“Charming, friendly... and wonderfully located”

El Rey Moro Hotel Boutique Sevilla
Ranked #8 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed 16 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a week on our honeymoon in March 2010 and loved it.

In terms of location, this is a fantastic spot. Right in the middle of the amazingly charming Barrio de Santa Cruz. Couldn't possibly be a better spot... although after you've had a couple of glasses of sherry you might need some help finding your way back through the winding streets! (although this could be said about anywhere in this part of Seville).

The staff here are very friendly and we found it sad to say goodbye after our week's stay!

The rooms we had was on the small side, but not overly so and I'd describe it as comfortable and appropriate for what we needed.

I would highly recommend for someone looking for a friendly, comfortable, well priced and extremely well placed hotel in Seville.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sina_Sydney
Write a ReviewReviews (1,741)

Reviewed 16 July 2010

I am a jaded traveler who has wandered the world. In Sevilla, one of my favorite cities, I stumbled upon the Rey Moro Hotel Boutique in the charming, historic Barrio de Sta. Cruz.
What a find! I ended up basing here for more than a month.

The entire friendly staff of this place was wonderful and attentive. The service was excellent throughout my stay. The amenities that you need and desire are all available. Those who work here reflect the caring owners. The rooms are tastefully appointed and spotelessly-clean. The patio is classically Andalusian in design. The restaurant is beautiful. As for the food, among the delicious choices are dishes that are Sevillian home-cooking at ts best.

Would I stay here again? I could easly move in. I felt that at home. I already miss the place, something rare in one who travels as much as I do. Go there. It is more than a hotel. You will be in of a warm, caring environment for your entire stay. Be seduced by Sevilla in the Rey Moro.

I GIVE EL REY MORO MY HIGHEST RATING

John Maone

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank zhaba
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I have stayed at the El Rey twice and tried to stay a third time. My non visit this past week prompted me to write this review.

We have stayed here principally because the hotel is clean, near a parking garage that we were familiar with, and proximate to tapas bars that we like. Things are ok - nothing particularly special, nothing particularly bad. It's not charming, but could be.

From my standpoint, the service has always been unattentive. Maybe you would get a greeting on the way in or out if you initiated. Again, nothing particularly special and certainly not awful.

When we walked in last week, the receptionist told us that the hotel was full for the night. Fair enough. We asked him if we could use the free wireless internet to look for another hotel. He said no, that the internet was only for guests of the hotel. When pressed, he stuck with the no. I suppose he did not know and certainly didn't seem to care that we had stayed before and were trying to stay again.

So after my two ok visits, plus my poor non visit, El Ray Moro is off my Sevilla list.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank expatinportugal
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in May 2010. The guys in reception were very helpful on check in. The room was very comfortable with a very well appointed and what looked like a recently renovated bathroom. But I would have to say that the bed was what sold us....I do not think I have slept in a better hotel bed. The complimentary small breakfast (serve yourself) in the courtyard was a nice touch. The hotel is very centrally located to tourist spots and lots of good restaurants. I would definently stay here again

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John-Sharon-EXOTIQ
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My husband and I spent two nights at this charming, small hotel in mid May 2010. It is well located in the heart of Seville’s old Jewish Quarter within easy walking of all the major sights. It is built around two interior courtyards in an older, recently renovated building and has nice features such as new, up to date bathrooms. The décor of the rooms is very pretty and different for each.

We booked into the Junior Suite in order to have a larger room and were not disappointed. It is the lovely green room pictured on the hotel’s website. The only drawback is that it is located over the hotel’s restaurant kitchen and was quite noisy until the wee hours of the morning. In the future we would probably book a room overlooking the interior courtyard above reception and trade room size for quiet. Breakfast is not available at the hotel, but a voucher can be purchased at the front desk to dine at the fulsome breakfast buffet in the Hotel Murillo across the street.

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful with their sightseeing etc. recommendations. Seville was alive with locals dressed to the nines to celebrate the many weddings and christenings occurring that weekend. The Alcazar is really special, be sure to rent the audio guide and be there when it opens to avoid the crowds. The hotel suggested that we attend a flamenco show at Los Gallos, a nearby small theater, which was superb. The seating there is first come, first served, so arrive early to nab a good seat . If all the desirable seats appear to be taken, try the upstairs balcony which has a great view of the stage.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EWLTexas
Reviewed 24 June 2010

It took me some time to find my hotel as the streets are like a maze in that part of the city but once I did, I was very pleased. They allowed me to access my room early and were very helpful. The hotel is laid out around a courtyard in an old part of town. It was very nice. My room was clean but very small. The only drawback and this isn't their fault is the noise from the Cathedral bells which were very loud, especially as I was on the top floor. I had not realized my hotel was so close to the cathedral nor that the bells were so loud and so frequent.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The price was very reasonable consedidering it was a holiday and rooms were hard to come by. We loved staying here because it was clean, spacious etc. I give this hotel a strong reccomendation, and I retourn to Siviglia, Iwill definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple