've got I didn't like: it was on the ground floor, was very dark and in 10 meters from the road. I went to the reception and asked for another room - and got it in no time.
Strangely enough, not all the staff spoke good English. In fact, one of the receptionists had problems even to explain me how to get the bus, not to speak of more complicated subjects. Another time I had some problems in my room and called the reception - the receptionist (again a girl) couldn't understand me. I gave up because the problem was not tremendously important but it could be something serious as well - and what to do with non-English-speaking receptionist? I was surprised because it's a 4-star hotel and full of tourists.
The hotel is well located if you're not aiming to live in the historic centre. The bus stop is literally 2 minutes from the doors and with the buses you can get to the centre in 10 min or so. You can also walk: it's only 25-30 minutes of a nice walk along one of the most beautiful streets of the city.
All in all, I think it's a decent hotel, not expensive, comfortably located (although outside the centre), so I would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank EkaSGermany

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel for your stay in Seville, as we also appreciate you have spent your time in sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your comments help us to improve constantly, in order to keep and increase our guests services level. We are glad that you made such a positive assessment of our rooms and location, recommending our hotel to other travellers.

We do hope to welcome you back to Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel on your next trip to Seville and offer you the best service.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

As you would have read, yes the place is a bit dated but given the price and the facilities I would say it was one of the best stays I have had.
The staff a very good and helpful. Remember there is a football stadium 1 block away with a Spanish premier league side Betis (2014 they are currently bottom of the league). So if you are lucky enough to be here on a home game night it will be very noisy and an experience although still very safe as they get drunk and sing but do not get violent like in Italy and England. Just passionate about football.
The hotel needs a lick of paint outside and rust removal from some areas on roofs and maybe cover with material or paint the concrete parts inside. Other than that it does have the appearance of a palace and worthy of 4 stars on a British standard level.

Room Tip: Easy buses to Seville centre 3 and 34 (turn left out of hotel and then right to the first bus stop...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Booked this break as a cheap on line deal but we were pleasantly surprised how nice the hotel is.

A bit outside of town but there is the 34 bus that drops you right in the centre or the Number 3 which takes you to the river all for 1.4euros each way (15mins).

We arrived late evening and the taxi from the airport was 30euros and the return cost mid day was 25euros about 15mins journey time

The breakfast is amazing and caters for every type of food you could want and plenty of it. The rooms were large and comfortable (Club Room).
The hotel evening menu is very limited and a bit pricey as you would expect but with all the lovely Tapas bars in town it doesn’t really matter
Usual hidden costs, 3 Euros a day for room safe and ridiculously high mini bar prices.

In the town its self I would recommend the buggy ride around the town. Cost 45 Euros and lasts about 50mins, very pleasant indulgence.
Our favourite was the Real Alcazar 8.5 Euros entry and pleasant cool shady gardens.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank probbins2000
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have visited Seville again, and I came to the same hotel. Because of some stuff I have to do in Seville, it was perfect for me! I have seen the same service, the staff is very helpful and they try to do their best to help. I visited again Cafeteria El 37, just 5 minutes walk from there, is a perfect place to go for some tapas, this time they had some paella, and it was just amazing!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank martin h
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I could not fault the hotel location nor the staff. Excellent transport links to city centre and also motorway accessability. Good night sleep as in quiet neighbourhood ample parking in nearby streets without having to pay hotel parking fee. This hotel will be even better in the warmer seasons with pool and gardens accessable. My family requested joining rooms which was fulfilled. I would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Hotel is hugh, and the gardens had lovely Seville orange trees in the grounds.The pool was large and well kept.
The area was safe and bus service was spot on going into Seville, every 15 minutes. The breakfast was one of the best breakfasts by far, compared to other hotels that I have stayed in. The only down side was not enough staff on reception, but a beautiful hotel with character and glass lifts...would definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends