“Good tapas at reasonable price”
Review of La Republicana

La Republicana
Ranked #53 of 1,523 Restaurants in Zaragoza
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: Spanish, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Casco Antiguo
Description: Spanish bistro located in the old city center. Here you can enjoy tapas and homemade dishes, cooked with natural ingredients from our own orchard. Daily menu is available on working days.
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I went there two years ago and really liked it, and I have to say it hasn't changed: the tapas are still good (not great but good and tasty), the price is still affordable, the decor and atmosphere is still nice, it's still crowded....and the waitress still looks and behaves like it's the worst day of her life! The waiter at the at is more friendly even though he forgets things every now and then.
The only negative point I'd give about the tapas is that I felt very heavy afterwards, but it might as well be a bad combination from my side.
So in a nutshell I recommend you to give it a try!

Larepublicana, Gerente at La Republicana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear customer:

Thanks for your visits to our humble "Casa de comidas", and thank you for sharing your opinion. It is a pleasure for us knowing that you enjoyed the food, and that you came back on your second visit to the city. You can come back whenever you want!
You can also follow us in other social networks to keep updated about our latest news.

Salud!
La Republicana.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Stumbled in there having had no luck with the Tragantua which was being refurbished. Very busy place, I was the only non-Spaniard here. Menu in Spanish so had to use my phone a lot! Tip - the wifi key is the restaurant phone number which is on the napkins. Decor is very busy but cool in a traditional kind of way. I had 4 different types of tapas, all very good and definitely better than some places I've been to in Spain. Good choice.

Dear Gary:

Thanks for your visit and your comment! It's good to read that you liked our tapas. We cook our dishes with natural ingredients grown in our organic orchard. You can see it in our pictures posted in other social networks. We would love to see you again soon, next time maybe you could enjoy one of our homemade desserts.

¡Salud!
La Republicana.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Having not read any reviews about this place or had any recommendations from our hotel, we were delighted to stumble upon it whilst exploring the city. We ate there three times and enjoyed all of our visits. I don't know whether the decor is supposed to represent 1940s/50s Spain but it is certainly evocative of that era and creates a great atmosphere. The restaurant was very busy each time we visited but our friendly waitress remembered us from our 1st visit and made sure we were given a table. Whilst waiting you can have a drink at the bar with complimentary paella tapas.

At lunchtime a very competitvely priced set menu offers a good range of dishes. We ate mixed tapas, fish, paella and migas and enjoyed them all. Service was consistently very good

If visiting Zaragoza make sure you go.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We wondered out of the hotel at around 10pm with our two starving children and stumbled into this place.

Loved it! Service was good and so were the tapas. Reasonably priced and great atmosphere. The decor is very eclectic and unique.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We went there with a group of five. First visit to this type of restaurant. I was expecting my food to be hot, not barely warm. Maybe tapas are supposed to be served room temperature? Didn't enjoy flavor of most of them either.