“Kind and helpful staff/service -car parking- and nice quiet room”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sauce

Hotel Sauce
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Zaragoza
“Kind and helpful staff/service -car parking- and nice quiet room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

On the day which we had reserved, it was difficult getting into Zaragoza and to the Hotel Sauce. Ongoing construction meant that the main access into the Hotel's street (Espoz y Mina) was blocked. So we went to the Turismo office for help (which took some time and routing), and Turismo called Hotel Sauce for directions -- which worked.

One of the reception team took us to the garage across the way for car parking. Navigation into the spaces takes a bit of care (tight spaces) - but the young woman from reception was helpful and patient. Likewise, very helpful staff at reception in getting us to the room-type requested: upper floor, quiet location. Nice room, with an entry way, and a perfectly adequate bathroom -- and quiet. (No A/C - however- so we left open windows into the open court-yard.)

It was raining that evening, making it difficult to search for a restauarant, and the staff at reception helped us identify some restaurants for dinner.

Breakfast at the hotel was optional/extra - and I am glad we chose it -- because the selections were nice, the fruit juice was excellent, sweet buns were tasty -- and, this is the only place in Spain that, upon request, provided a liter of mineral water for breakfast ! *And* very good tea (as well as coffee, of course). Plus: the hours of breakfast service provide lee-way until 11:30 am (or so) -- much appreciated.

Hotel Sauce is a friendly and helpful place in Zaragoza !

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

We stayed here for 3 separate periods while we toured Spain and France, visiting my daughter who lived in Zaragoza. The owner went out of his way to make us welcome, helping personally with luggage and parking (which is almost across the street); the staff helped with advice on tapas restaurants and shops. The location is *perfect*, within walking distance of the Cathedrals and great shops. Full breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice and awesome cream puffs. Not all rooms are air-conditioned so you have to ask in advance. They provided extra pillows upon request (memory foam). We had a great time and felt we were among friends.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
hotelsauce, owner at Hotel Sauce, responded to this review, 26 June 2009
Dear Guests from Georgia:
Thank you so much for your comments. Wow, we love the headlines of the article: we are soo happy you felt like being at home!! All our staff is very grateful for you kind words and Luis, the owner that gave you a hand with the luggage ( he is my brother :-) ) says hello.
You will always be welcome to HOTEL SAUCE!! Kind regards. Isabel
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

The location is fabulous-- close to all the city's sites. In addition, the room was fabulous and clean. And the staff was knowledgeable and helpful. The only complaint is that the building looks old. When I got to the 5th floor, I noticed that the hall needed to be painted, and one of the lights was broken. Since I was by myself and it was very quiet on that floor, it gave the hallway an eerie ambiance. BUT the place is safe, and I would definitely return. It wasn't luxurious, but I got a huge room for 50Euro, so I wasn't expecting high-end luxury. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend, and I will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
hotelsauce, owner at Hotel Sauce, responded to this review, 12 June 2009
Dear Guest,
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
We are a two star hotel and our reception and common areas might be little but our cosy, beutifully decorated and confortable rooms and all the services we offer is as if we were a higher category hotel. But we take note of your recommendations. Many thanks. If you have the chance to come again to our hotel our friendly staff will welcome you agiain with a broad smile.
We send Best Regards to beautiful USA.
Plovdiv,Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

My wife and I stayed at one of the apartments close to the Cathedral square. Our friends rented another one. Everything was perfect - including the kitchen /fridge,dishwashing machine, etc./ A little recommendation for the staff: it would be good to leave a little salt, a little olive oil and vinegar - if a tourist needs some of them to make a salad in that kitchen, he must buy a kilo of each.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
hotelsauce, owner at Hotel Sauce, responded to this review, 12 June 2009
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your positive comments about our apartments ,which are located 100 metres from our hotel, we are very grateful about your recommendation, you are totally right, you idea is very helpful and we will put a set of oil, vinegar and salt in the kitchen of the apartment. Thank you very much indeed.
Hope you had a nice journey on your return to beautiful Bulgaria.
Best Regards,
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in April, in between visiting Madrid & Barcelona. This was a very good choice, very friendly and in an excellent central location. The room was pleasant, clean and comfortable, and it was easy to get around the sights of Zaragoza and enjoy nights out in the great local tapas bars. The city is well worth a visit and well connected on the high speed AVE train line between the two major cities. Would certainly come back.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
hotelsauce, owner at Hotel Sauce, responded to this review, 20 May 2009
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel and for suggesting to other travelers that is worth visiting the beautiful city of Zaragoza.
Kind regards
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

For a one-night stay in Zaragoza, this hotel was adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were clean, but there was one major drawback that made our stay very unpleasant, and that was the chemical-lemon smell of an automatic room deodorizer that could not be shut off. I believe that this device was installed to counteract the unpleasant smell of old pipes in the bathroom, but even with the door to the bathroom shut, the odor was pervasive in the room. If this sort of thing doesn't bother you, then by all means choose this hotel, as it was a good value otherwise.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mecnyc
hotelsauce, owner at Hotel Sauce, responded to this review, 20 May 2009
So sorry about the lemon deodorizer and thank you vey much for letting us know. This is the only room in the hotel with a deodorizer, we will try to find a solution so that is not a nuisance to other guests. If you have the chance to come again to our hotel, we will definitely give you another room and we will make up our mistake with a special offer.
Sorry for the inconveniences we may have caused you.
Best Regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

I booked this hotel based on the TripAdvisor reviews along with the proximity to the Basilica and other sights I wanted to visit. While I was in Spain with my boyfriend, I took a solo side trip to Zaragoza on my own and wanted a clean, nice, safe place to stay.

I had a little trouble finding the hotel at first (my fault for not printing out the directions on the website), and once I did find it, there was already a large van parked in the hotel passenger loading. The entire staff was so kind, however, and helped me get my car into the TINY car park up the block. It is a secure underground garage, but I was very glad I was driving a Citroen because the turns are very narrow!

My room was only 53.50EUR/nite and the receptionist gave me parking for free. The room was very cozy and well-decorated and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Fantastic water-pressure in the shower and fluffy towels. Also, free WiFi!

My only complaint was that I was right next to the elevator and it was very noisy whenever guests were waiting for the lift. They chatted quite loudly and it sounded like they were in my room. Also, I was next to the loudest family in Spain, I think, who constantly yelled at each other in Spanish and then their baby would start to cry and their 3 year old would start to yell, too. I asked to be moved, but they told me that the only other single room wasn't as nice and only had a single bed. Luckily, the family went to bed early and I wasn't disturbed during the night. I also realize that a loud set of guests has nothing to do with the hotel, so I cannot really blame this on Hotel Sauce!

In the morning, there was a Semana Santa procession blocking the street where I was parked. A woman from the hotel went and talked to a policeman for me who agreed to remove the barricade so I could leave. Everyone who worked at this hotel was so incredibly wonderful and kind. I just can't say enough about it. Plus, the hotel is literally about 3 blocks from the Basilica and was also blocks away from fun nightlife and restaurants. If I'm ever back in Zaragoza, I will be staying at Hotel Sauce!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank spycygrl
hotelsauce, owner at Hotel Sauce, responded to this review, 21 April 2009
Thank you so much for your opinion about our hotel. Your comments make us improve a
little bit every day our attention to our guests.
We really appreciate your points of view.
Hope you had a nice journey on your return to your wonderful country: The USA.
Thank you.