“Good position”
Review of Alminar Hotel

Alminar Hotel
Ranked #17 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Parked at public underground car park 400 yds away. Easy walk there, do not attempt to drive to front door. Very helpfull staff with good suggestions for tapas, meals and Flamenco show. Excellent location, close to cathedral, Alczar. Modern rooms, clean, adequate, some have bath not shower, breakfast limited but cheap. Would stay again for it's location and helpful staff. Noise not a problem for us, room fronted onto street.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Active_Traveller014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at Hotel Alminar during my stay in Seville for 7 nights in May solo and what an experience it was! The exceptional customer service started before I had even arrived, where I was in contact with the hotel manager who ensured that everyone was ok for my upcoming trip, and answered all of my questions.

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by wonderful, professional staff who offered advise on where to eat and where to go,I was provided with directions and a map and was greeted with a smile.

I unfortunately got sick with a really bad sore throat during my stay, and the staff as well as the manager, went out of their way to ensure I was ok; providing me with my requests to try out the old womans tales to try and get better. I really felt like I was well looked after and a part of the "family".

The hotel is located in an excellent location, with everything and the main attractions all within walking distance. I walked everywhere I needed to go! The cathedral is literally down the road, as well as the alcazar, the shopping is a 5-7 minute walk, Bari gothic is 5 minutes away ... everything is close!!!

The rooms are great, comfortable and always clean. I stayed in a single use room as I was travelling solo and it was more then enough. There is a safe and you get free wifi which is great when you are travelling :)

I was going on an early tour one morning and the hotel staff ensured that I had my breakfast ready for me at 5:30am to ensure I did not miss this ... the service is just exceptional and I would not hesitate in going back to Alminar nor recommending it to anyone ... It is a MUST stay! just fantastic :)

Thank you Alminar for a wonderful experience ... I am so glad that I listened to the reviews on Tripadviser and went with staying here. One of the best hotel experiences in the whole 7 week Europe trip I did.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Refika_m
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights in May at this lovely hotel. The staff were phenomenol. They were friendly, helpful and gave great advice re places to visit or eat, etc.
They also had a great sense of humour. They always made us feel that they had lots of time for us.
The hotel is clean clean clean. Our room was one floor up from the ground floor, facing the street. It had balcony doors with just a doorstep and railing outside that made it feel lovely in the room. You could let in nice light or open the doors. The street is a quiet one. There are no cars, only pedestrians. We weren't disturbed by any noise from outside.
The room was roomy! The bathroom was lovely and spacious (and clean!). The shower was great. It did leak at the head of the tub when having a shower, but once we knew that we simply put a small towel at that spot and it was fine. We had lots of cupboard space, a safe in the room, and a minibar. The temperature/AC control worked well.
The location was perfect. It was walking distance to the Cathedral (<5 mins), the Alcazar (just a few minutes further), and Barrio Santa Cruz (just a little further again). We also walked across the river to visit the market (Mercado de Triana) and Triana itself. There were lots of places to eat, have coffee or a drink within minutes walk from the hotel.
Breakfast was optional and had a good selection including fresh orange juice, fruit, yogurt, cheeses, meats, breads, sweets, and cereal. Coffee and tea were available at all times from an automated coffee machine and were good.
We would not hesitate a minute to return to this hotel if we are fortunate enough to return to Seville!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LibTrav99
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I decided to stay at this hotel as we had read many excellent reviews of it and we were very glad that we did. The manager and reception staff were extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming and spoke excellent English. It was their extensive knowledge of, and enthusiasm for the area that enhanced our stay in the historic part of the city. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, comfortable and very well equipped, fridge, safe, Wi-Fi etc. and the air con was a blessing after the heat of the day. The location is in a quiet street, ensuring peace and quiet at night, but only two minutes walk from a huge selection of restaurants, cafes, bars etc and a multitude of interesting and cultural attractions and sights such as the Cathedral, Royal Palace, Museums, beautiful gardens and parks and many, many more. We have no hesitation in giving Hotel Alminar top marks for everything and fully intend to stay there when we visit Seville again and have already recommended it to our friends. Well done and thank you, Francisco, manager and Maria on reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed in Seville during the spring fiesta 2014 – although in the 22 years I’ve been visiting Spain I ‎can’t remember there not being a fiesta of some sort no matter where I am or when I go!‎

I pride myself on booking hotels in good central locations and this has to be the best spot ever! Hotel ‎Alminar is in the heart of Seville, as soon as you step outside the hotel you can feel the party ‎atmosphere during fiesta time and it is great. ‎

The hotel staff are really friendly and helpful and although we didn’t have breakfast included in our ‎booking we were able to get tea, coffee and biscuits at anytime from the restaurant. While we were ‎there the coffee machine was broken and to make up for the inconvenience they supplied us with a ‎pot of coffee and fresh milk on a tray to take up to our room (there are no tea/coffee facilities in the ‎room). ‎

The room itself was quite small and dark and very basic, but we had an adjoining roof terrace on the ‎top floor which was really nice with restricted views of the cathedral. The size of the room didn’t ‎bother me, but my husband was not so impressed (high maintenance). The bathroom was well ‎decorated with a snazzy feature glass sink. Every time we had a shower the water overflowed from ‎the bath onto the floor, which was a bit of a nuisance and made it quite slippery. The mini bar was ‎reasonably priced (as all seem to be in Spain), but you have to fill out a form with your options to get it ‎filled up daily – which we kept forgetting to do, although I’m sure this wouldn’t have been a problem ‎had we asked after our room had been cleaned). There is no parking at the hotel, but there are plenty ‎of public car parks nearby.‎

Overall we had a great stay and whilst not luxurious, this hotel was great for a short break and ideally ‎positioned to explore the best of Seville.‎

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had a room on the top floor with the terrace that allows you to sit outside and look directly at the cathedral. Amazing view both during the day and especially at night. Was particulalry handy to be able to sit outside while the others were inside taking a nap/sleeping. Wi-fi works well both inside and outside the room. Terrace is shared with the other room on the floor. Thankfully, both of the neighbors we had were extremely friendly.Location is great for walking to virtually anything in Seville very quickly. Location can be a little noisy at night due the street activity below.

Room itself is fairly standard with a smallish bathroom but the rooms are kept nicely.
Breakfast (6 euros/day) is a small selection with fresh squeezed orange juice, coffee/tea, meats/cheeses/bread. Coffee/tea is free all day.
Staff is excellent at answering all questions, providing recommendation, and just being all around friendly and useful.

Only slight negative is that this was the only hotel (of nine) we encountered in Europe on this trip that charged daily for the use of a baby crib.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pdxsteeler
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was staying at the Hotel Alminar as my first visit to Sevilla and it was great. The location is absolutely brilliant, just a corner away from the main square with the Cathedral and a short walk from most of the sights you'll want to see, e.g. the Cathedral, the Alcazar, the Plaza De Espana and all the various tapas bars.

I booked a Superior Double room, of which I believe there are 3 in the hotel. 2 are on the roof and have terraces, the third has three balconies. I received the latter room and must say that whilst the room was very well appointed (comfortable, great bed, really nice bathroom etc.), the balconies were rather a disappointment, seeing as they just face walls of other buildings on each side. Yes, you can see the tip of La Giralda (the cathedral tower), but it's hardly a view. And the balconies are more "doors that open" with an immediate fence rather than something you can sit out on.

However, the room was very comfortable and perfect for my needs.

The staff in the hotel were very nice and very helpful, offering advice on places to go, directions and generally making me feel very at home. Breakfast was a continental breakfast and was OK for the price, but there are also loads of places to eat around the hotel.

I'd definitely recommend staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: If you go for a Superior Double and want a terrace on the roof, you must specify.