“Good out of town hotel”

Ranked #55 of 180 Hotels in Seville
norwich
“Good out of town hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. Rooms were good with a nice bathroom. The hotel is out of the city centre. On our first day we did walk in and out, but on the second day we realised it was too far! There is a good public bus service. We ate at both the cafe and buffet restaurant, as we didn't want to have to go back into town. The buffet was ok, but really nothing for vegetarians. Pool area is really nice, large pool with lots of sun loungers and a good fun pool bar.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel for your stay in Seville, as we also appreciate you have spent your time in sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your comments help us to improve constantly, in order to keep and increase our guests services level. We are glad that you made such a positive assessment of our rooms and pool area.

We do hope to welcome you back to Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel on your next trip to Seville and offer you the best service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great hotel with all amenities but set out of town. You will need to catch a bus or taxi if you want to go into the city. Rooms were clean and pleasant and served the purpose. The swimming pool area was a great area to top up your tan and cool down in the sweltering heat. The hotel has underground parking which is chargeable at 14 euros a day but well worth it as you would struggle to park anywhere nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank YabbyNYik
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are especially grateful that your stay was wonderful and up to par with your expectations.

Baza, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

If your clothes do not have designer labels, I would advise strongly against going here. if you like to be treated with respect and courtesy, do not go here. If you want to feel like your custom is valued, do not go here! To explain, on the outskirts of Sevilla, my partner and I had a serious traffic accident. He was badly injured but I escaped with bruising. The car was a write off and we were taken by ambulance to the Virgen del Rocio hospital in Seville. My partner had sustained multiple injures and was taken into intensive care. At 11pm at night I was discharged and was left to find accommodation on my own. I could barely walk and I was bruised all over. I got into a taxi and asked for very good hotel. The hotel driver took me to the hotel above and practically carried me into the hotel were I was ignored by the staff at the desk. Eventually, I was dealt with and told that they only had rooms at the top rate available and as clearly I was not looking my best, it was assumed I could not afford it, but I could and duly paid.( I have lived in London for many years, I am used to expensive accommodation). I explained my situation and was met with a stony face. No offer of help, nothing. The room was nice enough, but so it should be for the money. I was in a lot of pain and rang down to see if they pain killers, they said normally they did, but they didn't have any and I would have to go to a pharmacy the next day. No offer of help was given. Every time I went down to the desk to ask for help for anything, I was ignored in favour of people who were well dressed.It got quite upsetting. I was in soft clothes as I had multiple bruising, so clearly I was of no consequence. The final straw fr me was going to the cafe and asking for a menu and the waiter literally threw it at me without comment and walked away, like I was nothing. It was distressing for me at a time when I was already in pain and deeply worried. There was a big convention at the hotel and clearly it was all about them. THAT IS NO EXCUSE!! They had parties for them in the main reception area that into into the small hours of the morning and when I was desperate to sleep, but the noise migrated up to the bedrooms. have worked in the events industry for 30 years, I have worked at some of the fanciest hotels in the World, The Arts Barcelona, Carlton Ritz, Cannes, Savoy London to name but a few and have always been treated with THE UTMOST RESPECT.This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my entire life. Luckily I was moved to the Sevilla Palmera which was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. To say I was treated like porcelain was an understatement. They were wonderful. Shame on you Silken Al Andalus Palace.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Heather1702
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we want to be grateful to you to dedicate part of your time to send as an e-mail with your opinion about your stay in the hotel. It would have been a pleasure to attend you directly in the hotel to settle immediately all that had been necessary. We are sorry not to have had this opportunity.

Also we wish that your health and that of your partner has improved. We are very sorry about everything that you have transmitted us. We understand that in a situation like this, it is furthermore necessary to receive a special treatment, and as you indicate us, we do not understand that you were in need of our attention.

We are deeply sorry that you have felt not very goof in the hotel, even more for the effort that our staff achieves with all our customers for a suitable treatment. I assure you that we work daily to obtain the best satisfaction from all our customers. Sometimes we can make mistakes, but always the later reaction helps us to recover a high level of satisfaction.

The experience that you have transmitted us has been commented to all the staff, and we have checked our customer services method to detect those possible improvements. I guarantee you that the information that our customers transmit us, directly in the hotel or across e-mails as yours, are sufficient in order that at once we take actions of improvement.

We hope that you have a satisfactorily recovery. We are to your whole disposition and we sincerely hope to return to see to you soon by the hotel. Our commitment is to obtain your satisfaction as client in a next visit.

Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We (4 couples) stayed here one night during our 5-day Andalusia motorcycle trip.
I think it is a very good place to stay for exploring Sevilla as the hotel is located is quiet area with green yard and good swimming pool but in a 5 minute taxi ride to the centre of Sevilla (6 EUR during day and 9 EUR during the night), and the room rates was very good.
Special thanks for the breakfast – it was the best during our trip.
Overall we were very satisfied with our choice and it was definately great value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We are grateful for the trust you have shown in us by choosing Hotel Silken Al-Andalus Palace, and for the time spent sharing your valuable and kind opinion in Tripadvisor.

We truly appreciate your honest opinion, given that it will be a significant reference for other customers, who are weighing up the possibilities of staying with us. We are fully satisfied when the guest feels all his expectations have been satisfied.

Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed here two nights en route to Costa del Sol. OK so it is a large anonymous hotel, with little charm, in the Seville suburbs. The wifi is absolutely useless, with very poor connections only around the lobby and incredibly slow speeds. Try to use it at times of day when everyone else is not!

However, apart from those problems, it is perfectly OK. We experienced no problems checking in on a public holiday weekend. The secure car parking in the basement is fine. We paid for a room looking out over the swimming pool, which was excellent. Good size room and bed; perfectly acceptable bathroom. Good sound conditioning and although no chance to alter air conditioning settings, room was nice and chilled. Pool area was great for sun-bathing and a welcome swim on a hot day. (You have to pay one Euro for towels, but you do get a small bottle of water with it.)

We caught the number 3 bus into central Seville. Bus stop is two minutes away and number 3 arrives every 10 minutes and costs 1.40 Euros. Breakfast is a standard large hotel buffet with full choice of food. If you hit it at the wrong time, there can be a big queue to get the self service coffee, but otherwise fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest;

Zürich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We originally booked to stay here for 2 nights but loved Seville so much we asked if we could stay for an extra night. The reception staff kindly arranged this for us despite the hotel being almost full to capacity. They also gave as the same room rate we had paid for the first 2 nights. The family room we booked was large, clean and comfortable. I agree with comments that the hotel is a bit outdated and in need of some modernisation. The WiFi was slow but ok for checking emails and the TV in the room was very old and far too small for a family room.

The location of the hotel is very good as there is a bus stop directly outside with frequent buses that will take you directly to the centre of the city. If you prefer to take a taxi it will cost about 7 euros each way and there are always taxis available for hire. The swimming pool was nice but not heated with a small pool bar which served drinks and snacks until 6pm.

Overall I was very happy with this hotel and the family room was definately great value for money. I would recommend this hotel for families with young children.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor at the front of the hotel. There was some noise when coaches arri...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Coordinadora-Calidad, Coordinadora de la Calidad at Silken Al-Andalus Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us on your recent trip to Seville, also to thank you for spending time offering your opinion on Tripadvisor. Your comments help us to continually improve, to be able to maintain and to raise the level of services provided to our customers.

We are glad to hear your positive opinion concerning our family rooms, friendliness of staff and good service from the staff at reception.

We hope to see you with us again soon.
Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have reviewed this hotel previously, and at the time was really impressed with everything. As I had a group heading to Sevilla in March, I was looking to use the hotel as in the past. However, I was a shocked when I read some of the negative comments written by visitors. I therefore made a special trip to Sevilla in January, to make sure that I was still right about my views of the hotel.

This hotel is superb! This hotel is probably the best value for money deal in the whole of Europe. You can tell by my comments that I confirmed my group in. March, and boy am I glad that I did.

I can only guess that the reviews were written by people that travel infrequently? I travel around 160 days a year, and I am fortunate that I always stay at mostly 5 star hotels. This particular hotel is a 4 star property, and I highly recommend it. It is a 5 minute taxi ride to the centre of Sevilla, and as previously mentioned, the rates are very, very, attractive.

I urge you to ignore any negative comments, and proceed with your reservation if you were considering this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the club room for a very nominal amount. Much larger with amenities.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank no818528
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you again to Hotel Silken Al-Andalus on your next trip to Seville and that everything is to your complete satisfaction.