“Terrific place in the middle of the historic Santa Fe Barrio”
Review of Hotel Alcantara

Hotel Alcantara
Ranked #36 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great value and good service in this historic, well-located, hotel. Good breakfast that was included in my rate thanks to a Trip Advisor promotion. The Free Feel the City walking tour picks you up at about 10:05-10:10 every morning (you tip at the end of the tour, but it is officially free). Most impressive was when I reported that the bulb in my reading light had blown out, 20 euros was automatically deducted from my overall bill. This was without me complaining or anything. I brought the blown bulb to the concierge and reported it, he wrote it down and I left for the day. When I returned, the bulb had not been replaced and the concierge explained that the person who does that kind of work hadn't come in yet. He went to the back and got a bulb, gave it to me and I brought it to my room and replaced it myself; I'm not above such things, but it occurred to me that if the concierge could locate a bulb so quickly, why not just run up to the room whilst I was out and replace it. Anyway, he wrote that there was a problem and the manager, upon reading it, deducted 20 euros from my overall bill. I was satisfied with that resolution.

Room Tip: Something on the fourth floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank flaneur40
There are newer reviews for Hotel Alcantara

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel May 13,14,th 2014. Staff were excellent,room clean,quiet.Location excellent.Many bars and restaurants in walking distance.Didn't eat breakfast .Hotel is tucked away in an alley,some people may have trouble finding it.Flamengo show next door was excellent.Can't wait to go back to the lovely city of Seville and stay at Hotel Alcantara.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Your money will go much farther elsewhere. You're paying to stay near the Giralda when you stay here, but that also means this hotel is surrounded by very expensive (mostly bad) tapas places and cheesy on-demand flamenco shows for tourists. My room was pretty tiny with an even tinier bed (much like you'd picture for someone locked into a convent cell), which wasn't very comfortable. It was also louder than I expected. The breakfast (at 9 dollars) was all plastic-wrapped pastries and processed foods. This place was clean and "good enough" for a couple days, but I would definitely stay somewhere a bit further from the center (e.g., over by Avenida Hercules) where the food is infinitely better, cheaper, and it is filled with locals... and your money will get you a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank carter0013
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We rented a car for this trip and found navigating in the major Andalusia cities difficult. I note others had trouble finding parking for this hotel. I don't recall where I found information to park at the public carpark at Cano y Cuesto but once we found it, everything was fine. Getting there was a major headache as street signs are either well hidden or non-existent. We used a serviceable map but it is not very helpful when you don't know what street you are on! The hotel is well located for site seeing and dining. The room didn't have old Spanish charm but was spacious and comfortable. The only room I could book for our 3 nights was a double and a single bed so when we arrived, there were 3 twin beds. When I asked the front desk, the receptionist insisted that was what I booked but said they would make up a double bed for us. My husband moved the furniture in the room to make a double bed and the next morning they made it as a double with appropriate sheets so that was not a big issue. Like most places, breakfast consists of multiple kinds of bread so you can make toast, croissants, a machine that makes a choice of coffee, and juice. They charge 6 Euros which is pricey for no hot food.

Room Tip: I booked a double with a twin because that's what was available and got more room.
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We spent 4 nights at Hotel Alcantara and enjoyed it very much! The location was perfect for Seville--in the heart of this lovely city. Our room was small but cozy and quiet--we were in Room 37 at the end of the hall. The staff was extremely kind and helpful--we appreciated the excellent service. We didn't eat breakfast here but opted for coffee and pastry at nearby bar/restaurant. If we return to Seville, we would stay here again for the service, value, and location.

2  Thank marsle
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel had a nice location, but the rooms were very small - no room to walk around the bed, really. Also, the hotel has a policy that you have to turn in your room key anytime you leave the hotel. This wouldn't be a big issue, except that there was often a wait to retrieve the key. This is in part because the hotel sells tickets to the flamenco show downstairs, and there are often people waiting in the same line as you, buying those tickets while you wait for your key. It also is a bit odd to have someone always outside your hotel handing out fliers for this show to people on the street. Still, the girls distributing the flyers quickly recognized us and wouldn't bug us each time we entered the hotel.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We've stayed un Alcantara at the end of April at Easter weekend. Hotel is located in narrow pedestrian street close to cathedral in the old part of Seville. It's impossible to drive to the hotel directly, so we had a problem finding it using gps. Finally part of out company walked to the hotel on foot, and others drove to find parking outside of the old town. If you don't drive, the cab will bring you very close to the hotel. Hotel is clean and nice. Rooms are not big but enough for 2, bed was comfortable. Breakfast is simple, no hot food, pastries, cheese, ham, coffee. Around are a lot of nice restaurants. The Flamenco theater is in the same building, we enjoyed the show that is daily and not expensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple