“Lovely Homely Hostal in Gijon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hostal Campoamor

Hostal Campoamor
and 1 more site!
Hostal Campoamor
Ranked #8 of 19 Gijon B&B and Inns
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Lovely Homely Hostal in Gijon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed in Hostal Campoamor for one night and as soon as I arrived I felt at home. The Hostal was clean, comfortable and the owners and staff were very friendly and welcoming.
The location is fantastic as you just have to cross the road and there are shops, bars and restaurants. The seafront is only a stone throw away too but as I was on business I unfortunately did not have time to enjoy this. I will definately go back and recommend this Hostal and Gijon as a city break or for business it is great too.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ferdy1978

A Coruña, Galicia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

i arrived without a reservation in the middle of the night because i couldnt make it to my real destination. the two owners were so attentive and sweet. they made several calls to other hotels, because this one was full for the night. in the end, they made some special arrangements for me and i slept in the campoamor. my room was quiet, the sheets smelled clean and fresh, and I got a very good nights sleep. i found them to be extraordinarily nice people.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Claudia W
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The website gives little to no information about the rooms (and there's a notable lack of photos). We arrived, and were shown into a TINY room that barely fit one double bed. There was an on-suite shower, but no toilet, which was across the hall. That was unexpected.

The service was absolutely fine (there was a HUGE language barrier, but if I complained about that I'd just be being a xenophobic Anglocentrist), but there were literally no amenities; either you're in your tiny room or you're out in the street. There's no communal room or kitchen or anything, just a small corridor that can barely fit 5 people in. Instead of a duvet we had 2 blankets held together by a sheet, which was new to me, and instead of a nice view of the street we had what was pretty much just a brick wall out of the window.

The strangest thing? The room had a TV, which I thought seemed uncharacteristically luxurious for such an establishment, but I turned it on to find that literally no channels had been tuned. I had to do it all by myself, manually, frequency by frequency. Then when the TV was turned off and on again, all my hard work had been undone and I had to start from scratch. It was weird.

Also, we stayed 3 nights here before moving on to Oviedo, where we found a hotel that was considerably nicer for about half the price per night. This place is unusually poor value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple