“Friendly staff in a lovely hotel”
Review of Espacio Azahar

Espacio Azahar
Ranked #62 of 176 Hotels in Seville
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff in a lovely hotel”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

First impressions were that the hotel was a little difficult to find, and it's down a narrowish street on the north side of the main sights in Seville. However, when we found the hotel, we were greeted very warmly by the host, who made us feel very welcome with a coffee and some excellent tips on sights to see and tapas bars to eat. These all turned out to be great recommendations (for reference, recommended tapas bars were Dos de Mayo, Casa Paco and Los Coloniales, all of which were frequented mainly by locals, and provided excellent dishes at excellent value).

The hotel itself reminded me of a Moroccan riad, with a central courtyard, and rooms on all floors surrounding the courtyard; and also an excellent roof terrace with enough shade to keep cool in the Seville sun.

The hotel offered breakfast for a reasonable price, but we decided to eat breakfast at one of many nearby bars/cafés, which was probably a bit cheaper overall.

It's probably a 20 minute walk to the cathedral and Alcazar, but after churros and chocolate for breakfast, a 20 minute walk is a great idea!

Excellent place to stay, highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Martyn F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Southampton
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were charmed from the moment we walked in through the front door. Firstly by the receptionist (Juan, I think), who practised his excellent English on us while pointing out Seville's best sights on the map, and printing us out a list of 'must-try' tapas. Then by the North African-inspired design and decor, and finally by our room.

We had a Junior Suite. It was huge, spotless, looked out over the hotel's central atrium and Seville's rooftops, and its furnishings included a hot tub and a palm tree. What more could you want?

I have only one regret about our stay here: we didn't make full use of the hotel's stunning rooftop terrace - scattered with sofas, lanterns and hanging chairs, on two levels, big enough for a party - Juan did say that if we wanted a Mojito up there we only had to ask, and I wish we had.

Seville is a giddy, seductive, bucket-list sort of place. I look forward to returning, and I know exactly where to stay when I do.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ajrduff
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I truly enjoyed my 3 night stay here in early October. The staff, particularly, David and Juan, were brilliant. Making my stay in Sevilla the highllight of Spain. David for letting me know of the best places to go. Especially the Bodega Dos de Mayo, only 2 minutes walk away. A must, if your in Sevilla. And Juan for helping me with tickets to see Sevilla FC play and finding a laundry service for me in an instant and at a great price. Pick up and delivered.
The hotel itself is spotless and inviting. The room, whilst small, was clean and tasteful. Breakfast was good, with most needs catered for. Although, it was not always stocked. Perhaps they could look at that. Rather than heading out the market and stocking on the run. The roof top terrace was delightful, especially on a warm evening.
My only two real criticism was the WiFi, which was totally unusable in my room. Needed to go down to the lobby area for it to be usable. And the other, was that I found the central atrium area was like a large echo chamber. Even the smallest whsiper downstairs, echoed up to my room like a roar. My room was off the main atrium, but people quietly chatting on the stairwell was crystal clear. And below my room, the evening staff, were partaking in thier supper, quietly. But, it was as clear as a bell into my room. .
I was bothered by this, perhaps particular to my rooms unusual placement? But other than these, I would certainly recommend Azahar. Its location was great, despite roadworks on the street, which meant a short walk from my taxi drop off. But that is not Azahar's problem, totally outside thier control. And the staff, certainly made up for any problems I encountered.

Room Tip: I would avoid room #01 in the rear atrium area. Like an echo chamber for myself. not 101 0r 201, it...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BrendanOC4
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The room was small and fairly dark as it is an inner type room. The staff were very helpful with maps, buses, places to eat etc. Breakfast was a basic affair but very nice. Location is ideal and walking distance to all the major attractions, overall recommeded

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Lisboa
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It's a small hotel in Sevilla center where we stayed for 3 nights. Room was small but just enough for the needs, however clean and tidy.
Major advantage is central location in Sevilla - one can walk to almost everywhere.
Reception people were very helpfull with good hints where to go or where to eat.

Room Tip: Check the bar and jacuzzi on rooftop.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have just stayed 2 nights at the Espacio Azahar during our trip to Seville and the (very clean) room was indeed a bit small, but as we were out most of the day it did not bother us. The hotel is located in a quiet neighbourhood with several restaurants around. Furthermore conveniently located within a few minutes walk you can find a taxi stand & several bus lines on Plaza del Duque de la Victoria.

We arrived late at the hotel (23.00 hours) but straight away during check-in we received a map, some advice where we still could eat something and tips what we should not miss during our stay in Seville.

Don't forget to visit the roof top terrace after a long day wandering around in Seville as it is a very nice place to relax and get some new energy before going out again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Varna, Bulgaria
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We booked this hotel for two nights and were satisfied in general with our stay. Good central location with just 20 min walk to all sightseeing sites and even Plaza de Espana can be reached in 30 min. Alternatively, the convenient tram line # 1 can be used especially on return. We received 2 adjacent rooms with a connecting door for three of us facing the street which was a great deal. Nice charming atmosphere in typical Andalusia style. Rooms were clean and quite spacious, however, shower and bathtub were a joke - for sure designed for small guys and children. Breakfast was included and sufficient in variety and quality, excellent coffee as well. Upon arrival nobody spoke English so some basic Spanish is recommended if you wish to achieve any communication with the staff. The lady at the reception was very friendly though and gave us useful tips regarding sightseeing, directions and local restaurants. Another one guy assisted us in finding the parking place which we booked in advance as well. On the second evening we went to the swimming and bar upstairs but we did not see any customers or bartender either and it was too dark by the way. Overall we were happy with our stay in the hotel and visit in the beautiful city of Seville.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family