“Friendly, attentive team, tasty food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Fermin

Casa Fermin
Ranked #2 of 706 Restaurants in Oviedo
Price range: US$38 - US$59
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Andalucia
“Friendly, attentive team, tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Great location, close to the cathedral. The food was of a good quality; the steak was especially good. Team friendly - meal ended with fresh Nespresso coffee.

The decor of the restaurant was dated.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Tokyo, Japan
“Good local cuisine in fine setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Going in we did not know that this was one of the highest rated restaurants in Oviedo. The dishes I got were good but since my friend spoke Spanish she got intricate recommendations from our server and she loved the food. Service was quite attentive and unlike some of the other reviewers I liked the modern decor. The price tag does match the reputation.

Visited April 2012
Europe
“Best cuisine in Oviedo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

Best quality cooking in Oviedo, it is of the innovative Spanish trend. Dining room matches, with reserved but correct service. The Cigalas con Tocino y mini Verduras starter is expensive but fully worth it (Lobster with bacon and mini vegetables). I recommend.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Disappointing food and dreary decor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

My feeling about this restaurant was strongly affected by the depressing decor. There are at least 6 different kinds of lights (both modern and traditional) in the dining room, which do not harmonize and make for an over-lighted place of no charm.

The food is overpriced, the menu unappealing and old-fashioned. We ordered 2 fish dishes which were OK, but nothing special. We tried Asturian cidre for the first time and found it to be undrinkable. We were told it was the "house brand." We were totally turned off of this traditional drink, but perhaps we should have given it another chance elsewhere. The atmosphere did not make us want to linger, so we skipped dessert. The restaurant was mostly empty, so the word seems to have gotten out that it's one to skip.

I'm sure there are better restaurants in Oviedo but we can't say. Unfortunately the next night we ate at Ca Suso (rated #1 on this website) and had a worse experience! We did have a great lunch in Aviles and if I can find the name of the restaurant, I'll write a review.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank luv2travel0918
Hong Kong
“Nothing special about Casa Fermin”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

Perhaps this was a good restaurant in the past but my dinner at Casa Fermin was disappointing. I had heard this restaurant was traditional Spanish cuisine but on arrival the decor was modern (not in a good way) and very bright. The restaurant was empty on Wed night. I think the cuisine is trying to be modern Spanish but frankly I thought the recommended fish dish that I had was boring with little flavor. This is pretty pricey restaurant especially by Oviedo standards so I would seek other dining option. Only positive was the recommended wine was pretty good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles