“Standard Ibis Hotel with Easy Auto Access”
Review of Ibis Sevilla

Ibis Sevilla
Ranked #54 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Although located a little way out of the city, this Ibis is ideal as a base for a short-stay in Sevilla, if you prefer to park up and take public transport. The Spanish lady at the check-in was delightful, full of laughter and smiles while being efficient. We had a room on the ground floor which was perfectly adequate for one night's stay. The dinner was usual Ibis fare, and we did have to wait a very long time between the appetizer and the main course, but it hit the spot without being remarkable. Breakfast for 6,90 was cold meats and cheeses, cereals and my favourite tomato sauce for spreading on bread to make 'pan con tomate'. Ibis Sevilla is not a memorable or interesting hotel, but it is clean, convenient and affordable which should serve the needs of many travellers.

Room Tip: Can a little noisy if people keep letting doors slam shut (not really the hotel's fault). I slam...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BEN W

Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed here twice this month due to it's proximity to the airport, but was surprised and delighted at how easy it was to get into the city. Take advantage of the free parking at the hotel and hop on a bus to the city for just €1.30. Make sure you time it to see the city at night - stunning!

Services at the hotel are consistent, as you would expect from Ibis, with an onsite bar and restaurant and wifi available for a fee.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2011

During our latest stay in Andalucia we wanted very much to see Seville, somewhere we had always wanted to visit. Booking the Ibis proved to be a great decision as it was first of all well located off the main Avenida Kansas City, our route in from the south, and with ample car parking. We therefore opted to take a taxi the short distance into the city, avoiding parking hassles. After absorbing the sights, sounds, scents & flavours of the city late into the evening, it was rewarding to know we were returning to a smart, well maintained and couteously-staffed hotel, with all the requirements we desired. The rooms were clean, bright & comfortable with international TV. Breakfast was pleasant & relaxed and we took this on the outdoor patio, with temperatures of 95F (37C) even though it was mid-October! We would definitely return to the Ibis Sevilla and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I chose the hotel because it is easy to reach with a rented car, being just at the edge of Sevilla. The hotel has a reasonable number of free parking places; if they are all taken, there is the option of parking on the street (difficult during working hours) or using the underground parking of the hotel which is charged extra. I liked the fact that I did not need to drive into the city, the very frequent bus 28 takes you straight into the centre stress-free and there is a bus stop at a few minutes' walk from the hotel.
The rooms are standard Ibis, basic but clean, with a fair choice of international channels on TV. The hotel personnel was friendly and helpful. The restaurant is just ok but nothing to write home about.
I used the internet terminal in the hotel which costs 5€ per 1 day, the speed was very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Doorn, NL
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Convenient hotel for my purpose. Good standard room at good rate. Close to busy intersection, but experienced no noise. Restaurant has limited choice and two nearby restaurants do not open until 9pm. Internet speed was frustratingly slow.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My first complaint is that they asked a 5 euro fee to use their wireless internet (we brought our own computer). In all other hotels where I've stayed, there was no charge to use the internet. But far worse was the swill they served me in the restaurant. I ordered a hamburger, thinking that would be a safe choice. I specified that I wanted the meat well-done. But it was served half-raw, though this was the least of the meal's deficits. The meat was so gristly I could not chew it, and it contained numerous bone chips that I had to spit out. The sliced tomatoes were unripe and the ketchup was brown instead of red. But the bun took the prize. It was so stale and dry it would have crumbled to dust if I had squeezed it in my hand. I went to bed hungry. At least after I complained, the waiter agreed to not charge me for the "hamburger." We had another nasty surprise the next morning. Despite being only 2.5 miles from the airport, a taxi to the airport cost 27 euros. This is because Seville has a flat fee for rides to the airport, regardless of the length of the ride. Wish I had known that in advance; we would have used a different means of transportation. By the way, we took a total of five cab rides in Seville, and were blatantly cheated by two of the taxi drivers.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank zelda2000
H3207-GM, Gerente at Ibis Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Sevilla. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are very sorry about your experience in our restaurant and as you say we have a quality agreement, that is the reason the meal was not charged. About the taxi tarif, as you know is not our responsability and we are working hard in order to have a shuttle stop near the hotel.

Isaac Izquierdo
Hotel Ibis Sevilla

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Positive:
+ location if you need to be close to airport
+ price (booked special offer 49,- euro a night)
+ very friendly reception staff

Negative
- noisy (specially noise from streets around)
- atmosphere (on an industrial estate near highways)
- indoor parking was unavailable as entrance was blocked

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family