“Nice, boutique hotel with incredible, helpful staff in heart of Seville!”
Review of Alminar Hotel

Alminar Hotel
Ranked #19 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights in Seville and we couldn't be happier with our choice to stay at Hotel Alminar! It was in a perfect location close to everything! The metro is near by also if you didn't want to walk. We walked everywhere! The most important thing was the customer service provided by Maria. She was friendly and gave us great suggestions for dinner, attractions to see and helped us with transportation. She spoke English and really made our trip so delightful. We would recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely stay here again when traveling to Seville.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the second floor ...
3  Thank Royallynne
There are newer reviews for Alminar Hotel

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is in a great location. Close to the cathedral and all amazing restaurants. You cant get any better. The hotel itself is a solid 3 star. Rooms are very ok. you can hear the AC making noise at night and the design very basic. One thing I didn't like is the fact that they say "room with balcony' in the description of all their rooms but only 2 rooms have access to the balcony. So make sure you say "you want the rooms on the 3rd floor with access to terrace".

Staff very helpful and kind. I would stay there again but will get the rooms on the 3rd floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor
1  Thank stars1983
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Parked at public underground car park 400 yds away. Easy walk there, do not attempt to drive to front door. Very helpfull staff with good suggestions for tapas, meals and Flamenco show. Excellent location, close to cathedral, Alczar. Modern rooms, clean, adequate, some have bath not shower, breakfast limited but cheap. Would stay again for it's location and helpful staff. Noise not a problem for us, room fronted onto street.

1  Thank Active_Traveller014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at Hotel Alminar during my stay in Seville for 7 nights in May solo and what an experience it was! The exceptional customer service started before I had even arrived, where I was in contact with the hotel manager who ensured that everyone was ok for my upcoming trip, and answered all of my questions.

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by wonderful, professional staff who offered advise on where to eat and where to go,I was provided with directions and a map and was greeted with a smile.

I unfortunately got sick with a really bad sore throat during my stay, and the staff as well as the manager, went out of their way to ensure I was ok; providing me with my requests to try out the old womans tales to try and get better. I really felt like I was well looked after and a part of the "family".

The hotel is located in an excellent location, with everything and the main attractions all within walking distance. I walked everywhere I needed to go! The cathedral is literally down the road, as well as the alcazar, the shopping is a 5-7 minute walk, Bari gothic is 5 minutes away ... everything is close!!!

The rooms are great, comfortable and always clean. I stayed in a single use room as I was travelling solo and it was more then enough. There is a safe and you get free wifi which is great when you are travelling :)

I was going on an early tour one morning and the hotel staff ensured that I had my breakfast ready for me at 5:30am to ensure I did not miss this ... the service is just exceptional and I would not hesitate in going back to Alminar nor recommending it to anyone ... It is a MUST stay! just fantastic :)

Thank you Alminar for a wonderful experience ... I am so glad that I listened to the reviews on Tripadviser and went with staying here. One of the best hotel experiences in the whole 7 week Europe trip I did.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Refika_m
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights in May at this lovely hotel. The staff were phenomenol. They were friendly, helpful and gave great advice re places to visit or eat, etc.
They also had a great sense of humour. They always made us feel that they had lots of time for us.
The hotel is clean clean clean. Our room was one floor up from the ground floor, facing the street. It had balcony doors with just a doorstep and railing outside that made it feel lovely in the room. You could let in nice light or open the doors. The street is a quiet one. There are no cars, only pedestrians. We weren't disturbed by any noise from outside.
The room was roomy! The bathroom was lovely and spacious (and clean!). The shower was great. It did leak at the head of the tub when having a shower, but once we knew that we simply put a small towel at that spot and it was fine. We had lots of cupboard space, a safe in the room, and a minibar. The temperature/AC control worked well.
The location was perfect. It was walking distance to the Cathedral (<5 mins), the Alcazar (just a few minutes further), and Barrio Santa Cruz (just a little further again). We also walked across the river to visit the market (Mercado de Triana) and Triana itself. There were lots of places to eat, have coffee or a drink within minutes walk from the hotel.
Breakfast was optional and had a good selection including fresh orange juice, fruit, yogurt, cheeses, meats, breads, sweets, and cereal. Coffee and tea were available at all times from an automated coffee machine and were good.
We would not hesitate a minute to return to this hotel if we are fortunate enough to return to Seville!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LibTrav99
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I decided to stay at this hotel as we had read many excellent reviews of it and we were very glad that we did. The manager and reception staff were extremely friendly, helpful and welcoming and spoke excellent English. It was their extensive knowledge of, and enthusiasm for the area that enhanced our stay in the historic part of the city. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, comfortable and very well equipped, fridge, safe, Wi-Fi etc. and the air con was a blessing after the heat of the day. The location is in a quiet street, ensuring peace and quiet at night, but only two minutes walk from a huge selection of restaurants, cafes, bars etc and a multitude of interesting and cultural attractions and sights such as the Cathedral, Royal Palace, Museums, beautiful gardens and parks and many, many more. We have no hesitation in giving Hotel Alminar top marks for everything and fully intend to stay there when we visit Seville again and have already recommended it to our friends. Well done and thank you, Francisco, manager and Maria on reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed in Seville during the spring fiesta 2014 – although in the 22 years I’ve been visiting Spain I ‎can’t remember there not being a fiesta of some sort no matter where I am or when I go!‎

I pride myself on booking hotels in good central locations and this has to be the best spot ever! Hotel ‎Alminar is in the heart of Seville, as soon as you step outside the hotel you can feel the party ‎atmosphere during fiesta time and it is great. ‎

The hotel staff are really friendly and helpful and although we didn’t have breakfast included in our ‎booking we were able to get tea, coffee and biscuits at anytime from the restaurant. While we were ‎there the coffee machine was broken and to make up for the inconvenience they supplied us with a ‎pot of coffee and fresh milk on a tray to take up to our room (there are no tea/coffee facilities in the ‎room). ‎

The room itself was quite small and dark and very basic, but we had an adjoining roof terrace on the ‎top floor which was really nice with restricted views of the cathedral. The size of the room didn’t ‎bother me, but my husband was not so impressed (high maintenance). The bathroom was well ‎decorated with a snazzy feature glass sink. Every time we had a shower the water overflowed from ‎the bath onto the floor, which was a bit of a nuisance and made it quite slippery. The mini bar was ‎reasonably priced (as all seem to be in Spain), but you have to fill out a form with your options to get it ‎filled up daily – which we kept forgetting to do, although I’m sure this wouldn’t have been a problem ‎had we asked after our room had been cleaned). There is no parking at the hotel, but there are plenty ‎of public car parks nearby.‎

Overall we had a great stay and whilst not luxurious, this hotel was great for a short break and ideally ‎positioned to explore the best of Seville.‎

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple