“Excellent -- Highly Recommended”
Review of Alminar Hotel

Alminar Hotel
Ranked #18 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This adorable hotel, situated in the heart of Seville, excels in all categories. The staff is very friendly and helpful (and are fluent in English). The rooms are clean and smartly furnished. The bathroom amenities are excellent, which is not something you will experience in every Seville hotel as reviews of other hotels in similar proximity will attest. Also priced lower than many other hotels in same area. When we return to Seville, we are staying HERE.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 September 2013

There are so many places to choose, it becomes over whelming. Trust me I booked this for my first night, and never left. Great location, just great everything. I was in room #21. Very modern, it felt like I was the first person to use the room. Wifi was great, AC worked, even a radio that was a bonus. Last minute online $60 US. I probably won't have paid $100. Can't forget staff was great , and spoke English.

Room Tip: Room 21 was perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Second time in this beautiful city and second time staying in Alminar Hotel and have to admit it was even better than the first time.

The location is perfect. Hotel a few steps from the cathedral and with short walking distance to all the major attractions. The staff incredibly helpful and professional both during and before my stay by answering my numerous email and phone queries and always in a helpful and professional manner.

Alminar Hotel is a simple, elegant, no fuss, wonderful hotel, with friendly, helpful staff.

I could not recommend this hotel more highly and in fact the excellent service I received in my first visit three years before was a major factor in my returning to Seville and I was not disappointed. The Manager Francisco and Boni were a great help and always available for help and suggestions.

Room was spacious and airy with a beautiful terrace and a great view of the cathedral and for such a central location room incredibly quiet both during the day and at night.

The hotel and its staff are wonderful and they are one of the reasons I came back to Seville and the reason I will return again. I would and have happily recommended this hotel to family and friends and they have all loved it. I will most definitely return.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We recently had a 3 night stay in this wonderful hotel. The location was a few minutes walk from the Cathedral and Alcazar. Our room was comfortable and though facing the street was very quiet. The front desk is staffed 24 hrs a day, and they provide professional service and give helpful advice. Would highly recommend .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our last minute change of plans and the Tripadvisor reviews led us to this charming place. The rooms were pleasant and comfortable. While not luxurious, they completely met our needs. We easily wandered on foot to all of the featured attractions and other spots. Our hosts graciously provided tips on places to see and eat--go with their advice for great tapas.The hospitality and thoughtfulness of the staff and the accommodations made it a delightful stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here for one night in July and I was very impressed with Hotel Alminar. The hotel was very clean and my room was of a very high standard. I booked a single room but was upgraded to a double upon arrival. The hotel is located minutes from the Cathedral and the Bullring and the local restaurants were excellent. The two gentlemen behind reception spoke very good English and were very very helpful and friendly. I want to go back to Seville and I will certainly be staying at Hotel Alminar again. Thanks guys! I promise to come back and see Real Betis' stadium next time!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RicDunc
Reviewed 29 July 2013

You walk into this hotel for a block as cars cannot enter the old street. This is the old city. Simple walk to the cathedral and Alcazar in one direction and the city hall and shopping in the other. You can take a taxi to/from the train or take the tram to the bus station. If your interest are in these sights, shopping and dining, this is the place. A very helpful staff and efficient rooms. I traveled as a single traveler and so my room needs were more than met. Very quiet at night. Would I stay there again . . you bet, a no doubter.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo