“Quality stay in Sevilla”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Luxe Hostel

Grand Luxe Hostel
Ranked #12 of 70 Seville B&B and Inns
Anchorage, Ak
“Quality stay in Sevilla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

The staff were cheerful, pleasant and very helpful. They answered many questions for us and are a high spot of this hostel. The hostel is located with site of the cathedral and a couple minutes from the main square. However they are on a quiet lane which is a positive. It is an excellent location for visiting Seville. The room was comfortable with everything we needed. The breakfast was basic but there is a fridge for storing your own food as well as a full kitchen available for guest use. There are at least two markets within walking distance. The hostel is an ideal location with a lot going for it. Even if you aren't looking for a hostel this is little different from a hotel and a great value.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed two nights in one of the double rooms at Grand Luxe. Our room was very simple, a bit more sparse than I was expecting, but that was completely fine with us. We don't travel to stay in fancy rooms. The breakfast was also pretty basic, but the excellent service, great location, clean accommodations, reliable wifi and spectacular rooftop patio make it a hands-down excellent choice for lodging in Sevilla.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I just spent two nights at Gran Luxe Hostel and will be HIGHLY recommending it to others who star in Sevilla. The location cannot get any better! You are a stones throw from the Alcazar and Giralda and loads of eateries. I stayed in a double room with a balcony view of the Giralda, which was stunning to wake up to. All though it is listed as a hostel, its more high end and modern then any other hostel I have stayed in. The room also had its own bathroom. Breakfast was amazing, I had a friendly crepe chef make a delicious breakfast. Staff was always smiling and very helpful. Everyone I met at the hostel ranged from ages 25 to 35, its a perfect balance for someone budget conscious but still looking for great quality service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisette M
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This hostel is in a great location, has secure entry and 24hr reception, which is important for me when travelling solo. Staff were helpful and the room and bathroom were very clean. I stayed in a Double room with private bathroom. Only got 1 towel and no bath mat, but that was ok for a night. It has a lift and there is airconditioning, which I am sure you would need in the summer. WiFi worked well.
This hostel is great value and I would recommend it if you are on a budget. It is near some much more expensive hotels. It is very close to the Tram and you can walk to most places.
Breakfast was help yourself in the kitchen area. Not my style, being commercial coco pops etc but it looked plentiful and there was bread to make toast. The kitchen area was available for guests which would be handy if staying longer.
The rooftop view of the cathedral is lovely.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great hostel, great location but more importantly exceptional young staff who are cosmopolitan, cool, worldly and friendly, and you'll experience this from the moment you'll walk in to the moment you leave. If I wanted people to represent my company, city and country, these are the individuals I'd want to work for me. Sorry I don't have all your names, but you know who you are. So, if you own the Grand Luxe or if you're the manager reading this... I think you have a rare group of individuals, keep them..... and I insist you reward them ;-)

Ish (London)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Oceonblue
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had such a good experience in Grand Luxe hostel. We were 4 in very big bedroom, and we had our own bathroom. We could unpack a bit and had everything we need to make the stay as comfortable as possible.
The staff was really nice and friendly. I am a celiac and they even made sure I had something to eat for breakfast.
The roof of the hostel is the cherry on the cake... breathtaking view of the cathedral. You can walk anywhere from the Hostel.

We did the free walking tour , Santiago was our tour guide, it was fun and I saw everything I needed to see. It was very informative and I met a lot of people.

I would really recommend this hostel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hostel was fantastic we had an ensuite double room better than some hotels we have stayed in. Close to cathedral the staff were friendly and helpful comfortable bed very clean, we would stay here again without a doubt. Even breakfast was included in the price !!!

Room Tip: We had. Great double en suite room with several draws but no hanging space, but that wasn't a pr...