“Clean and great position”

and 1 more site!
Pension Dona Trinidad
Ranked #95 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This pension is a tipical andaluz palace and the price is very low.
The room and the private bathroom are big and clean.
The owners are very friendly but the best thing is the position.
The pension is in a very small and quite street 4 minutes by walk from the Al cazar.
The way from the the pension to Alcazar is full of tapas bar and night life.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angio80

Reviewed 8 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at Dona Trinidad for two nights. It is the perfect base for exploring Seville as it is ideally located within easy walking distance of major sights. It is clean, air-conditioned and all that you need when you are spending most of your time exploring the city anyway. It is certainly not luxurious but for the price you would not expect it to be and I think it is still a bargain in Seville, where accommodation is notoriously expensive.
The only niggle is that you have to hand your key in every time you leave which makes it feel a bit like living with your parents and feeling badabout coming home too late. However, the managers seem very used to the system and don't mind what time you return. The street can also be a bit noisy but I think this is probably the case in many of the hotels in an area of mostly cobbled walkways.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2010

I called this hotel and made a booking for a single room, after making sure it indeed has the free WiFi.

It was a bit hard to find the location (in a narrow side street), but not a big deal.

To my disappointment I got a single room on the top floor, where the Wifi signal was too poor. I explained the guy that I had expected the connection in the room, but he insisted that he has no other single room available.

If that was a superb hotel - then they could have given me another room. They had a double room on the ground floor with good signal, but they were not even considering to offer it to me as an alternative.

Eventually I chose to cancel the deal and found a nearby Pension, on the main street. The room was smaller and the place was somewhat less impressive but it was almost half the price and the WiFi in the room was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank elodTlv
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Location was perfect. No extras but the price was right.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2009

The cleanliness of Pension Dona Trinidad shows that the owners have pride in their establishment. However, after cleaning they sometimes smoke in the central courtyard (that all the rooms open onto).

The location is wonderful, within walking distance of most of the big sites in town. In addition, the Pension also provides complimentary wifi access, just ask for the password.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2009

The hostal is in a quite safe neighborhood. We felt safe walking at night and the iron-gate security is pretty good. The location is very central – about 5-10 minutes walk to Barrio de Santa Cruz. It’s even closer to a good flamenco bar Casa de la Memoria.

You can’t beat the location since it’s very good for the price. However, when booking for a budget accommodation, expect to sacrifice some comfort and service.

The hosts weren’t the best. In our opinion, they were the least service-minded staff compared to other places we stayed in Spain. They made us feel our of place, or as if we were staying there for free. Language barrier was another thing. They spoke very little English and didn’t seem to make any effort to. Our English wasn't good either, but at least we tried.

It could get noisy at any time of the day.

The bathroom floor could be quite slippery, so be careful.

What I’m about to mention is not the Hostal’s fault (to be fair), but I’d like to share it in case anyone decides to stay there. Avoid Room 6. We stayed there. It had a small balcony facing c/ Archeros (sounds nice, right?) but we didn’t get to use because they guy in the opposite building was literally naked the whole time. What an unpleasant view! For the entire stay, we had to keep our curtains closed, so the room was kind of dark and depressing.

If I ever come back to Seville again, I would only stay here for the budget-friendly location.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank mllenoy
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Location of the hotel was great, the room was on the small side, but very clean and the courtyard was sweet. We had free wifi which was terrific to be able to keep in touch with family back home. It was not a luxury hotel, but it was certainly more than adequate.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple