Corral del Rey
Casa Numero 7(Seville)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsthe penthouseboutique hoteldouble showerold townplunge poolhonor barcontinental breakfasthonesty barthe main hotelsmall roof terracewonderful small hotelflamenco museumolive oilsister hotelrooms are beautifuldel reytapas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2010

If your trip to Spain includes a visit to Seville, then you must stay here. This place is spotlessly clean, hip, modern, has all the comforts and more. It's hoy enough for my wife and the staff really makes a mutt like me feel at home. Like i said, if you can get a reservation, stay here.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cranberryboy
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Came with a friend for a sunny long weekend in November and had an incredible time exploring sevilla and coming back here to relax. The hotel is in a quiet street in the jewish quarter, just dos pasos from the old town. White-washed arches, thick ancient doors..all the lovely original features you could want from a period townhouse but with some modern elements thrown in. Lots of very cool contemporary art and an asian-themed bar downstairs. Loved the rooftop breakfast in sunny November, was almost tempted to plunge into the mini pool.
Best of all the restaurant and bar recommendations we got from reception were spot on, not a tourist in site. couldn't have been more perfect.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2009

The last time I visited Seville was for the Expo in the 90s, when my main interest was to get a stamp in my Expo passport… Since being an adult I have always wanted to go back, and explore the real Seville, but for one reason or another I never had until last weekend. What a place; a vibrant city filled with history, stunning architecture, fantastic food and hidden gems around every narrow Andalucian corner. Corral del Rey was definitely one of those gems. Positioned right in the heart of historic centre you are a minute’s walk to the main sites including the Cathedral, Alcazar, Giralda Tower and not to mention hundreds of lovely tapas venues and traditional bars. Despite being in the middle of all the hustle and bustle Coral del Rey is down a secluded alley, enabling you to escape for some peace and quiet, accompanied with a delicious coffee on their roof top terrace, overlooking the domes and minarets of the city.

The staff were fantastic and their recommendations without fault. We sampled both the modern and traditional cuisine on offer and visited the Carboneria (impossible to find without direction) to watch some passionate flamenco.

After each exhausting action packed day it was wonderful to return to our luxurious room, slip into Egyptian cotton sheets and rest our weary heads on the fluffy pillows at Corral del Rey.

My trip was incredible and Corral del Rey was definitely one of the highlights, I only wish it had not taken me so long to discover this fantastic place and marvellous hotel, I certainly won’t wait 17 years for my next visit there!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2009

This is a B&B rather than a hotel. It is up to 4 star standard and very centrally located for touristy things. However it is impossible to find (there is not even a sign on the door) in a maze of tiny streets. Do not attempt to drive here! There is a car park 2kms from the hotel and you must trundle your bags along the cobblestones. As in many (but by no means all) Spanish hotels service is not a consideration.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fluffytowels
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This boutique hotel in the centre of Seville is a hidden gem. To finish off a week in Spain myself and my girlfriend decided to take in some of the culture and beautiful architecture of Seville. We were advised by a friend to say at Corral and I am so glad we did. Firstly to the rooms, very roomy with all the mod cons you can imagine, but what sets it apart is the elegance and class of how each room is decorated. It gives a uniqeness to the place that will be etched in my mind for some time.

Breakfast on the terrace is the only way to start the day and after a hard day of sight-seeing a dip in the plung pool, with the lovely Carmen on hand to give you a long G&T without you having to ask, is a great way to end it. The staff are very helpful, indeed when booking they advised against car hire for the few days while in Seville. Thank God we listened as I would not have liked to manouvre between the small cobbled streets while getting from A to B. Take their advice!

The service was fantastic with the girls always on hand to take care of your every need. We have a wedding in Seville in a months time and have already booked to stay again. Would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a touch of class!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple