“Not an experience that I will remember forever”

Hotel Derby Sevilla
Ranked #56 of 175 Hotels in Seville
Copenhagen
“Not an experience that I will remember forever”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Location and prices are great. However, do not expect luxary. After killing a couple of bugs in the room, I concluded that I was going to sleep with my feets outside the bed ... and I am just 186cm tall. Choose this hotel if you need cheap accomodation for a night or two maximum in the city center.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bristol
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Not the most characterful, but friendly and on the edge of the pedestrian area. At low season rates this hotel was great value and did us very well for a Christmas visit to Seville. Fabulous wifi and Flamenco Radio available on the cable. NB restaurants close on Christmas eve. We found ourselves a late lunch and a picnic snack for later, but the chap on reception also offered to make us something in the hotel kitchen if we were stuck. Generally friendly and helpful staff. No garage but a secure underground car park close by. (It's expensive.)

Room Tip: The square could be noisy but rooms have heat/AC and double glazing kept sound out.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This hotel is located on a small-ish plaza in the heart of Sevilla and across the square from an El Corte Ingles. Our room was very nice, clean, modern. wi-fi was free. The staff was...fine. I wouldn't say they were going out of their way to be welcoming but they weren't rude. There is a parking garage on the square which the hotel has a deal with so i think it's 12 euros a day. Actually, we drove around and found free street parking for three days.

The square has bars/restaurants and also there were people in stalls on the square selling stuff so for some people it might be too noisy. We were facing the square which made for a nice view. And there is a rooftop terrace which is very nice.

Lastly, it is very near the gay bar area. Like blocks. So that makes it very convenient for staggering back at 4AM

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
wabush labrador
Reviewed 10 January 2012

After many trips to Lisbon I decided I should visit Seville , what a good choice.March the wather was perfect especially since I travelled from Labrador Canada where it was on average -20 c ...also it wasn't busy so I felt like I had a lot of the city to myself. I spent most my time in the area of the old city. The Derby was the perfect location. I love to walk and photography is my hobby , the Derby was the place for me. Besides the great walks to explore the city, I loved the area with so many narrow streets, the cafes and restaurants and places to have tapas and pinxcos(sorry if the spelling is wrong) The staff was helpful at all times...I got to use my rusty spanish but found it improving by the end of the week. As well the corte ingles across the street was a great place to get some snacks ,,and a little wine to sit on the roof top of the hotel at sunset...thanks to the many wonderful people of seville who made me so welcome...and were eager to share information about the city...if you have a few days consider a trip to ronda and if you have more time to Grenada and beyond..for me as a solo traveller the room was great...very clean, and a really great value for money ...only little issue was how loud the shower next door was ...sounded like it was going to burst through the wall.Regardless that didnt happen often enough to deter me from going back. stay here enjoy the neighborhood and like me you'll plan a return.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank wabushtraveller
Cardiff
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We only stayed here for a couple of nights but we found this hotel to be excellent value for the price we paid. The hotel was very centrally located in a busy square opposite El Corte Ingles, so we were able to walk everywhere, despite the heat. The front desk staff were friendly and spoke English. Although we didn't eat breakfast at the hotel there is a nice little cafe across the road which is extremely good value for money. I would definitely book Hotel Derby again if I return to Seville.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Galloise
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2011

A comfortable three night stay in this hotel. The rooms were small but adequate and very clean. Fairly quiet at night and good location about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the Alcazar and cathedral. Five minute walk to the river side. Plenty of bars and cafes nearby. English spoken at reception. Very nice roof terrace.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Explorer1087
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I booked Hotel Derby via TripAdvisor and did not regret it. The room was clean, and the comfort level was absolutely fine and what I would expect. Every member of staff I met was friendly. Book this hotel if you want a clean room and good value. Hotel Derby well deserves their official three stars.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends