“Great tour green belt Bilbao”

Running Tours Bilbao
Premium Running Tour at Bilbao
Ranked #10 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Bilbao
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Running Tours Bilbao offers different SIGHTRUNNING tours through the city of Bilbao WHILE RUNNING. One of our guides will show you the cultural, his-torical and architectural landmarks of the city on a personal tour. This way you can combine your training with a visit to Bilbao. Tours, as opposed to tourist travel by bus or others, can be customized. This way you can jog or run at your own pace with time to enjoy the sights that interest you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very beautiful and heavy tour with nice guide. Special with the funicular go up the hill and after 2 hours running back downhill tot the city center

Reviewed 12 June 2014

What a fantastic way to see Bilbao - an early morning run with Aitor, covering around 10km and seeing all the wonderful modernism in architecture that is a great part of Blibao. Aitor was so friendly and accommodating with pace and stops that allowed me to take in the history of the town. He was great company and gave some great advice on where to eat out later on in the day. I would thoroughly recommend his company as well as the concept of a running tour around an unknown city. Fantastic 5 star experience. Thank you Aitor.

1  Thank Rhonda S
Reviewed 21 October 2013

With the help of Aitor I had a chance to explore Bilbao this morning with Bilbao Open Tourism. Being able to travel the streets with someone from the city is always enjoyable and eye opening, but being able to do it while on the run was something new and enjoyable. The pace of the run was perfect and we covered a large swath of both the new and old city, with good conversation and knowledgable information about the sights we passed. I learnt a lot on this tour about a wonderful city and would highly recommend the excursion to anyone actively minded.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We booked a running tour with Aitor at Bilbao Open Tourism in July 2013. He met us promptly at our hotel and took us on a fascinating and varied tour of the city. We don't run fast and he was happy to accommodate our pace. He was from Bilbao and had lots of interesting nuggets of information about the history of the city and we felt we learned something about the Basque culture. The walk up the hill behind the old town was worth it for the views and the run down! We would really recommend this as a way of getting your bearings when you first arrive and to get to know the city.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Everyone who loves running knows that getting to know a new place by the feet is a great fun. The problem however is where to go. Luckily, just as the excellent tour in Barcelona, you can take a running tour in Bilbao as well. The tour is run by two great guys – Sergio and Aitor. Between them they can accommodate runner in English and Spanish and maybe some other languages as well. As they were preparing for a competition I got to run with both of them to begin with and later just with Sergio who is the Spanish speaker. They are both locals from Bilbao and I got much more than just a site seeing tour– I got history, architecture, football, economics, politics, demographics and some good old local patriotism. Part of the run was done in pouring rain, which as it turns out is quite common in Bilbao and it was great fun as well. I got to run in neighborhoods out of the “tourist track” that I would never have gotten to without a local guide. They will accommodate to your fitness level and will make it as hard or as easy as you would like. After almost 2 hours of running I can assure you that the pintxos I ate latter were consumed without a gram of guilt…
I’m sure that if I’m ever in Bilbao again (and I hope I will get to it’s a lovely city) I going to go on another running tour with them. Highly recommended!