“Return to Hotel RoomMate Marcos Oviedo for the 9th time.”
Review of Hotel Clarin

Hotel Clarin
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Oviedo
Enniskerry Wicklow
“Return to Hotel RoomMate Marcos Oviedo for the 9th time.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Once again I can only reiterate what I have said about this hotel in previous reviews - excellent. Great staff great food and very very comfortable rooms. Recently the breakfast has greatly improved - there is now a newly added hot course of bacon and scrambled egg. This is lovely especially for Irish (like me) English and American visitors. I was given a 15% discount for long stay and I think also for being a valued customer. Super value for money. I don't know any other good hotel offering such excellent terms. I am hoping to return to Oviedo in October and would not contemplate staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: I usually have the same room on the 3rd floor but on this occasion I was on the 4th floor which was...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gloria K
ROOM_MATE_MARCOS, Director at Hotel Clarin, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Mrs Gloria K,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are so happy to know that you feel so well in Marcos!

I hope to see you in October for your 10th time and also for many other times.

Best regards,

Ángel Iglesias

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Enniskerry Wicklow
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Now I have returned to this hotel for the 8th time and again was not disappointed with the ambience the efficiency of the staff and the friendliness of all concerned with the running of the hotel. I was very lucky this time in that I was given a gift on my birthday from the hotel entitling me to 10 % discount a free breakfast which incidentally has greatly improved. The hotel now provides a hot breakfast along with the continental. This is a new innovation and is greatly appreciated by many (including me ) guests. I also had the choice of a late check out. I shall certainly be returning to Room Mate |Marcos again hopefully having received another birthday gift.

Room Tip: I always have been given the same single room which is great so have no experience of any other. It...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Very nice hotel, good location with a short walk to the old town. Parking garage "Longoria" close by. Very nice reception, Raquel was very friendly and gave us all kinds of information about what to visit, how to get there and where to eat. Didn't have breakfast in the hotel, so can't comment on that. Room was ok, everything needed was there, since we asked before arrival for a quiet and cool room, the air condition was turned on when we entered, so that the room was nice and cool indeed.
Can really recommend the place, when you are planning to stay in that area!

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I only stayed here for one night between Santiago and San Sebastian but I wanted to stay longer. I was travelling on my own and booked this because it didn't charge a premium for being a sole person. The room is a great size and very clean and comfortable. The bed is huge. The bathroom is a good size and well-equipped with excellent lighting and an amazing power shower. There is an air-con unit too. The only thing that could be improved is that there be more natural light in the room because the colour theme is black which makes it seem darker. Perfect location right next to shops, supermarkets etc and 2min from the old centre. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Essex England
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We have stayed at the Room Mate Marcos 3 times in the past 6 months and each time has been very pleasurable. The rooms are pleasant and very clean. The staff are so helpful and can't do enough to help (ordering taxis, recommending restaurants and advising on where to buy bedding !!). A great establishment in a great location and a must if you are visiting Oviedo.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Comfortable room, clean, TV more current than most of the other pictures show, it was a flat-screen but small. Really nice bathroom soaps, shampoo etc. Surprisingly good breakfasts in the morning. Probably time for a little refreshing, but I'd stay again and at about 50 euro, I think it was a good value. Good location as well. Loved the cafe/bar across the street!

Room Tip: Lots of city noise from down below if you're in a room on the street side, and in Spain, the bar...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I spent 7 nights in Room Mate Marcos and couldn't have been more pleased with the location, the wonderful staff, breakfast, and the size of the rooms . It's a prime location to stay in order to explore the city of Oviedo, a city I have become smitten with!!! As other reviewers have stated it's an easy walk from the hotel to get to the bus and train station where you can explore other places in Asturias. There are shops, supermarkets, restaurants and points of interest located around the hotel and within easy walking distance.

All of the staff were exceptional, genuine, polite and very helpful. I unfortunately got sick and one of the house keeping staff knocked on my door because she could hear me coughing and gave me some throat lozenges, this act of kindness I will never forget, but that's the kind of people that work there, they go out of their way to do what they can for you.

Overall, the service, location and the rooms were great and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and would not hesitate to sleep with Marcos again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo