“Little inn with heart” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 179 Hotels in Seville
San Francisco, California
“Little inn with heart”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Not sure my head was when I booked this. Had just checked out of a 5 star hotel in Madrid. In a grotty neighborhood--but hey, i turned out to be fine, more than fine. Place is hard to find. First cab ditched us on the wrong street and pointed to the wrong hotel. Finally got in and staff REALLY friendly and helpful. No elevator. .. 3rd floor walk-up. No safe. (Hotel staff offerred to hold things in his office..) Cute room, maybe designed by interior design student on her way to better things. Baby hoteliers working hard. Not totally ready for prime time, but a gem for a budget traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a low floor, no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Perhaps this small hotel was once very attractive, but it appears that it must be under a different management. The staff is very strange. The woman who checked us in only complained about her job and her schedule and was not the least interested in our needs. Our 2 nights had been pre-paid but when we were ready to check out they continued to question us about this and seemed extremely disorganized. The floors in our room (ground floor) were extremely dirty when we checked in. The area of the hotel is not the greatest, and I don't think anyone would feel especially comfortable there late at night. The breakfast is skimpy (and we heard other diners say the same thing). I would try to find a hotel more centrally located near the Cathedral area if you are planning a trip to Seville and would definitely not stay at La Casa del Maestro.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ahur111
Zoersel, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

We enjoyed our stays (third time) at this little hotel located in the old part of Sevilla, walking distance to almost all major attractions such as Bull Ring, oldest Tapas bar, Palace and Garden, Cathedral, Flamingo Museum. We were there during April Feria and of course the price of the room is not normal but we enjoyed our two days visit in Sevilla. This is our third visits and there still so much to explore and visit...a fantastic city Sevilla.

Room Tip: A typical Spanish house with a open court yard in the middle and balcony around each floor, add a f...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

This was a miss for us.
1. Service. The poor lady who fulfils the one man band at reception, office, door opener, etc had the flu. She coughed and sneezed all over us, wiped her nose and didn't wash her hands. I was torn between wanting to don a gas mask and gloves and needing to check in. She won. So did her flu. 3 days later on the button I got her flu. Wrecks your holiday. Not her fault but I don't think people that sick should be holding the fort

Mrs Flu did get a reprieve at the end of our stay from a guy without English. My fault I know. One should learn Spanish if one intends to come to Spain. I'm still trying to wrangle with MasterCard over the fact that he charged me twice for Hotel accommodation. I'm sure the language barrier is to blame. Given how expensive this hotel is, I think we just misjudged what we were going to get. It is a tiny basic no frills b&b.

2. One man band and an unattended door. With only one person ( in our case with one foot in the grave) on duty and a locked door policy, waiting at the front door for her to come let you in for three minutes in the cold rain ain't fun. Perhaps when one man band is unable to walk we should be given a key or leave the door open?

3. Sherpa required. I was travelling without my husband and with 3 kids. Heading up that narrow staircase with 4 bags on your own is a great gym workout but wouldn't suit anyone without a personal trainer. Ask for ground floor rooms unless you like exercise.

4. Don't swing your cat. You can't. These rooms are TINY. If your suitcase is on the floor you will have to walk on it to get into the bed. Oh and if you like mattresses without lumps and body shaped divets, walk away now.

5. Dodgy wifi. Some might consider this a plus. I had to work. I found it a minus.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank GMfromSydney
Hyderabad, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

For 200 euros a night I expected more. I stayed here in April with my husband and parents. Here were the problems:

There was no elevator and we were on the third floor. I wish I would have known this in advance, I guess I should have requested a lower level room as it was difficult for my elderly parents to walk up 3 flights of stairs 2-3 times a day.
We also had to carry all our luggage up three flights of stairs and back down when departing. There was no bellboy or anyone to help with this, no one offered to assist.
Staff was not very knowledgeable about restaurants or sites to visit in the area.
The rooms smelled wet and both had mold on the walls. I suspect his is partly due to the large amounts of rain in the area, but still, it was a little disappointing.
The day before our departure my parent's room had a leak in the ceiling, we were lucky we were there to catch it. First a few drips, then water started gushing out of the ceiling light fixture. The hotel moved them to another room, but was not apologetic or accommodating regarding this issue. They did not apologize or offer any discount or special service and we had to move all their stuff to a different (much smaller) room.

I expected more from a hotel charging these kinds of rates. I'm okay with lugging my own suitcases at a budget hotel, but I specifically booked this as I thought it was going to be a boutique luxury hotel experience, it was not.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the street. Even though it's a small street there was a lot of noise!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

Very warm welcome at reception, lovely spacious rooms, some have even a little patio, extremely comfortable beds (we slept like logs...), jovial breakfast corner with attentive service (white table clothes, white linen napkin, each cup of coffee gets served in fresh bone china cup. We were so well looked after which I never expected at a 2** hotel in Sevilla. The friendly staff also helps with taxi orders, restaurant and Flamenco show recommendations and reservations and so on.
We really felt home away from home, thank you so much for all, we will be back for sure:-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vistadelapaz
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2012

Sevilla is a quite interesting city to visit in Andalucia and Casa del Maestro is a simple yet comfortable place to stay for a short trip. Located in the old town it is hard to find (close to Saint Ildefonso Church) but centrally located. Ambiance is hospitable and well decorated. Guest rooms are very small but comfortable and with all the quality expected.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple