“Exclusive Spanish!!”

Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Zaragoza
Brussels, Belgium
“Exclusive Spanish!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

On the way from Barcelona to Madrid …. Here comes Zaragoza. No matter how much I denied to the craving of staying at this beautiful city, I did actually stay. At first I wanted to choose some old fashioned hotel, but then I decided to stay at Palafox, as situated in city centre, came across my way, a mixture of new and old and many more add-ons. Check in was easy, and then even they parked my car! Room was ok, not very splendid but clean and beautiful, I hated completely that cubical, which they used to call ‘Bathroom’. It could have been a bit spacious. Although breakfast buffet was exclusive, I enjoyed a variety of Spanish snacks and dishes. Apart from superb food, the big LCD was another USP, along with the hotel being Wi-Fied, connection was pathetic though. The staff suggested me to go and check the tapas bars in the city, and once you are up for it, you can find a series of these. Back at hotel dinner was again rich an I would rate this one night, mid way experience as an unforgettable one. If you are planning to go to Spain, just don’t miss on Zaragoza and Palafox there is decent choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Rudy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed here for two weeks and every thing was fine. The parking was great. The Internet service had lots of problems. The wireless was always dropping off and not connecting to the Internet. I do a lot of work from the hotel and I would not be able to stay there any more if I couldn't get it working. Finally they gave me a 24 hour wireless card for a wireless company in the area. And finally the gave me my own dsl router in my room which worked great. It took some talking but they finally took care of me. I would stay there again. The room was very nice, roomy, and had everything I needed. The shower was in a bath tub with a very small door so the floor would get wet during a shower. No matter how much I tried not to let the water get out.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cliff T
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

Business trips usually land me in bog standard hotels belonging to standard hotel chains. I don't mean to say that those hotels are bad, but a little more character would be welcome. And that's exactly what the Palafox offers, starting with the warm welcome at the front door. I turned over the car keys to the reception (yes, they park it for you!) and headed for the 5th floor. My standard room was quite spacious and was fitted with a comfortable albeit rather soft bed. The clean bathroom made up for the slightly dated decoration and furniture. Free wi-fi and a large size flat screen TV were a bonus. My daily stop at the breakfast buffet revealed a good variety of quality food. The city centre with a wide choice of excellent tapas bars is within easy reach, 5-10 minutes on foot.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Luc1961
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

Can I just start by saying I love this hotel! It was one fo the best hotel experiences that I've had- beautiful, well decorated and incredibly comfortable rooms. For those Mad Men fans, I felt like I was staying at a high end hotel on the show- the hotel is the perfect blend of old and new. My husband and I stumbled upon Zaragoza because like everyone else who goes there, we were driving from Barcelona to Madrid. We were so happy we stayed there, even for one night. The city is beautiful, and we had some of the best food during our trip through Spain in Zaragoza. The reception at the Palafax recommended an area where there are no cars, but street after street of tapas bars. It was a blast and I would highly recommend checking out this city. One of the best parts is unlike a lot of other cities in Spain, there are very few tourists there so the city offers an authetic Spanish experience.

One other nice thing about the Palofax is they have a great roof deck pool- it's beautiful and relaxing.

Go to Zaragoza and go to the Palafax, you will not regret it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynd113
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

This is one of those hotels whose marketing and website fail to do it justice.

Zaragoza is a great city to visit with many attractions and but very few tourists and it seemed to us even fewer well known branded hotels.

From arrival over two nights this hotel continued to exceed expectations. Free wi fi , great buffet breakfast and a perfect location near Plaza Espana.

Whilst the rooms are old style, they are both charming and spotless.

Service was faultless throughout.

Parking was very convenient in the basement albeit too expensive.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lynden K
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stopped off on our way between Madrid and Bilbao which happened to coincide with the major festival which is held in Zaragoza each year (Pilar) which meant that the town was quite busy, but lively and very friendly. The hotel is conveniently located for the town centre and the cathedral (about 5-10 mins walk) The room which we had was large and quiet with a cool ambilight TV. In general the hotel felt like it had been modernised to a certain extent and the communal areas were nice, but the rooms themselves felt a bit dated. The only gripe which I had was the price of the parking - which at €25 a day seems a bit excessive, but there wasn't really any other option for us.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed there for a few nights in February as it was the hotel selected for the speakers at a Scientific Conference. Rooms were lovely, location was great however the fact that there was no wi-fi internet connection let it down. You had to borrow the cable from reception to get internet and they only had a few so there were no ne available. Other than that it was a good pick. Had previously stayed at the Silken which, in my opinion was better value and much nicer.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business