“Amazing building, huge suites”
Review of Ayre Hotel Oviedo

Ayre Hotel Oviedo
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Oviedo
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Stunning modern architecture by Santiago Calatrava, modernist, simplistic, interiors, huge suites. Great hotel, the only let down is that its services wind down over the weekend. Its very interesting restarant is closed on sunday and monday, and even the bar is closed on sundays.

Room Tip: The suites are absolutely huge!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dj188
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Hotel Oviedo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear guest,
First, Thank you for your time writting your comments on TRIP ADVISOR.
We are glad to know your experience at AYRE HOTEL OVIEDO has been positive.
It will be a pleasure to have you here again.
Social Media Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Other reviewers rightly highlight the very modern building. Close to old area of town - 15 mins walk. Staff exceptionally helpful - all speak English. Large rooms with wide double beds (even larger if have matrimonial room). Modern lighting that works well. One wall is completely glazed with electric blinds to close all the window. Luxurious bathroom has both hydro-shower and separate bath with additional shower - also two wash basins. Small gym accessible all day though 2 of the 5 machines not useable. Wi-fi works in the room though sometimes needs to be reset by staff. Buffet breakfast is extensive with both hot (including scrambled egg, sausages and bacon) and exceptionally wide range of cold dishes. Large area for breakfast - no waiting to be seated. Easy car parking underground with lift to hotel rooms. August room rate for 2 was 88 euros including breakfast. Booked directly and were immediately offered 15% discount off that. Air conditioning makes some noise but silent when switched off.

Room Tip: Ask for north facing room to see the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Hotel Oviedo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to know that your experience in our hotel has been positive.
Also we would like to thank you for your kind words to our staff.
It will be a pleasure to have you here with us again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

It's almost embarrassing to day that we almost got lost trying to find this place. The hotel is part of an amazing modern complex and impossible to miss.

We stayed for 2 nights, the room was spotless, the service friendly, helpful and also English speaking. Was a great location for exploring Oviedo and the reception also provided great advice for local restaurants and things to do.

Breakfast was a comprehensive buffet selection and hard to find fault with any of our stay. Very glad we booked here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Hotel Oviedo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the great comments you made about your stay in the Ayre Hotel Oviedo.

We are glad you liked the building, the hotel and the local restaurants in Oviedo.

Your words help us to keep on working and improving every day to make our guests have relaxing and enjoyable experiences with us.

We will be very pleased to have you here again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Best hotel we ever stayed in! It has everything: beautiful fancy rooms, great big bathroom, spectacular view over the mountains, great service, close to city center, big parkinggarage. Not expensive for what you get. We had a fantastic stay and will definitely come back. And Oviedo is a beautiful city, relaxed and very nice people. One thing, the wifi works but with multiple devices it's not so good. Big tip: do the spa and the massage. It's wonderful and from the hottub you have a view over the city and mountains!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Erik v

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with other Tripadvisor users. We are really pleased that you liked Oviedo and the hotel facilities, specially our urban spa AquAyre.

We are looking forward to see you again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

A very interesting hotel. The building was amazing! Everything was white with just the right amount of colour to add interest. We loved it!
Staff friendly and informative. Good secure parking . Good location. 20 minutes walk to old part of Oviedo.
Rooms beautiful,with huge bathroom. Hydro shower as well as another shower over bath,twin sinks,separate area for toilet and bidet and lovely toiletries.
Mood lighting,twin wardrobes,safe,fridge and complementary water.
The most comfortable bed.
The only niggles were wardrobes were hard to open and although our room was non-smoking,we could smell smoke.
However, I would definitely recommend and great value at £36 room only.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy W
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Hotel Oviedo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind comments on TRIP ADVISOR.
First, we would like to apologize about the smoking smell, eventhough we try our best to give customers rooms in correct conditions.
About wardrobes, we take note of your suggestion to fix it inmediately. All this comments help us improve and give customers a better service, so we would like to thank you for it.
However, we are happy to know your experience has been positive and you have enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for recommending us!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great hotel just outside the city centre. It's an enormous building, part offices, hotel and shopping centre. - there used to be a football stadium at the same site. The architecture is unique all white with large concrete slopes.

We had a family suite which was enormous - about 70 sq metres. Lovely designer furniture, comfortable beds, 3 tvs, free bottles of mineral water. The bathroom is also large with all the required goodies.

Parking is straightforward although it costs 12 euro for 24 hours - but the area around consists of parking zones so you have to pay anyway.

The check-in staff was very knowledgeable, knew the location of some bookshops and the main sites and recommended some places to eat.

Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you for your time writting your comments on TRIP ADVISOR.
We are pleased to know you have had a good experience at our hotel.
You have enjoyed one of our best rooms, perfect for a family stay, as you perfectly described. Thank you for recommending us to TRIP ADVISOR travellers.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was in Oviedo for only about 36 hours on a short project, but the time I spent (2 nights) in this hotel were nothing short of magnificent. To begin with, who can deny that lodging in significant architecture is quite the experience? Rather than describe my room, the public areas, or restaurants/lounges, I can let the many pictures on this site and the hotel's site speak for themselves. What I CAN tell you about my room is that I loved the total flexibility of the lighting options. The bed was comfortable, the huge wall of glass was spotless and afforded me a view of a sliver of my street, filtered through some of those iconic Calatrava "wings" or "ribs." As I checked in rather quickly and then left the room until later in the evening, I got another thrill when I discovered the second shower in the spa-like bath....and I took full advantage of it.....4 showers in all!

Because of my schedule, I was able to take breakfast only one morning. Here as well, everything was "top shelf." The selection of food and beverage was generous, the dining attendants were friendly and efficient.

Not to save the best for last, but I must also comment on the reception I got upon checking out....Due to a very early flight, I had to check out of the hotel at 4:45 AM. The very nice front desk clerk first deducted the cost of breakfast from my bill (without any prompt or request from me), and then he proceeded to ask me if he could get me any sort of breakfast item while I waited for my ride -- a croissant, some eggs.....I turned down the kind offer, but finally did accept the offer of coffee. While I expected he would disappear for a moment and come back with coffee perhaps from a carafe in an employee area, he did not. Instead, he walked me up to a mezzanine bar and proceeded to make a fresh cafe con leche! This sort of service is above and beyond in my book!

I'm happy to know I'll likely be returning to Spain in 2015....and I'm already going to make a plan to have a few days down time in Oviedo, not only to get to know my Florida home's namesake (yes, I live in Oviedo, FL!), but so I can experience the full range of services and relaxation Ayre Hotel has to offer!

Oh, one last note....while my first night was paid by the company with whom I was doing business, I could not believe my extra night in this hotel was the equivalent of only about $80 US!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank rileymax56
Ayre Hoteles A, Social Media Manager at Ayre Hotel Oviedo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear guest,
First, we would like to thank you for your comments on TRIP ADVISOR.
For your kind words, we feel you´ve have had a nice experience at our hotel.
One of our staff target is to share happy experiences with customers.
Thank you for your kind words about our staff.
It will be a pleasure to have you here with us again.