“Perfect location & friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Murillo

Hotel Murillo
Ranked #35 of 175 Hotels in Seville
Solihull
“Perfect location & friendly staff”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Brilliant value for money - 3 nights B&B for under £200 to include brilliant selection of breakfast items in an interestingly decorated, ornate & well managed basement restaurant. Difficult to find so make sure you detail your route before arrival - we arrived by train and struggled to get our bearings - best to aim for Jardines de Murillo and access the gate from there into side streets. It is in a very quiet location and we had Room 502 on the top floor with fire door exit to the roof terrace & bar with views of the Cathedral. We actually found ourselves rushing back after a day of sightseeing and saw this as part of our daily routine to go up there with our books to partake of a beer, sangria or mojito with complimentary crisps - friendly waitress Ana - tries very hard to engage with people and we had great fun speaking in Spanlish to explain our day. Our room did what it said on the tin - comfortable bed, bedside tables, table, chair, en suite facilities - separate lift at far end of ground floor took us to I think second floor and we had a small flight of stairs to our room. I would definitely return here again as perfect location for all the attractions.

Room Tip: Avoid any room near the lift.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great hotel in a central location. We paid a basic rate but were still given a double room on the 3rd floor which allowed us to have our own balcony. The room was clean, had a good air conditioner, minibar/fridge and TV. The real feature of the hotel was the rooftop bar where we were given a free drink on our first night - we ended up there for both of our evenings in this amazing city.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Geraldine M
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel met our needs perfectly. Clean, tidy, and rooms air conditioned. Great selection for buffet breakfast, staff very friendly and helpful and all speak good English. Lovely rooftop terrace bar where we were able to enjoy a complimentary welcome drink.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kelsey M
Redding, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place had great customer service. It is really in a cute location, close in to everything, on a fantastic little alley with a wonderful cafe just right outside. There are plugs to charge things, the room #502 on the top floor was very big, with walk in closet and good sized bathroom. The room and bath were stocked and clean, and you could ask for additional supplies as needed. The lobby was a unique area with old decor. In March I had requested a first floor (the lobby is floor zero) room with balcony over the street, but they gave those rooms away, so they upgraded us to the top floor room which had a nice view of the cathedral, and a little walkway (not patio) outside of the "emergency" door. The room was quiet, and it had A/C which we never used. We just threw the window and door open at night. Plus one point for that upgrade. They give you a coupon for a free drink the first night you are there, at their terrace bar.
But...
The breakfast, in my opinion, is a total rip-off for €9 per person, when you can go to any little cafe, say the one right outside the door, and have a couple real coffees, hot croissant with ham and cheese, orange juice, toast and walk away for €7 or so for two people.
The WiFi was the absolute worst of our (almost) six weeks so far. Sure it connected, but it took a minute to open up Google, for crap's sake. I could not do a thing in the room or lobby, so we ended up at a great little cafe over near Plaza San Salvadore that had a fast WiFi connection, good food and wine. This WiFi thing is a big hassle, in my opinion.
While the room was clean and large, it was kind of "bare bones" if you know what I mean. Like, there was no distinguishing, cute feature to it, nothing to make it memorable. This is a personal thing I guess.
So, for these three reasons I cannot give them a five of five.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had booked a nearby hotel but as they had to close for renovations they booked me into the nearby Murillo Hotel. It is very difficult to find and although I had booked a double room I arrived alone. Checked in and found that as I was alone I had been put into a single room. I queried at reception and was told that if I really wanted I could be moved to a double room or she would talk to manager about a discount next day. I checked again next day and receptionist said she knew nothing about it but would talk to colleague (and I pointed out that online single rooms were being advertised for 11 euro less). She then advised me that I had been told I could move to a double room and manager not inclined to discount but said that breakfast that day need not be paid for. Not the money so much as principle. As it was on first night airconditioning did not work and I had to change rooms anyway - to another single room. Wish I had held my ground first night. Rooms small and no bar fridge. Best thing about hotel was the little bar/restaurant opposite hotel. Would not stay there again when many other hotels nearby. First impressions do count.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank klles
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We went here for 3days and were welcomed by a Friendly lady. The rooms were nice, perfect for a short stay. We had a small balcony. When we arrived we got a card for a welcome drink. The wifi didnt work during one day due to some problems but the staff helped me and printed documents for me that i needed for the flight back. Its in the center of sevilla close to everything. I would definately come back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We have chosen this hotel because of its central location very close to The Cathedral. We came by bus from Ronda, we took the tram till the Cathedral and started to look for the hotel. It is not very easy to find ir, as Barrio Santa Cruz are small streets, but with some question "?Donde esta el Hotel?" we finally found it. The hotel is really only 5 min walk from The Cathedral if you know which street to take :-) The hotel is very nice, very clean and really looks much higher quality than only 2** rated. At the reception we got a voucher for wellcone drink at the terrace viewing on the beautiful view on the Cathedral. This was a nice gift from the hotel. The room was nice, clean and quiet, the breakfast perfect. There is a good restaurant just in front of the entrance door to the hotel. I recommend this hotel for a city stay in Sevilla.

Stayed July 2014