“Charming boutique hotel”

Ranked #13 of 176 Hotels in Seville
Lausanne
“Charming boutique hotel”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed two nights at the Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza. This is by far the best hotel we stayed at during our entire trip through Andalusia. This hotel seats in a building of historic character that was previously the house of local wealthy families. It is small enough to convey an intimate and charming atmosphere. Nice local design. We had a corner room on the top floor which was very spacious and comfortable. There is a nice pool on the rooftop however not a lot of chairs so make sure to be there early if you want to lay by the pool. The staff is professional and friendly. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel because we found it too expensive (18€), parking is also expensive (20€) but necessary in Sevilla.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room and it was very spacious. The other rooms we could see whilst passing in...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
new york
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I took a 10 day vacation to Spain that included Madrid, Seville and Mallorca.

This hotel is in a very good location - only about 10 minutes walking to the major attractions. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are nice and fit in with the feel of the facilities and the bathrooms are modern. As I travelled in August and it was hot, i appreciated having a rooftop area to relax and also a pool to swim in. The food at breakfast was also very good.

My only complaint for this hotel is that the air conditioning system would not make the room as cold as I like. I enjoy sleeping in what some people consider a very cold room at 67 degrees F. The other 3 hotels on my stay were able to accommodate this.

The staff moved in a portable air conditioner that helped, but did not fully solve the problem.

If you don't have the same temperature/sleep issues, I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Here are some of my ratings categories and criteria. (1-worst/5-best)

Room: 4
· Quality of bed/pillows
· Quality of furniture/furnishings

Bathroom:5
· Cleanliness
· Conditions of finishes

Air Conditioning:2
· Can I make it very cold in the room?
· Is this a modern AC unit?
· Not too noisy?

Gym: - None
· Diversity of equipment
· Size of gym

Restaurant: 4 (breakfast rating)
· Diverse menu

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank NYCtravels
Nr Frome
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel was excellent for visiting Sevilla. There was no need for the car, although car parking at the hotel was expensive - 21Euros a night. The hotel was comfortable, clean and the staff were friendly although they couldn't recommend and restaurants or places to visit just gave out leaflets.

The pool area on the roof was excellent. The breakfast was a bit lacking, pastries and bread not fresh but apart from that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Once again I would walk out to restaurants to eat good Spanish fare, some excellent restaurants within walking distance, avoid the tourist traps.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The Hospes Las Casas del Rey de Baeza in Sevilla is actually much more convenient than its complicated name. Charming Hotel with a busy swimming pool on the roof (that doesn't leak into the rooms below), very friendly, helpful and efficient personal. Rooms are tastefully decorated and provide convenient temperature during the hot summer. The temperature comes at the price of rather noisy airco that - in addition to the small scale of the bed – hampers the sleeping comfort which could be better.
Despite this i would say that the Hospes does jusitice to their motto of providing a oasis amidst a busy city.

1 Thank Tilbo
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The hotel is fabulous, my boyfriend and I loved it!
If you want to go to Seville and experience the culture and the city life, this hotel is a perfect choice! Very friendly and professional staff. Especially from the reception.
The location is near to the city center and it is very convenient if you consider the distance from main Seville attractions. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!
Strong points pool on the rooftop and breakfast.
Don’t forget to try oranges and chocolate muffins. Yummy!

Room Tip: Room 31 is a nice room.
1 Thank ina721
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This is a great hotel for a trip to Sevilla. The hotel is conveniently located close to the city center and nice restaurants/bars/squares, etc.

On top of that, the interior is very charming and the staff is extremely helpful. The hotel and the rooms give a very romantic and charming feel. The rooftop area is a great space to relax or to take a fresh dip in the pool after a day of sight seeing (though it is indeed rather small for the amount of guests that stay in the hotel).

Overall a very good and charming experience, I'd definitely stay here again!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I booked this hotel. We arrived very late at night, and they were waiting for us, and the minute we walked in, the guy sitting at the little desk (there isn't a big reception area) the guy called us by our names. I guess the fact we were probably the only guests who were still no-shows for the day might have helped. But my friend and I were comfortably seated while the attendant was checking us in, and before we knew it, they ushered us to our rooms. Mine was spacious, with furniture that looked antique rather than old, but Ohh.hhh so fit with the overall decor. I wouldn't have traded my room for something with modern furniture. The bathroom (check out the pics) was superb! (not cramped as it is the case in European hotels). The bed was super comfy. The next morning, we had a nice breakfast which really got us started on a great footing.
Not sure how many rooms the hotel has, but the breakfast room wasn't crowded. We ate leisurely before heading out. The hotel is in a secluded street, but you walk a few meters, and you are within taxi reach. The quaint aspect of the hotel is not for you, if you are looking for glassy, modern, chrome-type of facilities.
But where they took the palm home is in the service. These guys really know a thing or two about making you feel like a king (or a queen, in my case). My friend had the same experience, and we were sad to leave. As we came back very late every day after having dinner, we did not experience the hotel's food (except the breakfast). But still, I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends