“On the whole pretty good if the wallpaper doesn't keep you awake at night.”
Review of Hotel Clarin

Hotel Clarin
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Oviedo
Durango, Colorado
“On the whole pretty good if the wallpaper doesn't keep you awake at night.”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Comfortable room, clean, TV more current than most of the other pictures show, it was a flat-screen but small. Really nice bathroom soaps, shampoo etc. Surprisingly good breakfasts in the morning. Probably time for a little refreshing, but I'd stay again and at about 50 euro, I think it was a good value. Good location as well. Loved the cafe/bar across the street!

Room Tip: Lots of city noise from down below if you're in a room on the street side, and in Spain, the bar...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I spent 7 nights in Room Mate Marcos and couldn't have been more pleased with the location, the wonderful staff, breakfast, and the size of the rooms . It's a prime location to stay in order to explore the city of Oviedo, a city I have become smitten with!!! As other reviewers have stated it's an easy walk from the hotel to get to the bus and train station where you can explore other places in Asturias. There are shops, supermarkets, restaurants and points of interest located around the hotel and within easy walking distance.

All of the staff were exceptional, genuine, polite and very helpful. I unfortunately got sick and one of the house keeping staff knocked on my door because she could hear me coughing and gave me some throat lozenges, this act of kindness I will never forget, but that's the kind of people that work there, they go out of their way to do what they can for you.

Overall, the service, location and the rooms were great and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and would not hesitate to sleep with Marcos again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We loved Roommate Marcos and have said if there was one of these in every community we go to, that's where we would always stay.
We had a lovely top floor room with only skylights for windows. We could open the skylights and peek for a great view of roofs and steeple. The rooms are well thought out, large bathroom with good lighting; the soaps etc luxurious.
It is close to everything. Great breakfast of cooked and cold foods.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in a warm and sunny October and loved it. Ideal central location on semi pedestrianized street easily walkable from bus station with small suitcases. Both rooms were on the back and very quiet (as requested) so no view as such but comfortable beds,large wardrobe, safe, tv, bottled water provided, air conditioning, decent over bath shower. In other words everything you need. Breakfast was a cold buffet but more than adequate - hot drinks,juice,cereals,pastries,bread rolls,yoghurts,fruit,cheese,ham etc.
The reception staff spoke some English and were very helpful. I would happily return to this hotel.
Oviedo is a lovely city, a mixture of delightful squares and alleyways in the Old Town, elegant shopping areas and parks, ultra modern architecture, historic churches,all surrounded by hills and with the coast only 30 mins away.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
MARCOS H, Hotel Manager at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear creggirl,

Thank you for the complete review of MARCOS & Oviedo.
Indeed, I take the liberty of assuming you have fallen in love with Oviedo. Good for you, for sure you have good taste!.

Bacon & scrambled eggs were added to our buffet breakfast in February. I hope to see you tasting them sometime this year!.

Thank you again for your time and positive feedback.
Best regards,

Manager
Hotel Room Mate MARCOS
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I have just returned from an extended few days in Oviedo where we booked in once more to this hotel. As always, the staff could not do enough for us which was really gratefully received asm our Spanish is sadly lacking. The hotel is very comfortable and well appointed. The location is excellant for sightseeing with plently of restaurants and cafes within easy walking distance. The breakfast was more than acceptable and the cafe in the hotel was very good with great staff. We wil stay there again when we return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
MARCOS H, Hotel Manager at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Dear Alangray21,

Thank you for choosing Room Mate once again for your stay... and for taking the time to share with us your comments!.
It is very rewarding to read that we were the first choice for your recent return visit... and hope this will remain the same for a long time!.

I am also pleased that you felt comfortable at MARCOS, and found the hotel very convenient and easy.
I will certainly share your comments with the team (they mean everything!) and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Oviedo.

Regards,

Hotel Manager
Lisboa
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My stay at this hotel was great.
Good location! It´s in the centre of the city near the old part.
Cristina from the front desk was really nice, but all the staff is very helpful.
The room is very comfortable, a little bit too hot even for me ...but it was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
MARCOS H, Directora at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Good afternoon tchinha,

I really was delighted to read your review, and hope we can have the chance to look after you once again!
I was so happy that we met your expectations and I have passed on your very kind words to the great team I am proud to have at the hotel.
On the other hand, I will check the time-setting of the aircon... the truth is, some find it cold, some find it hot... sorry for that!.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Good location away from noisy bar / restaurant life of Old Town. Nice decor and helpful staff. decent Continental breakfast but could better. Roommate is a decent chain hotel. Associated cafe is pleasant too.

• Stayed September 2012
MARCOS H, Manager at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Good afternoon Nickbutcher1705,

The MARCOS team and I are very thankful to your feedback. As for breakfast, I will discuss your comments with F&B team... thank you for your sincerity.

Please come over and spend some more time with us while on vacation.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Best regards,