“Good value for money”

Ranked #57 of 176 Hotels in Seville
Riga, Latvia
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We (4 couples) stayed here one night during our 5-day Andalusia motorcycle trip.
I think it is a very good place to stay for exploring Sevilla as the hotel is located is quiet area with green yard and good swimming pool but in a 5 minute taxi ride to the centre of Sevilla (6 EUR during day and 9 EUR during the night), and the room rates was very good.
Special thanks for the breakfast – it was the best during our trip.
Overall we were very satisfied with our choice and it was definately great value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are grateful for the trust you have shown in us by choosing Hotel Silken Al-Andalus Palace, and for the time spent sharing your valuable and kind opinion in Tripadvisor.

We truly appreciate your honest opinion, given that it will be a significant reference for other customers, who are weighing up the possibilities of staying with us. We are fully satisfied when the guest feels all his expectations have been satisfied.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here two nights en route to Costa del Sol. OK so it is a large anonymous hotel, with little charm, in the Seville suburbs. The wifi is absolutely useless, with very poor connections only around the lobby and incredibly slow speeds. Try to use it at times of day when everyone else is not!

However, apart from those problems, it is perfectly OK. We experienced no problems checking in on a public holiday weekend. The secure car parking in the basement is fine. We paid for a room looking out over the swimming pool, which was excellent. Good size room and bed; perfectly acceptable bathroom. Good sound conditioning and although no chance to alter air conditioning settings, room was nice and chilled. Pool area was great for sun-bathing and a welcome swim on a hot day. (You have to pay one Euro for towels, but you do get a small bottle of water with it.)

We caught the number 3 bus into central Seville. Bus stop is two minutes away and number 3 arrives every 10 minutes and costs 1.40 Euros. Breakfast is a standard large hotel buffet with full choice of food. If you hit it at the wrong time, there can be a big queue to get the self service coffee, but otherwise fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest;

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel for your stay in Seville, as we also appreciate you have spent your time in sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We do hope to welcome you back to Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel on your next trip to Seville and offer you the best service.
Zürich, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We originally booked to stay here for 2 nights but loved Seville so much we asked if we could stay for an extra night. The reception staff kindly arranged this for us despite the hotel being almost full to capacity. They also gave as the same room rate we had paid for the first 2 nights. The family room we booked was large, clean and comfortable. I agree with comments that the hotel is a bit outdated and in need of some modernisation. The WiFi was slow but ok for checking emails and the TV in the room was very old and far too small for a family room.

The location of the hotel is very good as there is a bus stop directly outside with frequent buses that will take you directly to the centre of the city. If you prefer to take a taxi it will cost about 7 euros each way and there are always taxis available for hire. The swimming pool was nice but not heated with a small pool bar which served drinks and snacks until 6pm.

Overall I was very happy with this hotel and the family room was definately great value for money. I would recommend this hotel for families with young children.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor at the front of the hotel. There was some noise when coaches arri...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us on your recent trip to Seville, also to thank you for spending time offering your opinion on Tripadvisor. Your comments help us to continually improve, to be able to maintain and to raise the level of services provided to our customers.

We are glad to hear your positive opinion concerning our family rooms, friendliness of staff and good service from the staff at reception.

We hope to see you with us again soon.
Connecticut, USA
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have reviewed this hotel previously, and at the time was really impressed with everything. As I had a group heading to Sevilla in March, I was looking to use the hotel as in the past. However, I was a shocked when I read some of the negative comments written by visitors. I therefore made a special trip to Sevilla in January, to make sure that I was still right about my views of the hotel.

This hotel is superb! This hotel is probably the best value for money deal in the whole of Europe. You can tell by my comments that I confirmed my group in. March, and boy am I glad that I did.

I can only guess that the reviews were written by people that travel infrequently? I travel around 160 days a year, and I am fortunate that I always stay at mostly 5 star hotels. This particular hotel is a 4 star property, and I highly recommend it. It is a 5 minute taxi ride to the centre of Sevilla, and as previously mentioned, the rates are very, very, attractive.

I urge you to ignore any negative comments, and proceed with your reservation if you were considering this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the club room for a very nominal amount. Much larger with amenities.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank no818528
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you again to Hotel Silken Al-Andalus on your next trip to Seville and that everything is to your complete satisfaction.
malaga
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Reception very good , public areas pleasant and parking excellent . Bus stop very close by and cheap to get into the center of Seville , we were here during easter week so much easier than taking the car.
Downside, the buffet dinner in the hotel should be avoided , simply dreadful dried out boring and in no way value for money .Wifi only works downstairs not in the bedrooms .Tv in room old and rubbish .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank carfreack
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel for your stay in Seville. Your positive comments on our reception, public areas and parking are highly regarded.

We also thank you your contribution regarding our buffet dinner and TV, appreciating your support to improve our service.

Receive Kind Regards,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is lovely and modern and we had a fantastic room in building 2. I hear that building 2 is newer and has better internet, and I certainly didn't have any problems with connection. The reception staff are excellent, with very good English. Francisco was especially helpful and very kind. The room was lovely and clean, with everything I needed - housekeeping came every day and did a great job. The only thing that lets this hotel down is the food. Breakfast was fine but the restaurant we tried for lunch had very poor quality food as did the evening dinner buffet. The service at times in the restaurants could have been a lot better too. However, overall the hotel was fine for business travel and I was very comfortable there. There is a supermarket around a ten-fifteen minute walk away and taxis available outside whenever I needed one.

Room Tip: Building 2 is newere
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda334
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel for your stay in Seville. Your positive comments on our Front-desk personnel treatment and room cleanliness are highly regarded. We also thank you your contribution regarding our food & beverage service, appreciating your support to improve our service.

Receive Kind Regards,
Germany
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was in a business trip and stayed in this hotel for 10 days. I liked the hotel, the room (for single use, but in fact it was a double room) was comfortable and had everything that one can expect. Very clean, bathroom probably recently renovated. The building is not brand-new (the architecture is quite interesting) but the furniture is new and the rooms look (and feel) modern. I liked the glass table and the small round table in the midle of the room. I also liked that there were different options for the light: in every corner of the room one can switch the light on and off and you can read at the table or in bed, doesn't matter, you have light everywhere. It was also not very loud, I did not hear my neighbours but probably there were no, it's not the season yet. At least in my room in the 5th floor looking over the roof of the lower floors and over the city suburbs no noise could come from the streets and I liked it.
The staff was very friendly. The first room I've got I didn't like: it was on the ground floor, was very dark and in 10 meters from the road. I went to the reception and asked for another room - and got it in no time.
Strangely enough, not all the staff spoke good English. In fact, one of the receptionists had problems even to explain me how to get the bus, not to speak of more complicated subjects. Another time I had some problems in my room and called the reception - the receptionist (again a girl) couldn't understand me. I gave up because the problem was not tremendously important but it could be something serious as well - and what to do with non-English-speaking receptionist? I was surprised because it's a 4-star hotel and full of tourists.
The hotel is well located if you're not aiming to live in the historic centre. The bus stop is literally 2 minutes from the doors and with the buses you can get to the centre in 10 min or so. You can also walk: it's only 25-30 minutes of a nice walk along one of the most beautiful streets of the city.
All in all, I think it's a decent hotel, not expensive, comfortably located (although outside the centre), so I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank EkaSGermany
Dear guest,

Your comments help us to improve constantly, in order to keep and increase our guests services level. We are glad that you made such a positive assessment of our rooms and location, recommending our hotel to other travellers.