Melia Lebreros
US$536
US$511
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
NH Sevilla Viapol(Seville)(Great Value!)
US$168
Hotel Murillo(Seville)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$219
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Vertice Sevilla(Seville)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$115
2,772 results
All reviewsel corte inglesdepartment storefloor numbertrafalgar tourmetro stationnice hotelold townfootball stadiumeuro taxi ridelevel loungebreakfast and dinnerstayed here for two nightscity centreminute walkopen the windowhotel is locatedlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Good hotel, good location, but all Reception staff are so unfriendly!! They don't really want to help, NEVER smile and hardly speak English!

I was excited to hear that the hotel has a pool, but it's closed! :(

Breakfast was AMAZING! Very nice

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Hellokittyhellokitty
Miguel M, Jefe de Calidad at Melia Lebreros, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Hellokittyhellokitty,

Thank you so much for choosing Meliá Lebreros for your stay in Seville.
We really appreciate your comments, we do take them into account in order to keep improving our service, ensuring a good quality service and guest satisfaction

We hope to see you soon, and if you visit us during the summer season you can enjoy our pool area.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very unfriendly reception. 2 nights here. The lobby has a Natuzzi furniture shop next door...maybe they donated to the hotel, the very modern up to date chrome and leather furnishing for the lobby and first floor meeting areas. The room was not leather and chrome.....quite dated (70s) but comfortable and clean. Bathroom was green marble and the products generous, towels a little old. The walls were paper thin so we could hear next door's conversation. Luckily they tired themselves out talking and moaning etc, before we wanted to sleep. We did not eat in the hotel but had a drink in the bodega owned by the hotel next door...v unfriendly there too and we witnessed a scene with the maître d ordering 4 elderly ladies to move to a table of his choosing not theirs. I checked out the gym.. It was serviceable. The pool was closed; this is a huge bone of contention for other commentators. It would have been nice to have been told in advance. As mentioned no info in room at all. It took us a while to figure out the tv ...local versus satellite . No coffee tea making facility or ice machines which I expect in a four star (but don't in a five star) . No iron etc. Fridge not cold. I wanted ice. Went to bar and was told it was 3 euro for a bag so I left it! Out of badness, I went back to room, called room service and paid 2 euro for the ice which came in an ice bucket and 1euro tip for the delivery man. Same difference. A good walk to the old city. Parking is expensive but it's right next door and this is huge if you have a hire car. For two nights, however, my advice is pay the extra and go to one of the two Alphonso 5 stars. That's where I will go if I come back. No atmosphere there and bus tours galore. Almost forgot....the annoying smell of cigarette smoke on corridors and initially in our room. The ashtray in the bathroom is hardly going to dissuade people from smoking.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cassandra,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for the valuable time that you have spent to send your comments through Tripadvisor.

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with all our services. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Do not hesitate that every single comment will be carefully analyzed, following our continuous improvement plan.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in order to provide the best of our service to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We spent two nights here as part of a tour group. Our room was large and comfortable, with a view on the main street, looking out to the El Corte Ingles department store across the way. There were a couple of issues with the room: first, absolutely no information was provided in the room. No TV channel guide, no breakfast hours, location of fitness room, etc. we managed, but did miss having a written guide. The hair dryer had a small red switch hidden on the far side of the wall holder in order for it to function-- at first I thought it was nonfunctioning, but finally figured it out. We did locate the fitness center, which had equipment in good condition (ellipticals, bikes, treadmills, a few weight machines). We were disappointed that the pool had closed the week before, as the weather was very warm while we were there.
The dining room was WAY too crowded at breakfast-- the eggs disappeared faster than they could be replenished, and the staff struggled to keep up with the coffee demand. But it was nice to be able to have a carafe of coffee for our table rather than depending on the cup-at-a-time machines. Food choices were fine.
The location was quite good. We shopped in the grocery store at El Corte Ingles, which was very convenient and had an awesome selection of wine and deli items. We had no trouble walking into the center of town and back, about a 30-minute walk each way.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maryf55
Miguel M, Jefe de Calidad at Melia Lebreros, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear MaryF55,

I would like to thank for you for share your experience in our hotel through Trip advisor.

All your comments will help us to offer a best service to our guest. In reference one of them; I would like to inform you that we are working to elaborate a new Service Directory for the room, where our guest could find all the useful information.

I regret that our pool was closed during your stay, but it is open in summer season. The pool is open until middle of September. At this moment, we are renovating the pool area and will be in excellent condition for next summer.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed in many Melia hotels all over Spain now and several times at the Melia Lebreros ; unfortunately the negative comments here on Tripadvisor are correct.

When you walk into the lobby you think everything is great. Then you wait for 10min in front of the reception because only one person is working and others are there but they don't help. Then you finally enter your room and you will be dissapointed again because it is outdated, dirty and with no comfort at all. Sometimes the airconditioning is working , sometimes not. You want to call reception but then the phone is not working. The toilett does not flush properly , etc etc etc.
The pool area was recently rebuild and looks very posh now. However it doesn't help much when the pool is closed most time of the year. For the locals, it might feel like winter when temperatures are around 30 degrees celsius , but for us tourists , we like to lay in the sun and be able to enjoy a swim. That's why we come to southern Spain and that's why we choose a hotel with a pool. Being then told by staff that the pool does not open before June and closes again mid September ( even if temperatures are in the 30s ) , is dissapointing. Plus it seems they prefer to do renovation works during the high season sommer months and not during winter.
It seems the hotel just wants to work with big tour groups.
For couples and families I would not recommend this Melia hotel unless the promised changes are finally happening , however I don't want to wait for them anymore.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Miguel M, Jefe de Calidad at Melia Lebreros, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Man25,

I would like to thank you for your comments and your loyalty in our hotel Melia Lebreros.

In reference to your comment, we are working to improve our facilities during the year because our service is offered all the year.

About the pool, I would like to inform you that the bath is not allow due to security reason because there is not a lifeguard, but the pool area and gardens are available to sunbath.
At this moment, our pool are closed because we are working to improve it.

We hope to continue with your confidence and loyalty.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

It's okay to spend a night there, but if I had a choice I'd go somewhere else. It seems like they just want to work with tour groups, there were many of them there. When I stopped at the desk for information I was told to come back in ten minutes even though the lady behind the desk did not appear to be doing anything. I asked the concierge to make a restaurant reservation for me and she refused. Then, as if I was putting her out, she handed me a number and told me to call. The next day they charged me a euro for a local call. The pool is nice though, and they have beach towels there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear PhiladelphiaTim,

I would like to thank your for your time to evaluate your experience in our Meliá Lebreros.

I regret that the experience with our Reception Staff was not very pleasure. We would like to let you know that the guests are our priority, and your comments are considered to improve the service.

We apologize again and we hope you to give us a new opportunity to offer our best service.