“brilliant service, unbeatable location”
Review of Alminar Hotel

Alminar Hotel
Ranked #20 of 178 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 22 February 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Alminar for a week in February 2009. The hotel is a stone's throw away from the cathedral and right in the heart of old Seville. The hotel itself is small but very comfortable, however the thing that sets it apart is the excellent service and the wonderful staff. I've stayed in many much more expensive hotels as a business traveller - but I thought the Alminar's staff went the extra mile in terms of their helpfulness and local knowledge. I would throughly recommend this hotel. The rooms are modern, a little small - but that is to be expected given the location of the hotel, the bathrooms are very well appointed - both rooms we stayed in had views of the cathedral.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank actionturnip

Reviewed 21 February 2009

Amazing hotel.

Hotel located in the very center of the city, about 50 meters away from the cathedral. Superb location.
Parking is located about 10 mnutes away from the hotel. It is not cheap, about 18 Euros per day.
Staff is wonderful - welcoming, polite and helpful.
Rooms are beautiful and very clean. Hotel is very quiet.
Didn't have breakfast here, but it seemed pretty good.

All in all, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Stay here!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter123452
Reviewed 14 January 2009

The hotel is on such a narrow street the taxis can't drive down
so depending on what side your dropped off on, it's no big deal. This hotel is located right where you want to be, even if you have Alfonso XIII Hotel money, this hotel is better located. Arriving at the hotel we were greeted by Bonnie, he was the most friendly, and helpful person. Our room was nice and clean, my only complaint is that this was the second hotel that our bathroom door wouldn't close. The bathroom doorway warped and the "glass door" wouldn't shut and my guess is that it's still not fix. I normally would of rated this hotel "above average" but Bonnie and the location were so great it bumped up my rating.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank BrickerHouston
Reviewed 12 January 2009

The Alminar is a true gem of a hotel. It is so well located, just steps away from the cathedral and many other sites. What makes the Alminar so special is the staff. Everyone we spoke with was friendly, resourceful, spoke English and gave wonderful guidance and recommendations. We want to give special recognition to Boni. He is genuinely interested in making sure the hotel guests are happy and enjoying their stay. The hotel is small, only 12 rooms. Not fancy, but immaculate and well tended. We stayed in the only triple. The breakfast is 6 Euros. Self service and plenty to eat. The convenience is worth it. There are also complementary beverages available throughout the day.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura F
Reviewed 8 January 2009

This was a fantastic hotel in Seville. We stayed in Room 31 which had a nice view of the Cathedral. The hotel is very centrally located and nothing that we wanted to do was more than a 15-20 minute walk. The front desk staff was wonderful. Every person we spoke with (there were 4 in all) had great recommendations for places to eat, were happy to provide directions, etc. etc. I really appreciated that they provided recommendations that weren't "touristy" and really gave us an "authentic" Seville experience. If you're going to Seville, I can't recommend the Hotel Alminar enough!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NDx3
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Hotel Alminar is a very charming small hotel, very very close (as in maybe a 100 yards walk down a pedestrian only street) to Seville's two main sites, the Cathedral and Alcazar. You can catch a taxi for about 5 Euros from the train station and then have a short walk to the hotel entrance. Breakfast was nice each morning (I think it was about 8 Euros extra), plus they have a great coffee and espresso machine and tea and cold water that is available in the kitchen area for free at any time of day or night. The room was very clean and a decent size, with a bathroom off a hallway and an excellent shower. Francisco at the front desk was one of the highlights of our two nights' stay at Hotel Alminar. He provided us with a map and some basic information about the city upon our arrival, including some restaurant recommendations. Even more, at breakfast and in the afternoons, he was very fun to talk with, and just a great ambassador for the city and the property. The location, friendliness and charm made this a perfect place for our stay in Sevilla. Our only disappointment was not being able to stay longer.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MidlifeRamblers
Reviewed 21 December 2008

I was studying abroad in Seville and my friend was coming to visit me. I needed to find him a hotel that was in close proximity to everything in el Centro in Seville and one where he got a good taste of Sevillano hospitality.

He loved it here! Francisco at the front desk is amazing and is there to help with anything - he was a great help to my friend because while I was in school during the day, my friend wanted to explore - Francisco knew what directions to point him in and gave him all the information he needed.

The hotel has such a great feel as it is pretty small and has beautiful views - the quality is amazing and you truly feel like there is only one place where you could possibly be when you are staying there - in Seville, Spain.

Stayed: April 2006