“Stunning T bone steak ! ”
Review of NIDOBILBAO

NIDOBILBAO
Ranked #7 of 1,279 Restaurants in Bilbao
Price range: US$68 - US$113
Cuisines: Diner
Neighbourhood: Abando
Description: A la carte restaurant, is traditional basque cuisine and that the average price per person is 60€. Minimum two dishes per person.
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

This is a great restaurant very friendly and helpful staff . Menu is limited but the quality is superb . This will not be your cheapest meal in Bilbao but might be your best ! Recommend the T bone steak comes cooked rare to your table with a hot stone so that you can then cook to your liking . Absolutely stunning piece of meat . Great selection of local wines at very reasonable price around 14-20 euros . We had the Rioja Blanca 'Foz' delicious . It's not a large place so recommend you book .

1  Thank julian d
Write a reviewReviews (2,473)

Reviewed 21 July 2016

The have tremendous beef and provide hot stone to sear table side. Great flavor! Farm to table specials that were mind blowing. Very reasonable by US standards.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

This is a small restaurant and we recommend you book on-line as we did. The decor is simple and unpretentious and we were very pleased that the excellent reviews we had read were justified. Service was friendly and helpful and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. We shared a tuna salad to start (we had already learnt in other restaurants that the salads usually come very large and are far too large for a starter for one). My husband had the crumbed hake and I had veal cheeks in red wine. He then had chocolate and nut cake while I had the home-made pistachio ice cream. All delicious! And with a nice bottle of wine our bill was 76eu. Yes, perhaps a little more than other restaurants but well worth it.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Our meal in Nido was simple and very delicious. The service was brilliant and I even learned how to pour red wine correctly.
The Bilbao salad for starter was a 20 minute wait and worth every minute. The homemade bread is very moreish and it is almost impossible to stop eating it. My husband and I both had fish for main and again really, really tasty.
The favourite for me though was the green apple ice cream for dessert - made from just green apples and milk - the nicest ice cream I think I have ever tasted.
Overall, I can highly recommend Nido for a great night out when in Bilbao.

1  Thank MO O
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

I did have a great lunch at Nido together with my family during our stay in Bilbao. We shared several dishes and my recommendation for a dream menu is: octopus as starter, veal cheeks as main and cheesecake as dessert.

The cheeks were tender and coupled with an excellent sauce, really delicious!

Cheesecake with red marmalade was awesome too.

I will return for sure once I'm in Bilbao again!