“Good”
Review of Melia Zaragoza

Melia Zaragoza
Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Zaragoza
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Room was big but the ameneties were lacking. Gym was small and room service wasn't available until the afternoon! Hotel has no pool but all guests are given free tickets to the Helios Waterpark. Location was good as most of the things to see in Zaragoza are nearby

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
María RO R, Guest Experience at Melia Zaragoza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Mr. Jerome I,

On behalf the entire team we would like to thank you for reporting your impressions and feelings regarding your last stay at Meliá Zaragoza.

Your comments will help us with our continuing effort to improve the service quality. As you know it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our customers, that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for.

We hope you visit us again and of course we will be very pleased to welcome you.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

How on earth are Melia Zaragoza claiming five star?
-The hotel is extremely tired and it looks like they are holding off spending money before they sell the property
-Our bed was pretty much a fold out bed and was incredibly uncomfortable,
-The gym equipment is from the 90's
-The bar wasnt open except for one night i was there
-The staff really don't want to interact, im not talking about language barriers here, they will literally walk away from you when you approach
-The breakfast was incredibly minimal, my partner got bad stomach cramps after treating herself to some of their meats.

But the worst thing that happened to me on this stay what when my booking said my breakfast was included, the Melia staff insisted I must pay even after I showed him my booking confirmation with complimentary breakfast in it. I then asked for a manager (there was none) next minute I was on the phone to the Melia headquarters (Carlos) with them telling me I hadnt paid for it either, I was told I must pay immediately so I did as I had to get a train. Extreme lack of compassion I am still absolutely furious. I have worked in hospitality for Langham and orient express hotels for years, and the Melia team from top to bottom need to grasp what five star hospitality actually is, because I've had better service at youth hostels when I was 18

When you are at the end of your holiday and you are charged 130€ for 4 days breakfast you may be left in a very awkward financial situation too, and its a real shame that your two team members were unable to recognise that their mistakes could have made some serious problems on my return home.

Im back home now and i received my refund about three weeks later. Dont stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adh1991
María RO R, Guest Experience at Melia Zaragoza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Adh1991,

We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with all our services.

Do not doubt that we take very seriously all the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests and we work day by day in order to keep improving our hotel and service.

We truly hope that you come back and give us another opportunity to reach your expectations.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Melia 1o days ago. Unfortunately, they did not have our reservation. Although it was a Sunday, the front desk clerk, Almudena, went out of her way to help us with our reservation. She even made calls for us many times to help us figure out what the problem was. The other front desk man, Jose Antonio, supplied us with chilled water and chocolates as he realized our stress. The room was beautiful and comfortable! We definitely would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
María RO R, Guest Experience at Melia Zaragoza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear thillest,

Thank you for reporting us your experience after your last stay at Melia! It is a real honor to know that you enjoyed it.

We are hugely pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided and were impressed by our Team. Their passion to deliver above and beyond and to exceed our guest expectations every day is the reason why we are proud of our profession.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I just stayed 4 days in Zaragoza at the Melia, location is excellent, you may walk into downtown easily. Staff was Very Helpful, always there to talk help you, very nice! Rooms are big, old style, but nice. Breakfast buffete is a must, great price and food was delicious, zaragoza is a great city to walk around and you'll enjoy it staying at the Melia!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
María RO R, Guest Experience at Melia Zaragoza, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Aldo P,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your positive feedback about some points of our Hotel and our staff.

It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and it is a pleasure for us to know that you were delighted with the hotel facilities and our staff.

We are constantly working on providing our very best services for our guests, and we are glad to see that our attempts are appreciated.

We look forward to receive your visit soon and we remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Although the Melia in Zaragoza is large, the service is good in most instances. The rooms are comfortable and quiet except for doors slamming at night, but that can't be helped. The complementary breakfast has an amazing variety of food, including 'American breakfasts' cooked to order. The hotel staff tends to ignore older women traveling solo (like me), so you have to speak up at the desk to get attention. But overall, the rooms and breakfast make up for that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Thank Carol May House... P
María RO R, Guest Experience at Melia Zaragoza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Mrs. Carol May House... P

We hugely appreciate your kind and sincere words because for us your feedback is very important.

I remain at your complete disposal and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here towards the end of a road trip of Northern Spain. Needed another day here really to see more. We were celebrating a wedding anniversary and they were kind enough to upgrade us. We had a really enjoyable room, probably a junior suite, that was spacious and very nicely appointed, had a separate sitting area and a huge bathroom. Bed was comfortable and the room and the bathroom was spotlessly clean!! Staff were very helpful and friendly. Location is just a short walk from the main tourist sites and is easy to find with nearby parking that is easily accessible. When we return we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
María RO R, Guest Experience at Melia Zaragoza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear stephencanmore,

Thank you for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments; we believe it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive for.

It is a pleasure for us to know that our customers feel comfortable and glad with our facilities and services because this is the main goal of our Hotel and our Company, Meliá Hotels International, and we all thank you for appreciate the hard work that all our team do every day.

We will be glad to welcome you in a future and make your visit unforgettable.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have just ended a 2 day business trip to Zaragoza and chose the Meliã Zaragoza as I wanted to be near the Pilar and able to walk around and explore the down in the evenings. Reception was very efficient, very friendly, and my room was immaculate. The hotel has very nice "old world" or spanish charm if you will. Lots of detailed (but not over the top) ornamentation, very clean, etc. The pics you will see do it justice. The location cannot be beat either! Just a 5-10 minute stroll and you're at the Pilar and very close to the main epicenter of the nightlife and phenomenal tapas! The town is much larger than it feels. Taxis are very efficient, very nice, and shockingly cheap as I had to be outside of city center for work (7-8 Euro each way, about a 10-15 min drive).

For business travelers, Wifi is free and quite fast. The breakfast buffet was, in my opinion, well worth it. Very nice and fresh selection of cured meats, cheese, sausage, eggs, fruit, bread, pastries, and cereal. Nothing "special" mind you (traditional breakfast fare), but well presented and fresh. Attendants were very responsive and took great care. All in all, I have nothing but outstanding things to say and - should I return to Zaragoza - I will without a doubt be staying right here again.

My only 'negative' is I found the mattresses quite firm. They were by no means uncomfortable, just firmer than my preference. My husband would have said they were perfect (just for perspective). Pillows were plentiful and supportive, which matters the most to me!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
María RO R, Guest Experience at Melia Zaragoza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear PegasusDVM,

What a big pleasure to read your nice comment referring your last stay with us. Thank you so much for it and for sharing it with another Tripadvisor’s users.

I would like to thank you for such a completely and inspirited review regarding your stay in our Hotel. We hugely appreciate your kind and sincere words.

The entire staff is looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future!.