“Nice clean hotel with a good size pool”

Barcelo Sevilla Renacimiento
Ranked #22 of 177 Hotels in Seville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for seven nights in hot hot August, I had booked a room for two adults and two children. Plenty of room for us, the sofa bed was adequate enough and two sinks in the bathroom. The price included buffet breakfast, lots of fruit, hams and cheeses and the usual hot choices of sausages and bacon. It does get extremely busy at breakfast so best to time it well and they are quiet strict on hours. The hotel itself has three circular atriums and there are large open spaces, these are primarily used for conferences. We arrived late of Saturday night and only one outside restaurant was open and was fully booked and the other was a bar that had sandwiches and burgers, apart from that no other restaurants is open. I think most people walk down to Town to eat which is about a 15-20min walk. (turn right outside the hotel towards Isla Magica, go over the bridge and over the traffic lights and keep going straight). Towards town there are lots of tapas and restaurants.

I would say this about the Barcelo staff especially at Reception, is take what information they give you with a pinch of salt. For example, I asked one lady about information on the red hop on how off sightseeing bus, I asked if we could buy tickets at a Reception and the answer was no,they are bought on the bus. Ten minutes later my husband asks the same question to another person (he wasn't aware I had asked already) and the answer was yes and we can give you the tickets now. I must say that the lady I asked about the bus also checked us in and didn't give us any information regarding breakfast times, pool times etc. My advice is ask ask ask questions.

Pool area was large and plenty of shade and parasols, towels are provided with a sign in and a sign out system.

Overall we did enjoy our time at this hotel, the reason why we booked because of the large pool that we could enjoy and then walk into town. Value for money was good for the four of us.
We also had the FIBA Basketball World Cup Players staying at this hotel whilst we were there and lots of police men loitering as well and a security body scanner, made interesting viewing in the evening at he bar whilst the players wondering about!

If you fancied a trip to Isla and Agua Magica, a kid goes free if two adults are paying, a separate ticket had to be bought for the Agua Magica at the Park.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,919)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Bercelo is a presentable hotel with a lot of potential but they are marketing themselves in the wrong category - I've stayed at a lot of 5 star hotels, but this is not 5 star. Upon arrival in the room, one of the first things that I noticed was that there was no tea or coffee in the room - I fancied a cup of coffee, I usually do when I arrive. There was a kettle and some cups and a bunch of sugar but no coffee. I called room service and they told me that they did not provide complementary coffee. I asked why then was there was a kettle in the room and they told me that some Chinese people liked to drink hot water, which I thought was a bit weird. I asked him what about other people that like to have coffee and tea in their hot water and he told me that it would cost 6.50 euros for me to have a kettle service in the room. I find this incredibly mean and inhospitable and it set me up to be in a bad mood with the place from the outset. Barcelo needs to remember that they are in the hospitality industry and there are certain standards and expectations that need to be met - I mean this is a standard facility at Premier Inn! The cost cutting was evident across the room from the cheapest single ply toilet paper I've ever seen, a basic why bother value range of toiletries, grubby towels with orange stains on them and no robe or slippers (not that I care much, but again an expectation at 5 star level). But it is the beds which take the prize for the cheapest bed ever in a 5 star hotel - see image. They are like two children's guest beds squeezed together. All of the legs were screwed in at different levels so the whole thing rocked and skidded around on the vinyl flooring (yes, vinyl flooring in a 5 star hotel room - see image) like a wonky table on an ice skating rink. So, it was all a bit like staying in a student room in halls of residence. I don't really mind staying in a student room and I'd be happy to sleep under an orange tree in a sleeping bag, but I get annoyed by sloppy cost cutting or pretending to be something that your not. Five star is supposed to be luxury, and this definitely does not qualify.

2  Thank David C
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Such comfort and relaxing, great pool, booked an extra night whilst still in bed, food and drink costly, but will treat our self's again. Hotel clean, room very nice, pillow menu was such a treat, like sleeping on clouds.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barceló Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 24 August 2014

For those who wants to go to the isla/agua mágica this is the perfect hotel.
Different types of rooms for all kind of family needs.
You just need 10 minutes walking from the hotel to the park with children.
Special prices if you buy 3 or more nights with tickets.

2  Thank LuisVideira
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just a few minutes drive from Santa Justa station and right across from the Isla Magic park this is the perfect stop-over in Seville. The hotel is huge over three buildings, if you appreciate modern art styled buildings I'm sure you'll love the minimalist styling. Wasted on me frankly but it was very very clean and well presented.

The staff I found welcoming (contrary to other reviews), someone valet parked my car and brought my bags up to the room with a smile. Reception was friendly and helpful and excellent English spoken by all. Too many people take this for granted but Seville is not an inter nation tourist hub so respect is owed to the effort.

The room was stylish, big, very clean and had all of the convinces one would expect from 5 star. One of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on!!

You need to reserve a table for dinner, we didn't and couldn't eat in the restaurants, disappointing. I blame our lack of planning on our part and the narrow window of opening time of the restaurant 20:30 until 23:00.

I'll be back when I'm next in Seville.

Room Tip: Avoid the lift shafts which are quite noisy. Also, book a table for dinner or you'll be eating...
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The place is relatively cheap and neat, but don't expect a luxury five-star, it dates back to the universal exhibition in 1992 and not much happened since. Very nice breakfast, clean and functional rooms (quiet). As noted by other travelers, reception desk staff is not nice and the pool side restaurant serves overpriced junk food. Don't spend too much time at the amusement park next door, there is always cabs (6€-ish) waiting for you to take you to the city centre which is much more interesting.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Modern hotel, huge public areas, pool, sauna, nice restaurants. Not the best place if you are planning to walk around the city, if that's the case be prepared for taxi rides or adventure yourself driving in. Overall is good place to relax and enjoy garden dining.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple