“Great for a city break”
Review of Melia Sevilla

Melia Sevilla
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for four nights last week. Perfect location for easy walk into Seville centre. Staff were very helpful and spoke English, large choice of food for breakfast, all fresh and plentiful. Rooms clean and of a good size. You need to specify in advance if you would prefer a double bed instead of a twin bedded room. Swimming pool currently not available so if this important, and you're visiting in the next two months, then I would enquire as to the status of the building works.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara B
Write a ReviewReviews (3,344)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a great room.. Big and well maintained. Staff all very friendly. Breakfast ok. Pool area needs some attention.. A bit of tlc.. But we still managed to sunbathe. Good base and we felt good value for money.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NickyPHughenden
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at the Melia in Seville in November 2013 for 2 nights on a work social trip.

I have stayed in other Melia hotels before, and for the money, they are like Hilton hotels I suppose you could say - Nice hotels that are clean with good facilities, a 'medium' price tag, but aren't 5* luxury (my opinion!)

The rooms were all really nice, and looked recently refurbished. A good selection on offer at breakfast.

The hotel is about a 10-15 minute stroll from the centre of town. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and we had a great 2 days partying!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights in April. Internally it is very nice and modern, but the exterior looks shabby and in need of a lick of paint. Unfortunately the pool area was being refurbished when we were there so sitting on the terrace felt a bit like sunbathing on a building site! However, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend booking 'The Level' where you have use of a separate private lounge with complimentary drinks/nibbles. The staff on The Level desk were excellent. Overall we felt it was very good value for money and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne_elizabeth41
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would really recommend this hotel when you stay a few nights in Seville. It's opposite plaza d'espana, which is the most beautiful spot in Seville, and we had a great view on it from our room. The hotel is only a 15 minutes walk away from the town centre. The swimming pool was small but still quite relaxing after a day walking.
It' s close to San Bernardo train station and busstop to the Airport.
Really nice staff. Jeromi, one of the receptionist, was great and took great care of things. Also the porter Jose Marie was fabulous.
We would definitely go back one day.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bertman80
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a recent visit to Seville - a great city - the hotel is comfortable and efficient. Located about a mile on the outskirts of the city centre. The centre is about a 20 minute stroll or you can catch the tram which is. A five minute walk to the nearest stop and cost Euros 1.20 per trip. We would stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Use the higher floors and ask for a view over the park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave T
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was touring with my band and we ended up in Seville for the night. I was offered a late check out for the next day and charged €20 for the privilege, I paid as I didn't want to sit for 4 hours in the lobby. Other than that the check in was friendly and efficient.

My allocated room was small and had nowhere to put my bag, I had to put it on the floor and spent my whole stay tripping over it. The bar was fine and we didn't eat in the hotel except for a rather good breakfast.

The next day I was having a post breakfast nap (too many years touring is taking it"s toll) when I was called. The woman didn't speak any English and my Spanish is poor. I think she was asking when I was checking out but, we failed to communicate at any level. I then had a series of visits from housekeeping despite paying for a late checkout and hanging the do not disturb on my door. They also don't seem capable of knocking, they just walk straight in and to see my naked form emerging from the bed. My nap was ruined and their day was too.

So, in summary, it's not a bad place, the rooms were too small, breakfast was good and irritating housekeepers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business