“prisonroom”

Ranked #119 of 153 Speciality Lodging in Seville
Belgium
“prisonroom”
Reviewed 3 October 2010

When I arrived at hostal Redes at 21:00 they told me they had to close one floot because of problems with water and they had booked me a room at hostal Roma, which is nearby. I went to hostal Roma, but the rude receptionist who doesn't understand or speak a word of English, kept repeating that I was at hostal Roma and not Redes. I explained several times to him, that hostal Redes had booked me a room, but he didn't find my name on the list. I asked him to call hostal Redes, but he didn't want to. I took my mobile phone, dialled the number and gave my phone to him. He kept shouting and after five minutes, I realised there was no solution, so I asked him my phone back. He didn't want to give it back and kept shouting. After a while he gave me my phone back, I took my bags again and went to hostal Redes. On my way back I met the receptionist of hostal Redes. She went back with me to hostal Roma, where they started to argue again for about ten minutes. The guy at hostal Roma, had given the room she booked for me, to someone else. So hostal Redes had to find an other hotel. She finally booked a hotel, paid me a taxi, because it was very far from there and told me to come back at the hostal next morning for breakfast. She had only booked me a room and no breakfast.
When I finally got to my room in the other hotel it was 23:00.

The next morning I went back to hostal Redes. When enterring my room I was glad, I had only one night there. It looked like a prison in stead of a hotelroom. The room was about 1,8m x 2,4m!!!! There was a 1-personbed in it,, and that's it, no room for anything else. Even the bathroom was bigger than the room.

Breakfast was very poor quality. Make sure you get up early and get your breakfast at 8:30. Because at 9:00 it's full and there's no place to sit.

There is no toilet in the hotel, only in the rooms, so if you get there early and you have to wait for your room, you must go to some cafe.

The hotel was clean, but the room smelled awfull.

Positive: The staff is friendly, especially the man. The location is ok. Close to busstation Plaza de Armas. If you want to go from the other busstation (San Sebastian) to the hotel, than don't take the bus C4, because it takes 1 hour! Just go by foot or take a taxi (5 euro).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 26 April 2010

The hostel is not so centrally located as we need to take a bus to Cathedral after ten minute walk. Or one can also walk 20 minutes. The hostel is ok for the price we paid for the rooms. Breakfast quality is not so good with very little choice. A good bargain however when we asked the reception staff for direction and bus information they managed to lure us to buy sightseeing hop on hop off tour, which i think was a complete waste of money as seville is at best explored on foot.
Remeber from train station you need one changeover for public bus and its little confusing.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Stayed here for a day in Aug '09 with my cousin and a friend of hers. Was about 55 euros for a 3 bed room, which was quite a bargain, I think. The location is not very central, but then one can get around to most places in Seville easily. The rooms were minimally furnished. Since we were in one of the inner rooms the internet signal was quite weak and kept getting disconnected. The AC was leaking water, which made life a little difficult. But overall, it wasn't uncomfortable.

The folks at the reception knew very little English, but helped us out with maps et al.

Overall, if cash's a concern, this is a great place. If not, I think you can better spend it elsewhere..

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
edinburgh
Reviewed 10 May 2009

unfortunately we did not realise when we booked our flight that it was when the feria was on in seville and as a result cheap accommodation or even any accommodation is difficult to come by and is twice the price it would be normally . we paid 330 euros for 4nights and it would probably have been half of that a week before or after . we were not expecting a lot but the room we had was like a prison cell . there were twin beds , but not enough room for them to be placed side by side . the only other item of furniture was 1 bedside table . the wardrobe was in the bathroom and had 3 hangers in it .we asked for more but were told they had none . we asked for extra pillows twice but never got them .
we could not see any internet connection though it was advertised and the credit card machine seems to have been broken for 8 months at least according to other reviews .
the 2 things in its favour were the location and cleanliness .
overall i still dont think it was value for money even at the normal price .

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Seville hotels

Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2007

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights in the unbearable heat of Seville in Summer. There was fully useable air con which was a godsend! We had a twin room on the top floor which was fab - we were only paying a tenner each per night and weren't expecting very much. It was like a mini apartment, we had a little hallway and a new bathroom and the room was really clean. No bugs! The only problem was the lack of a lift so we had to haul our huge bags to the top floor (also the staff dont speak english at all, but are very good humoured). I genuinely thought this was a great value place, maybe we just got lucky with our room allocation and the top floor meant there were less bugs but all in all a wonderful bargain and by far the best place i stayed while backpacking!

• Liked — Clean and good value
  • Disliked — All the stairs and lack of English spoken
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sapphirepuma
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2005

I was unfortunate enough to spend three nights here. Hostal Redes is situated on a back road in Seville. The staff are unprofessional and did not make us feel welcome at all. Being too girls we were disappointed that we were given the ground floor room which looked out on to the street, but this turned out to be the least of our worries. The room constantly had various creepy crawlies in it and the walls were damp and looked like they could have cockroaches in them. It was no surprise on our last night when we discovered that our suspicions were correct!

4 Thank Celeste1982
Dewsbury, UK
Reviewed 29 August 2005

For the money, I don't think you can complain. Small, but adequately-sized rooms, en-suite for around 40Euro/night can't be bad.

We went during the hot season, and were anxious when learning that there was no air conditioning (it was in the process of being installed, so it might be there now - ask). However there was a large electric fan in the room, and this honestly did do the trick.

The location is central, walking distance through nice modern shops to the main points of interest, and all in all we congratulated ourselves on finding it.

One caveat - the staff speak almost no English whatsoever, not unusual for a Spanish "Hostal" but potentially problematic for non-Spanish speakers.

• Stayed May 2005