“Negative experience”

Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Seville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I came to write a review but saw the first photo they show on TA is the pool....they forget to mention there is a cement factory (not sure if it is still working) right next to the pool. I felt like that photo is from one of the trick shows on tv where they try and deceive guests. Many people were in the pool so maybe I am the only one it bothered.

So the good, the hotel is relatively low cost, the driving directions on the website from the airport are accurate, and free wifi.

Negative-

I tried to park but the garage was all of of spaces so I ended up parking overnight in the entrance to the hotel. The hotel elevator had a sign telling you not to use the water as it was contaminated. I'll give them a pass on that one. Next I arrived in the room:

Room 1
TV didn't work
Door to the bathroom was broken so it wouldn't stay closed, not optimal if children or others are in the room
The shower had no shower curtain so water went everywhere in the bathroom

Room 2
Missing the comforter from the bed. The front desk said they would bring it up in 10 minutes but after waiting 30 minutes I called again and they stated they didn't know what I needed so they hadn't done anything. So I went to the front desk but they didn't have any so I had to sleep with a 2 light blankets.

Overall this was a highly negative stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TexasCane
AlejandroHGI, Director General at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We truly appreciate your opinion as this allows us to continually develop and improve our guests´ experience through our service.

I am truly sorry to hear that this time; we have not met your expectations and fell short of fulfilling your expectations as a guest.

We have considered all your comments like a constructive criticism and in this sense, I have to thank you for letting me know your concern and your point of view about your experience during your stay. Our commitment is to provide the best service and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order, for this reason I feel sad knowing that we have not been able to fulfil your expectations.

First of all, I would like to inform you that the water wasn’t contaminated. We were hyper chlorinating the water tanks as we have to by legal requirements twice per year. Just between 12h and 18h we recommend not to use the water since the chlorine concentration is higher than normal. I deeply apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay because of this.

Regarding our location, even it is true there is a cement plant beside the hotel, it does not work. For this reason, there is no noise affecting our guests. Even though, I am truly sorry if you have found our surroundings inconvenient.

I would also like to apologise for any inconvenient suffered due to the parking space limitation. We do understand your point and we will take in consideration your comments as this is a good opportunity for us to improve our guests' experience and become better every day.

Finally, it is true that one of our disabled rooms did not have any shower curtain. I am truly sorry to know you found it inconvenient and I would like to inform you that we have immediately bought one. We have also assured that every door and TV are working correctly.

We would be incredibly grateful if you would give us another opportunity to change your opinion and to show you that your feedback has been heeded.

I really hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!

Alejandro Casamor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,078)

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

For a summer break what a lovely hotel.
Lovely rooms, prompt and good customer service but not to intrusive. Jorge & Fran very helpfull as wel as the f&b manager didn't remember his name. Only tip I would give the hotel is to invest in some more lounge beds at the pool as when the weather is mainly warm in Seville. It would be nice to have more then 9 beds for such a high class hotel! Other than that nothing to fault my stay! Well done

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Miszy-D
AlejandroHGI, Director General at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for mentioning Fran, Jorge and Ignacio. I have immediately shared with them your positive feedback, thank you very much. Our commitment is to provide the best food, the best service and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, I feel happy to know we have met your expectations.

I will also take in consideration your suggestion as a good way to become better, thank you very much for letting me know your concern.

I truly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here during the intensely hot weather in mid July & were so glad we chose a hotel with a pool , as it was too hot to be in the city... 44degrees at 7pm still !!. The hotel itself was immaculately clean & staff very friendly and efficient. Gorge on front desk was super helpful, as was Francesco in the restaurant, service with some humour thrown in. Wonderful.The rooms were spacious with every necessary item available, but best thing as a mother of a teenage son was the free laundry room in the basement.what a blessing.
Breakfast was plentiful with lots of variety and eggs to order , as well as a waffle iron ready to go.
Although a short bus ride into the city , which was extremely easy , this hotel is FABULOUS.
Would definitely stay again. Thanks for the fantastic memories.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AlejandroHGI, Director General at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay to the Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla.

I would like to thank you for mentioning two of our team members. They are always available to provide an excellent service, and we are truly happy to know we have met your expectations. I have immediately shared with them your positive review. Again, thank you very much.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was a very good standard.The room was very clean and quiet, there was even an iron and ironing board in the room! Very rare in my experience in hotels in Spain.The bathroom was large, clean and well equipped. The parking was free, you could easily get a taxi for 10euros to centre of the city, but for 7euros you could get the hotel car! We did not have breakfast, but found a nice cafe just round the corner where you could get a nice breakfast roll and coffee for 6euros for two!The staff were very pleasant, nothing too much trouble.The one down side was finding the hotel, but we were glad we did!

1  Thank Naida S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us, it is a pleasure to know you had such a great time with us.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Team. They are always available to provide an excellent service, and I can see we have met your expectations. Thank you very much.

I am glad to know you had an overall great stay and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The location is in an industrial area with lots of commercial buildings around. But for overall price, quality, etc... I can say it was pretty good. I stayed there for 2 nights, staff very helpful and welcoming. The hotel will provide a shuttle to downtown (old city) main attraction for a fee. I had a car and no problem going to town and back. The breakfast was pretty good, buffet style with different choices. Pool is not large, but ok, nothing spectacular. The room was clean, modern furniture, and good internet connection. It looks like the hotel is fairly new, so you get the feeling that everything is modern and new. Bed, furniture, towels, and everything else is still new. Modern building but quite overall, although the hotel was busy.

Room Tip: Any room is fine nothing spectacular if you are looking for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
AlejandroHGI, Director General at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback to the Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla. We truly appreciate your opinion as this allows us to continually develop and improve our guests´ experience through our service.

In this sense, I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. It is a pleasure to know we have met your expectations and you had an excellent stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Although it is a few KM outside of the City it is a perfect location for either a City weekend break or longer. Situated in a commercial area this new hotel offers large clean rooms and excellent food. Travel into the City on their bus for only 7 euros. The airport is not too far away and they provide a free collection service. Easy access to the major road systems.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
AlejandroHGI, Director General at Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear you had an excellent stay to the Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla.

Our commitment is to provide the best food, the best service and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, I am happy to know we have met your expectations with our food and cleanliness. Thank you very much for your positive comments.

I truly hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Seville from 7th to 9th August and can firmly recommend it. The rooms great, the food very nice and the staff amazing, nothing is too much trouble for them. Although 3km out of Seville they have a shuttle bus that you can book in advance this will take and collect you from Seville itself, there is a small charge for this but still cheaper than taxis. As I said the staff are fantastic we had one very nice member of staff who helped us when we found the air conditioning in the room wasn't working properly, she didn't hesitate in changing our room. This young lady is a trainee at the hotel and her name is Mari Paz, nothing is too much trouble for her and she is an asset to the company.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

I cannot thank you enough your kind comments to the Hilton Garden Inn Sevilla. It is an honour to hear such a positive feedback.

I would like to thank you for mentioning Mari Paz. I have immediately shared your review with her. Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, we are happy to know we have achieved our goal and you had an excellent stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.