“Okay Hotel”
Review of Hotel Alcantara

Hotel Alcantara
Ranked #38 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is a few minutes walk from the Catedral. We took a cab from the bus station which was a good idea otherwise we would have never found this place. The room was big and spacious. The cleaners obviously did not clean the bathroom properly as there was diarrhea left in the toilet which was really disgusting. As per previous comments, it does smell in the rooms. The AC worked but seemed to not get cold enough. We went to see the flamenco show in the hotel as it was recommended by many. Honestly, I've seen better. The room was tiny and it got really hot in there really quickly. We were only in Seville for a couple of days so this hotel was good enough for the price but I'm sure there's better hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel was in a terrific location, hence why I chose it! The staff was very helpful and super nice, eager to engage with you. Spoke English. I went to the Flamenco show at the hotel. Very entertaining. I had never been to a Flamenco show before. The room was pretty basic, nothing to write home about. The bathroom was large and more inviting than the room itself. Now the major negative was the sewage smell. reminded me of a few Mexico trips. I befriended another single gal there and her room also smelled of sewage. Apparently she remembered reading about that in a prior TA blog but I had not. So sadly, I have to report the one negative. When I first arrived of course they had the windows wide open in the room.... which of course I immediately closed because it was cold. Came back later after sight-seeing and stinky. So, they need to work on plumbing over there. Other than that. I hardly spent time in the room as I was sightseeing! Seville is a wonderful place! You can walk everywhere. There were some fun stores close to the hotel and they recommended a restaurant close by for tapas called Vineria San Telmo that was wonderful. Great Tapas - make a reservation! Upon departure they called a taxi for me to take me to the train station that came quick. P.S. taxi drivers were a good experience in Seville. Don't ask me about Barcelona... they rob you blind ugh.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank 21Pam
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good hotel situated in the old quarter close to the cathedral - 5 mins walk. One problem is if you are driving there - don't! We spent a while trying to navigate to the hotel by car which was impossible and ended up parking in an underground car park on the Paseo de Cristobal Colon and getting a taxi to the hotel - much easier and parking worked out at €15 per day so wasn't too bad. The hotel itself is unpretentious but clean and comfortable. Our room was a good size, tastefully if basically decorated with good air conditioning - a must in July! The breakfast isn't up to much - processed everything so I could not recommend it even though it is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerCork
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel is very clean & the stay very attentive. It is located on a small street with lots of little shops & restaurants in very close proximity. All the sites are in walking distance which is a huge bonus for my family & I. They also have Flamenco Dancing every night downstairs. It is recommended by Rick Steves & it is a more "serious" Flamenco dance. Nevertheless, my family & I enjoyed the show very much.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn C
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The hotel is hidden down a side alley but is close to some good restaurants and within easy walking distance of the city centre. The room was a good size and a/c but a bit worn and not overly clean. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful but the hotel is nothing special at 90 euro a night with breakfast a further 6 euro. The location was a plus but I would think there are better options available.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gurubob
Reviewed 1 July 2013

After a long day of transatlantic flying and a train ride from Madrid, the Hotel Alcantara was the perfect place for my family to start off our vacation in Seville. Though it was initially hard to find (we were lucky that a man on the street offered to walk with us there from the train station), its location ended up being one of its best features. You really can't beat being in the heart of Seville with its winding alleys, quaint shops, and great restaurants; not to mention that it is only a five minute walk to the cathedral and Alcazar.

The service here was probably the best out of all the hotels that my family stayed in during our Spain vacation. The woman at the reception desk was incredibly friendly and helpful at providing directions and recommending restaurants. She also got us tickets to the fantastic flamenco show in the auditorium in the hotel building (hotel guests receive a discounted price).

The rooms were very clean and well laid-out. One of the reasons why we chose this particular hotel was because it fit my family of six comfortably in two rooms: one quadruple room and one double room. While we opted not to eat breakfast at the hotel, it looked like a good, standard continental breakfast.

The great location, rooms, and service here really made our stay in Seville relaxing and enjoyable. For all of these qualities at a reasonable price, the Hotel Alcantara is one of the best places for tourists to stay in Seville!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Djs94
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

A great place!! The location was perfect amidst small alley ways, restaurants, and shops. It is nothing fancy but all you need. More than anything else the service was fantastic. They were all friendly, happy, and very helpful. Great place to stay!