“great location, beautiful hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Maestranza

Hotel Maestranza
Ranked #111 of 179 Hotels in Seville
Seattle, Washington
“great location, beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel. I thought it's interior was gorgeous, as well as the updated bathroom in my unit.

I must have lucked out because I was able to get wifi in my room throughout my stay. the front desk staff was friendly any time I engaged with them.

a tip for light sleepers- there are bars directly beneath the hotel. luckily i am used to sleeping with earplugs and brought some with me, otherwise it wouldve been 3 sleepless nights as it sounded like the bar was in my room.

as another reviewer mentioned- the beds themselves are awful. I'm not very picky when it comes to sleeping accommodations but this bed may as well have been a marble slab. I woke up sore each morning. and found it bizarre that the bed cover used was made from the same fabric as the drapes, clearly not bedding.

overall very happy besides a few minor quirks. would certainly recommend and stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Colleen F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here three nights. It's in a fun neighborhood full of small restaurants and tapas bars. Walking distance to the Cathedral, Alcazar, Barrio, and Bullring. Ask for an inner room if you prefer quiet. Our room was on a quiet courtyard. Room was comfortable, had modern bathroom, comfortable bed, and in-room safe. Hotel has nice small lobby, helpful staff, elevator, and wi-fi in lobby area. Overall a nice place in a nice location and a good value!

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Bonita_Bch
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Booked due to good reviews on here and reasonable price for family accommodation.
No wifi in rooms only lobby much to my teenagers disgust!
Dormitory style rooms-hard single beds.Aircon worked very well thankfully as very very hot!
Bathroom looks better than room but shower not good-too close to wall.
Unlike other reviewers we had a frosty welcome from a woman who was quite unhelpful re car parking etc and who also turned our electricity off when we left room.
Good for one night if you are used to budget accommodation.
Driving a nightmare in one way system.
If you can splash out on a room somwhere else!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SingaporeMario
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed by myself for one night in a single room in this hotel. The room was small, but had everything I needed, including built-in safe. I travel a lot to many countries and I seriously believe this to probably be the cleanest room I have ever stayed in. It always makes me feel more at ease to be in a spotless environment. The hotel is basic, but the location is excellent in the midst of the old town. There are many sites nearby and it is surrounded by restaurants. Other reviewers complained about the noise, but I was here in June and I did not find it too disturbing. The wi-fi is only available in the lobby. The receptionist was exceptionally helpful in giving me directions and pointing me to restaurants for breakfast and dinner. Seville is a truly picturesque city, especially in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Natakali
Mackay, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed for three nights here, thoroughly enjoying this boutique hotel. My single room was clean, and comfortable. The hotel staff were helpful, and efficient. I found that the hotel was close to the centre of the city, but out of the rush elsewhere. There were a multitude of bars and restaurants nearby, and I even found a laundry just up the street.
Located in an older part of town, in a maze of crooked streets, I was fortunate to have a taxi take me to the door. The use of mirrors and mosaics of tiles brightens up the foyer and stairs. The wifi is good in the foyer, but unreliable in the room.
The shower was excellent. The aircon was quiet and cool, great in the heat there. I can recommend the Maestranza- few hotels treat the single traveller with such respect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Paul S
SAN RAMON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, close to everything. It was nice to go back for a siesta and not waste time getting to and from the hotel. For a single room, I didn't feel too cramped. The air conditioning worked beautifully. Two small things (nitpicking): I assume that when you say free wifi these days it is in your room or it would state in lobby or common areas. The shower curtain rod was installed 2-3 inches inside the shower, meaning that you were essentially moving the shower curtain out of the way to do anything. Despite these two small things, I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank sandpiper999
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

What a great hotel, in a superb location. Beautifully finished throughout and supported by extremely helpful staff, this stay was certainly one of our best in Spain. The room was street facing which made views and sights interesting, and was well sound-proofed. In addition, the price made it really good value for money. We would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple