Melia Bilbao
Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$220
  • Restaurant
Barcelo Bilbao Nervion(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$121
Hotels.com
US$142
US$118
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Gran Bilbao(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$95
US$132
US$117
Occidental Bilbao(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$99
  • Pool
NH Bilbao Zubialde(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$98
US$128
US$114
  • Restaurant
NH Collection Ria de Bilbao(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$119
Hotel Artetxe(Bilbao)(Great Value!)
US$86
2,721 results
All reviewsthe riversmall poolguggenheim museumold townpremium roomlovely parktram stopmodern hotelshort walkwalk in showerbreakfast buffet isrooms are spacioustop floorexcellent locationper daygreat citywonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Absolutely a wonderful experience at Meliã. In the heart of the city, many attractions near by. Customer service was amazing, from front desk, to bar, to wait staff. Will return in ever in Bilbao, Spain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family stayed in 2 rooms for 5 days (8th July 2014 - 13 July 2014 P Griffiths)

Hotel was nice with no complaints at all about rooms, public spaces and Food was very good.

Problem:-

1. On the last night the people in the room next door decided to party until 4am, banging on doors, banging on walls and music at a great volume. I complained to reception who said they would sort it out. I then heard the phone ring next door and then they carried on. It was only when I informed the reception that if they didn't sort it out, I would. As I say they finally quit at 4am.
When I checked out the next morning I asked to talk through my complaints with management but was told that there was no management on site and that I would have to complain in an email on my return home.
I emailed the hotel that night and then waited a week. I received no reply.
I then e mailed Melia hotels customer service and then waited a week. I received no reply.

It is disappointing that a hotel group so big cannot reply to an email from a customer who has paid a lot of money for 2 rooms for 5 nights.

I would have also thought that every hotel would have a duty manager on site at all time and if like the receptionist said "they don't have a manager on site" that's worrying because who is in charge in case of an emergency??

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank myfavebench
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Hotel is near a lovely park and on walkable distance of the Bellas Artes and Guggenheim museum. Easy and nice to get to the shopping streets and bars/restaurants. Great rooms as a nice accomodation for a stay in a wonderful city. Staff is helpful, but general service is slow. Large queues wat the reception when arriving and slow handling. Prepaid parking for 2 days, but had to register again on the 2nd day. Poor access with WIFI.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We spent 1 night during our trip from France to Spain. The hotel is very nice from inside, clean and modern. Our 2 bedrooms were in line with our expectations and the hotel claimed standing. The swimming pool is very pleasant (and warm) though a bit "old" compared to the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was fantastic and employees were very helpful and smiling. The hotel location is just great, close to the city center and the Guggenheim museum. A bit of noise from the tramway line next to the hotel, but did not really disturb our sleep...

Room Tip: On the opposite side of the tramway line.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Melia Bilbao is a fantastic place to stay if you are looking to explore the city of Bilbao.
It is located on the tram route so it is very easy to get to from the bus station and should you wish to take the tram to the Guggenheim it is a stop away (the walk is easy).
The hotel is situated in parkland with the river directly in front, again providing great places to either explore or just chill ...
As has been mentioned in other reviews there is also a shopping center across the road and the new centre of Bilbao is 10 minutes away and the old center is a tram ride away.
The hotel is spacious, the lobby is open to the top floor, so those who suffer from vertigo might wish to look elsewhere ... We had a great room, spacious clean and just fantastic in terms of the little touches that make the difference.
The rate we paid included breakfast and by breakfast we are not talking a couple of stale bread rolls and a couple of slices of chorizo ... This was a fantastic buffet with just about anything you could wish for.
We will be back to visit Bilbao and this is where we would stay without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple