NH Collection Palacio de Aviles
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
1,300 results
All reviewsthe main squaregreat hotelold townold palacebars and restaurantscar parktown squarepleasant staycomfortable bedbeautiful buildingstar hotelperfect locationbusiness tripguest relationsexcellent breakfastexcellent staycharming city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I cently spent 3 nights in this old palace in the centre of Aviles. The old palace is a magnificent building and the modern extension has been very tastefully added. It faces onto the town square with its great tapas bars. The hotel garden at the rear was used in Woody Allen's film Vicky Cristina Barcelona. The hotel restaurant was superb value at €19.50 for 3 courses including a bottle of Rioja and water!
My room was in the modern part of the hotel and it was extremely spacious and comfortable.
If I'm ever back in Aviles I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2013

What a lovely hotel with a fantastic setting. Very old former palace in the centre of Aviles town. Was there for work, so not much sightseeing, but can recommend this hotel. The reception staff were lovely & made things very easy checking in. Even when there was an issue with my in-room internet connection they made no fuss & moved rooms immediately.
Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MattandAM
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed with NH network for a second time. It is really "good value for money" option. They managed to pick the best spots in towns of their activities. Basically, staff is well trained and professional. Housekeeping knows their business. I'd recommend to view them as one of the best options in Spai.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We loved this hotel! My late father and family are from Aviles . I have numerous cousins here and we visit when we can. My last visit to Aviles was in 2000. My late dad, aunts uncles etc always stayed at another hotel in Aviles when visiting Spain. But they boooked several rooms with an adjoining sitting room so that all of the family could visit. I felt guilty about not staying where we usually stayed, but I was not going to rent extra rooms for family visits. The NH has large common areas with plenty of seating etc. One of the salons has water, coffee, soft drinks and snacks. It is right on Plaza Espana, beautiful place. The rooms are large, well appointed, large bathrooms. The staff was so warm and welcoming. We were driving , it was so easy to park (well marked signs) , in the garage there are signs for NH guests, where to park etc. The family would phone the hotel asking for me and the staff would say we don't have a Toni (maiden name)....but we do have a Toni (married name). :) The staff was so warm to all of our numerous family members who visited us daily.
We will always stay here on future visits. I highly recommend this hotel. The grounds are so beautiful and the place was spotless. We will look at staying at NH properties in other cities when we return to Spain .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Located in the classic medieval sector of this busy city is a picturesque hotel full of charm.

Underground parking and access directly to the hotel was followed by an efficient check-in process.

The rooms are large and bright and value for money this represnents a great location for pleasure or for business.

I will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends