Hotel Da Vinci
US$83
US$369
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms overlookingperfect locationcomfortable bedsroof terracefree wificathedrallobbycity
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This hostal is a pretty good deal. Very good cost for a fairly clean room with Ar Conditioning, tv and bathroom. The rooms are simple, but what can you as for for less then 50 bucks a night? The location is simply amazing. Just can't get better than this. You set foot outside the door and you are already where you wanna be, right in front of the Cathedral, where everyone comes in the evening for a stroll. The staff is not very good, thou. I had the impression that nobody really cares about the guests. Also, I had booked for 2 nights and one day later I tryed to cancel the second night. But they said my reservation was not refundable and that was that. I had to pay for 2 nights, and I stayed in the hotel for less than 15 hours. Obviously they booked somebody else for the next night, because it was summer so they probably made a very easy extra 44 Euros.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I looked at the other reviews before I started to write this, and see what people have said about the rooms at the back opening out onto a dirty service shaft. We got a room at the front and the view of the Cathedral was wonderful but as we like to sleep with windows open we did get a lot of noise and also light coming into the room. The room was tiny but clean and comfortable and the location was wonderful. There didn't seem to be a lot of other accommodation options in the area

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Clean and great place to spend a few days. Lovely breakfast. Fresh orange juice!!
Rooms are big enough. I would go back there for sure.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We made the mistake of taking a good deal over a decent place to stay and I honestly would not stay here again. On the upside - Hotel Da Vinci is truely in an excellent location - right at the Cathederal. It is extremely central and convenient - it was also clean to an accceptable standard. Back to the downsides - not particularly customer service oriented, the interior is generally very run down, the air con is minimal. Our room was very, very DREARY. We had no window - there was one but it opened out into the centre of the building - a narrow space that contained all the vents and was basically a pidgeon roost so covered in and stinking of pidgeon waste - quite the sight after you fling open the curtains! This is not a window that you want to keep open or look out - so the room felt very, very dark and claustrophic. I honestly couldn't wait to get away from the place. Its a great deal but its just not very nice - I guess its all about what you're willing to put up with.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OnTheRoad34
Reviewed 8 May 2010

superb location right opposite Catedral - not exactly a budget travellers option, but well worth it for the great location, clean room, good shower and comfy bed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends