“Decent stay”

Ranked #73 of 176 Hotels in Seville
Yonkers, New York
“Decent stay”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I stayed 4 nights. The hotel itself is charming and decor is nice. The room was small but spacious enough for 2 people. I loved the window doors. It did get noisy at night and we knew the "party" was over when we heard the street sweepers which was about 3am. I'm from NYC so noise pollution really doesn't bother me but my wife was disturbed so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I really didn't like the shower and water kept getting all over the floor. There was also a leak from the ceiling assuming from the bathroom upstairs. Also you can hear when people walk around upstaris and we were fortunate to have a flamenco dancer staying above us, atleast thats what it sound like at times but again noise don't bother me. The staff were helpful not overly helpful but helpful. You really have to ask for the wifi password and receptionist seemed relunctant I have no idea what that was about. the hotel is a good location and I recommend the hop on hop off tour as it helps you get familiar with the area as the stop is right next to the hotel, also theres a taxi que as well close by. All attractions were within a 20 min. walk which I think is good. The restaurant dinner was really good. Breakfast was decent but a bit over priced I think but I still ate there everyday as it was convenient. Overall I liked this hotel. Seville is beautiful but if I return again I might choose another hotel. I had a good stay but I wasn't wowed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in late October.

Pros:
-The quality of the lunches and dinners. Among the best offerings I have had in all of Europe during my years of travel there. Innovative, delicious and well-presented.
- My room (309) was very pretty (a mural headboard!), clean and well-maintained. The bathroom was a delight with its full-power shower.
- The reception staff are particularly friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons:
- The hotel's location means about a 20- to 25-minute walk into the city centre.
- As with most 3- to 4-star hotels in Spain, the beds and pillows are hard.
- The quality of breakfast is overpriced at 10 euros. It's nothing special. The bars around the Alameda de Hercules offer better for far less.

I would, however, stay at this hotel again, as the pros far outweigh the cons for me.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I always start off reading the poor reviews before booking a place..and here they all seem to be about noise and size of rooms. So, on booking I asked for a room that did not look out over the square..and we ended up in a small room just along from reception which had a small window opening into a void. The room wasn't big...but it had a large comfortable bed, a bathroom with a great shower and a cupboard to store clothes in....what more do you want?

We arrived on a Saturday and after a walk into the city centre returned to the square to watch the football (Barca against Real Madrid) and have a drink and eat. Later there was a promise of Flamenco in the hotel bar..but we were shattered after a very early start from the UK and when nothing had happened by 11.30 we decided to retire to bed.

I did wake a couple of times during the night and could hear noise outside so I am glad we chose an internal room and I would imagine in the heat of the summer when windows are open the noise would be unbearable, but

The location of the hotel was great for us. It was only a 10 to 15 min walk to the main tourist attractions but far enough away to have decent tapas bars etc that did not charge silly prices. The one next door to the hotel is great with a wide range of tapas...the chicken with mushrooms in sauce was the best I had all week!

Across the square there is a wonderful ice cream shop..took a bit of finding but well worth it.

And I have to say the staff were always very helpful, especially when we had a little problem with a booking for later in the week in Malaga...thanks guys for all you did.

Room Tip: It's a busy noisy square outside...don't complain if you want a room with a view and get wok...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is charming - our room was delightful with exposed beams and pleasing colours. The central atrium is charming with the gentle trickle of water from the fountain in the centre. Some people say the rooms are small but we found it perfect for our three day stay. The Hercules Almeda is a great buzzy location at night, and it's only a fascinating 15 minute walk to the main sites. Staff friendly and very helpful - pointed out an amazing tapas bar nearby which we ate in twice We would highly recommend.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This very charming hotel is a bit out of the touristy area, but still within walking distance to all the big attractions in town. It was quite affordable and located on an alameda bustling with bars, restaurants and locals. The Spanish stay up late, so be aware that noise may be a factor when choosing your room!

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, get a room that is not street facing. I was on the little side street and in...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The Alameda area is a little away from the Centre but we walked to all attractions without any problem. We liked the more edgier feel of the Alameda - there are many bars and restaurants of all sorts on the doorstep. There's also small supermarket and bakery nearby. It also seemed a bit cheaper than Centre generally. I think the main square (rectangle??) of the alameda is due a makeover but we felt totally safe and loved the mix of families/ teenagers/ mature people and some interesting "characters" that frequent the Alameda.
The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly but also professional. Checking in and out was smooth and uncomplicated. They recommended places to eat outside the hotel which were all good. Our room was fine...quiet, very clean, comfortable beds, lovely bathroom. It had fridge and safe. It was not a large room but absolutely fine for a city hotel. A little more storage/drawer space would have made it perfect.
The Hotel coffee room (complimentary coffee 12noon to 6am) also has computer available. We wanted to check restaurant reviews etc BUT banned ourselves from checking work stuff!! We would return to the Sacristia without hesitation.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The pros: perfect location- Alameda Hercules has a lot of restaurants and you can walk to all the major sites as well as jump on the red double decker tourist bus almost directly in front of the hotel. The interior court is beautiful. The receptionists were all helpful.

The cons: The room is small (by U.S. standards). Also, bring your own blow dryer, shampoo, lotion, etc... Our window faced the street and if we craned our necks, we could see the Alameda Hercules. It was very noisy in the mornings so we woke up earlier than we wanted to. The shutters on the windows are like black out curtains, but it couldn't block out the noise.

Go to Paco's next door for the best tapas we had in Seville!

2 Thank Tressa W
Sacristia, Director de Recepción at Sacristia de Santa Ana, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Madam,

We are happy to know you enjoyed our location, and thaks in the name of the staff, we always try to be helpfull.
Sorry for the street noise, next time we will offer you an interior room, as beautifull as exterior ones.

Hope to see you on you next visit to our city.

Regards,