Espacio Azahar
Ranked #84 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Have just returned from three night stay here with a friend on sightseeing visit to Seville.

Accommodation was spotless and staff very welcoming and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them (especially Juan!). It is a short 15-20 minute walk to the main areas of the Old Town. Small attractive and comfortable rooms and beds. Roof bar and jacussi (but not heated) really nice, had cocktails up there one night.

Really enjoyed staying here and would definately return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My friend and I stayed here about a year ago (sorry it took me so long to write a review). What a great place. Good location, quiet street, walking distance to almost everything. Awesome rooftop bar and jacuzzi. Room was amazing. But what made our stay (sadly, only one night) amazing was the attention we got from the staff (family-owned business). From the older lady (mom?) and the managers/bartenders, everybody was very friendly and helpful. For the price we paid, we expected much less. If I go back to Sevilla, I'll definitely stay there again (if the family still owns this place). Gracias por la atención!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed four nights in March 2014, had planned two nights but prolonged. A very kind and helpfyul family running the hotel, centrally located. Explaining to you where to find the best tapas, the best shoes or anything. And there is a roof terrace where Juan prepared a beautiful Margarita. On arrival Juan's mini lecture about tapas and restos and sights was a wonder of precision and quality. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a calm room, if that is what you want.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We only stayed there for two nights, but this hotel in the middle of the city is the ideal starting point to discover Sevilla. The hotel rooms are much more comfortable than you would expect for two stars. We were positively surprised! The absolute highlight is the terrace on the roof with jacuzzi and cocktail bar (very good mojito!). The service was oustanding. Very nice and helpful stuff who took the time to tell us about the most exciting and interesting places in Sevilla. Made our stay very pleasant and we would return there any time we get back to Sevilla.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Was on a short term stay here in early May. It was quick and easy to be reached from the bus station by tram, a lot of sightseeings are located in a walking distance. Small but pretty room. For a couple of nights stay the hotel is a reasonable choice. Liked the interior and the location most.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The location is in the center of Sevilla. We came by car and were informed by email about the parking facilities. There arenone and the streets are very small. We parked our car outside the center (for free). We had a small room in the rear area next to the elevator. We could barely sleep. The walls are very thin. If your neighbours are having a shower, it seems like they are using your bathroom. Some people were having fun in the room at 1.30 am and it seems like we were in the middle of an earthquake. So if you want to enjoy your rest you had better pick another place.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jeroen W
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I booked this hotel based on the excellent reviews. The fact that I was disappointed by the hotel was entirely my fault and I should have paid more attention to the two star rating. I have learned a lesson - I will avoid two star hotels. Let me start by saying that my husband and I have travelled extensively since we retired five years ago. We look for hotels with character usually with a three or four star rating. I mention this because I realize that one persons "great hotel" can be another person's "basic accommodation".

We arrived at the hotel on a rainy night. The taxi was not able to drop us outside because the road was up due to sewer repairs. My first impression of the hotel was "uh, uh, this wasn't quiet what I was expecting" but we had one of the warmest greetings of any hotel I have stayed at. The young man suggested restaurants and nearby sights. The room however, was so tiny there was barely room for the double bed and the bathroom was like a tiny closet. The room also looked out onto a small courtyard which meant you had to keep the drapes closed or people would see into the room. This left us with a very tiny dark room. If we had been staying just one night I might have settled for it, but we were there for three nights. I went downstairs to ask if there was another room and was told that this was the only room available. The young man immediately said that if we didn't like the room he wouldn't hold us to our 3 night booking and he even suggested another three star hotel around the corner. He also then remembered that he had a very large room on the top floor available for one night only and we stayed there at no additional charge for the one night.

Please do not be put off this hotel by my review.The location is great and the hotel is exceptionally clean but the furniture is shabby (old not antique) and there are no fluffy white duvets or towels in sight. It is after all a two star hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid courtyard facing rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple