Barcelo Oviedo Cervantes
Hotel Favila(Oviedo)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Ayre Hotel Ramiro I(Oviedo)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmodern decorationsmall toiletiron and ironing boardtwo sinksbathroom amenitiescentral locationold townbargain pricecomfy bedcomfortable hotelnice citywalk in showerseparate showerdouble roomfour nightsmin walkstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The property's interior has been creatively redesigned and delightfully refurbished but the beautiful original 1917 facade of the building has been preserved.

My double room was very spacious, very clean and creatively decorated. It featured the largest and most beautiful hotel bathroom I have ever encountered. The shower was an amazing experience. The bathroom fittings were modern and very tastefully laid out. I appreciated the shaving mirror, the toilet in a separate room behind its own glass door, and the largest towels I have ever found in any hotel. The in-room safe was very handy and large enough.

The bar was very attractively decorated and the service reasonably good. Breakfast was exceptional - a very large variety and everything I tasted was delicious.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, their English making up for my embarrassing lack of Spanish.

This hotel is ideally located - a short taxi ride from the central bus station in Oviedo and close to endless shopping and restaurant options. However, it is not on a particularly noisy street.

I will definitely stay here again if I were to visit Asturias/Oviedo again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel is in a prime location of Oviedo. Handy parking. Very well kept, they even cleaned the pavement outside with a Karcher!!! It was very smart but relaxed and not pretentious. Well worth our stay we will come again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Barceló Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Kajajo
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights on business. Breakfast was not included, so you need to book it at the main desk or you get charged extra. The shower was awesome, although the hotel claims full bath, my room did not have a tub. The hotel was very clean and up to date, each room was unique - we were traveling together, one person go a Jacuzzi suite the other two had showers. The staff was very friendly and provided great suggestions for restaurants and where to go. Good value hotel for the money.

Room Tip: If you want a full bath you need to pay extra or specify. The shower was fantastic, 5 different shower heads. Room very modern and clean, no carpet. Rated a 3 because no fitness center/or pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bonnie S
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Was booked into this hotel for a business trip with five colleagues, and it was a great haven for before and after long working days!

I can't actually think of a bad word to say against my stay. The reception staff were efficient and friendly, the room (3rd floor), had more than enough space, with an awesome shower, plenty of storage, and oh-so-comfy beds! The breakfast buffet has a little of everything you could want, the room light and airy, and the hotel bar is cool, chilled, and the at-your-table waiter service a really nice touch - I'm not sure I liked the fact that after our second visit, our waiter knew what to get us though - memo to self, have more variety!

We chose to eat out each night, but have no reason to doubt the quality of the hotel restaurant.

If you want a trendy stay in Oviedo, make this top of your list!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Pulpopelirojo
Reviewed 18 October 2013

For a city centre hotel, the prices you can get a room here for seem very good considering the quality of the hotel. It is graded 5 star but then so is the Parador round the corner and they are just not in the same league.
However, Tesco paid for my 3 night stay here which would have worked out about 70pounds a night, not including breakfast. It is in a really good location for exploring the various interesting parts of Oviedo, such a stylish city. About a 10 minute walk from the old town.

Oviedo enjoys a great cafe culture and within a very short distance of the Cervantes are lovely cafes with gorgeous pastries, or "caffs" with great coffee and good value pinchos. As you come out of the hotel, one such caff is just 100yrds down on the left. But cross the street and take the first turning then on your right and the cafe at the end on the left does a pastry called a Maripossa.....delicious.

My room was enormous with a big kingsize bed, an office style desk and even more space beyond...dressing and shower room area with two sinks! The quality is not necessarily there as the sink housing was chipping and peeling but the overall effect of the room was lovely. I had a room immediately above the hotel entrance but heard no noise and was even right next door to the lift. The Hotel interior is extremely modern, to my taste but even in the restaurant, I wouldnt have felt comfortable, it was narrow and rather too futuristic. However, the public loos off the reception area are amazing!
Staff were excellent and all in all my stay there was very good indeed. Free use of computer too.
PS. On the Cathedral Square try Pizzara Cafe. On the weekend they do a Mushroom Taglietelli style dish that is to die for!

Room Tip: Right next to the lift on the 4th floor, i think it was 212.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo