“Great!”

Hotel Plaza Santa Lucia
Ranked #99 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I went in with my family for 3 nights.Fantastic breakfast, go for the fresh yogurt!!! You can get parking, something that is so difficult in Seville! Lovely staff! Nice room! There's a mini market nearby!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AnaVanGoth

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went in 2 nights through a Groupon pack in the beginning of this month because my goal was to visit Isla Magica; The hotel provides a good service and it was not very expensive. it included a taps meal, which was excelent. the staff was kind and helpful. I recomend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Manuel Diogenes d
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Booked a package through Cool Deals for a 2 night stay for self, daughter and grandson in en-suite family room, to include day entry tickets into Isla Magica theme park not far away, 24-26 June 2014. €169 all in - hotel, breakfast, and Isla Magica tickets for all 3 of us. A small, relatively modern hotel in the midst of the narrow streets of old Seville, but very quiet location. Staff very friendly and helpful (good English), hotel and room very clean, lovely outside terrace for relaxing after a day tramping around, spotless bright breakfast area downstairs with small patio outside, breakfast was a good offering of choices, with cooked breakfast included, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurts, toast, pastries, and a variety of teas, coffees and juices - something for everyone. Small underground car park - €15. The room overlooked a small square and a church, there was a cafe in the square very nearby (excellent ice creams), and a Lidl at the top of the road if you wanted to get in a few supplies. We wanted a relaxing base to rest our heads while we took in as much of Seville as possible in the time, and this hotel was perfect. There were buses nearby to take you to the centre not far away or taxis at around 6-7€, taxi to Isla Magica approx 3€, or there is a bus from the top of the road.

If you're not looking for luxury, but a clean and friendly base for your sightseeing, then I strongly recommend Hotel Plaza Santa Lucia.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sheila h
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

It is long way from most of the interesting parts of Seville. The Macarena stop of the sight-seeing bus is almost 1 km away. There are one or two bars and cafés around and they are not bad but you will walk a lot. It isn't hard to get to though: take the C2 from Santa Justa station (the aeropuerto bus takes you to the station) and get off at the Burger King. Only a block from there to the hotel.
The upside: a good-sized (although the shower is tiny), clean room in a quiet area that is good value for the price. Wifi works well and staff are helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jazman63
Reviewed 25 April 2014

During our quick stop over in Seville we had a great stay at this value for money hotel in the heart of Seville. Friendliest owners in Spain. They treated us as royals form arrival to departure. Thanks!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Carl S
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We travelled with a group of friends on a booked tour in Andalusia when we stayed at this hotel. We were deeply disappointed. This was the worst hotel we stayed at in Spain. The hotel is far from everything and not in a nice neighborhood. We had a small room with the view over a small patio with dirty walls and dying flowers. The hotel offers a very limited range of amenities and the worst breakfast we had in a hotel ( no hot dishes and questionable quality of food). The fabulous Hugo, the manager mentioned in one of the reviews, did welcome our group, but after we complained about the service, we never saw him again, not even to say goodbye. There were no towels in the room when we arrived. They were brought to our room late that night and were not changed during our stay ( we stayed three nights). On the plus side, friendly, helpful ladies at the front desk who provided all the information we needed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lyerka S
HUGO S, Director General at Hotel Plaza Santa Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Mr. Lyerka,
I appreciate your comments to help us improve our services. Ours is three star hotel and it offers, I believe, excellent value for money. Perhaps there has been some misunderstanding when booking a room in our hotel. Having taken note of all your comments, I would like to add the following:
1) The hotel is located in the historic center of the city, one of the most traditional neighborhoods of Seville and ten minutes from the Basilica de la Macarena and close to the Palace of the Duchess of Alba and the Metrosol complex. As I do not speak Croatian, I could only comment on the attractiveness of the neighborhood with your guide in English. From the first moment I told your guide that the the hotel staff was at your disposal for everything you might need. I do not know whether he relayed this message to you. As far as I know, all the staff was always at your service to provide you with any information or documentation you requested. At no time during your stay I got any comments or suggestions on the contrary. If this had been the case , we would have sought a solution immediately .
2) Rooms are 17m2 as required by regulations for 3 star hotels in Spain. Due to a problem with the drying of towels, and it being the middle of Easter, the distribution was delayed in 3 bedrooms. Unfortunately, one of the affected bedrooms was the one allocated to you. However, I would remind you that this incidence had already been resolved when you returned from your first walk in the city, around 8 pm
3) The breakfast service offered by our hotel is standard, including coffee, milk , tea , 2 kinds of cereal , yogurt , orange juice , 2 kinds of sausage, cheese slices , various pastries , jams , butter , bread, olive oil and crushed tomatoes .
4) Your stay coincided with Easter, a period in which we charge the highest rates because it is the high season. However, I still believe that you and your group enjoyed a very cheap rate considering it included accommodation and breakfast.
5) Unfortunately I could not say goodbye to you as I would have liked, as you and your group left minutes before 8:30 am, when I start work.
In any case, I'm sorry that your stay has not lived up to your expectations. I would like to thank you for your comments and I apologize in my name and the entire team of the Hotel Plaza Santa Lucia for the inconvenience caused.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Clean, good location for us, Pleasant staff and good night's sleep. Bit characterless though. However it's convenient for the train station, has nearby secure parking and overall a godo budget option.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple