“Good show but expensive”

Museo del Baile Flamenco
Ranked #3 of 44 Museums in Seville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Flamenco Dance Museum in Seville is the principal reference of the Andalusian cultural heritage, which makes understand and feel the union between culture and flamenco art, it is considered therefore as the temple of the Andalusian flamenco culture. The fusions the tradition of flamenco art with high technology and becomes the main entrance portal for the emotional understanding of this expression of Andalusian identity. A simple must for the cultural tourist.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The dancers were amazing, but the most part of the museum is not that interesting if you are not that interested in Flamenco. In my opinion it would be better to see just the flamenco show for a cheaper price.
By the way, do not seat in the front row when watching it. The dancer will splash sweat lool

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I must admit I was a bit sceptical about places like Museo del Baile Flamenco. The artist do 3 shows per night for a crowd of solely tourists (in our case a busload of Japanese tourists). Flamenco comes from the soul, 3 shows per night must be a routine.
Well, nothing like that. The 2 dansers, singer and gitarist played like there was no tomorrow. There was a good interaction with the crowd and you felt you were witness of a special moment. If you want to catch a Flamenco show in Sevilla, this is certainly a recommendable place.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

It took a little while to find the museum, but it was well worth the trouble. We booked for a visit of the museum as well as tickets for the show that evening, and wandered in to explore the collection. Videos, costumes, posters, and art work fill several floors, and being early in the morning, we had the place to ourselves so could sit and absorb everything at our own pace.

After viewing everything, I asked about classes, and was told there was nothing planned for the day. The wonderful girls at the front desk eventually arranged for one of the evening's performers to come in early and give me a private lesson. I don't speak Spanish and she doesn't speak English, but it was such an incredible experience for which I am so very grateful.

The evening show was beautiful, even though I was seated up the back after changing at the end of my lesson. I recommend getting in early and grabbing seats as close to the stage as possible!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The place was a bit hard to find, but definitely worth visiting. The show was awesome. The two dancers accompanied by a fine flamengo guitarist and a male singer worked together beautifully. We had perfect seats in the front row and the show just hold our complete attention. We visited the museum, too. It was nice, but I think that if you want to get most out of it, you have to be quite interested in flamengo. The best thing, however, was a dancing lesson taught by Victor Bravo. He is a brilliant dancing teacher and a dancer, too. We had never danced flamengo before the lesson and still Victor could help us to find the rhythms and get our hands and legs work together. I recommend his lessons if you have any interest iat all n learning something new.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

A must visit if in Sevilla. Excellent value if you take the museum and show package. The performers were awesome and kept my whole family enthralled for the entire performance. Also the drinks were reasonably priced and the cava excellent