Hotel Becquer(Seville)
US$125
US$94
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

US$153
US$149
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 03/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$123
US$111
  • Pool
Ayre Hotel Sevilla(Seville)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$63
Ayre Hoteles
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$147
US$116
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla(Seville)(Great Value!)
US$78
Hotels.com
US$139
US$104
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

Book now, pay at stay
US$189
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

See what travellers are saying:
London, England
Reviewed 1 June 2006

Pored over the reviews here, but found many of my choices were fully booked 3 weeks in advance. Eventually emailed Hostal Lis, who emailed back confirmation next day.

THE HOSTAL
We stayed in Room F - which is on the top (2nd floor) up some steep stairs. It was a simple but attractive and very clean room, with a double bed, wardrobe, desk, 2 chairs, electric fan, 1 outside and one interior window and an ensuite shower/toilet/sink. Towels, soap and shampoo were provided. I thought this was great value for 48 Euros per night - simple but clean and attractive. They used local coloured tiles on the walls, which was nicer than plain. I preferred this over being downstairs as it was quieter and more private. The staff were friendly and helpful, and spoke a bit of English. They do not accept credit cards, so my card details were taken to reserve the booking, and then we paid cash on departure.

THE AREA
The surroundings were not especially nice, as you enter the hotel from a dingy alleyway that always smelt a bit... but that really didn't matter. The area felt residential and safe, there were other tourists and locals around. The square behind the hotel is a bus terminus, and taxi rank - and it was about a 30 minute walk into the centre of the city. There are local amenities such as cafes, bars, cashpoint, supermarket, pharmacy within a few minutes walk - although they are more 'local and servicable' than destinations. When we visited there were building works, they are constructing a metro in the city, so it was quite dusty and there seemed to be explosions going on at times...! But I live in inner London, so it was normal for me, and they were during the daytime anyway. Overall I thought this was a reasonable location, and it cost about 1 Euro on the bus or 5 Euros in a cab into the centre of the city.

THE CITY
My impressions were that the city is a mixture of the beautiful, historical centre and the rather ugly and run down suburbs. The Alcazar was great and we spent a good two hours there exploring the gardens. Would have stayed longer if it had been sunny. We went to the touristy but fun Flamenco show at the Andaluz Palace - I'd like to know where other people rate for Flamenco? I missed out on the Arab Baths - they looked fantastic, but we hadn't pre-booked. You go for one and a half hours in sessions that are at two hour intervals, and can have treatments like Choco-therapy! The food and bars were great, although I didn't manage to find any live music places - maybe they were hidden away in the side streets - then again I was there monday, tuesday, wednesday nights when the nightlife was quieter.

I really reccomend Seville as a place to visit, overall.

Reviewed 15 December 2005

I stayed here for half a day last month in Seville since it was in Lonely Plant and their website looked decent and it was cheap. And it may be decent as well. The problem was the owners put me in a single room on the ground floor right next to the reception area. Due to the flimsy door you can hear the TV and conversations from the reception area as if they were right next to your bed. The room was also dank and smelled like urine. I tried to bear it, but I couldn't so I got the heck out and went back to Hostal Alameda, which is further but far better in my opinion.

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank fiveupstove
Bilbao
Reviewed 18 May 2005

We have visited Seville in February 2005. We have reserved a room in the Hostal Lis recommended by some friends that were there the last summer. There is free internet access, there is small but useful solarium. Every day they fixed us the bed and they changed us the towels. All that with a cheap price. People of the reception are kind, responding with a lot of interest to our questions. We recommend this central hostal to all people searching a nice stay en Sevile.

• Stayed: February 2005
miami
Reviewed 8 May 2005

This it is an interesting hostel because this located very "centricamente" (in the center), counts on diverse services as access to Internet and solarium and in addition people is very warm and friendly. I was in Easter week in Seville and the personnel gave to information on Seville and sites me that to visit. Good place, good price and good services. I recommend it. I made my reservation in (---)

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leicester, UK
Reviewed 30 January 2005

After several wonderful trips to Spain this was our first online booking, after which we decided to never skimp on accom again. Hostal Lis is a traditional Andalucian tiled affair, it looked lovely at first glance, but...
Room was small, unheated (all our clothing was wet after a torrential downpore, it was never going to dry here), dust balls under bed and everything was crawling with ants. We fled to a nearby bar for a beer and a bit of a cry, decided to stick with it, but noise from building work from 8am onwards pushed us over the edge. Chap on reception was helpful enough but after booking out and moving to much better hostal near cathedral, promises of meeting with owner to discuss refund never materialised. At the end of the week after insisting on filling out complaints form we eventually were refunded cost minus one night, which to be fair we were reasonably happy with.

In conclusion: Do not make the same mistake we made and assume that this hostal is of a similar quality to the recommended Hostal Lis II.

• Stayed: March 2003