Pension Anorga
Barcelo Costa Vasca(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$176
Barcelo.com
  • Pool
US$526
US$429
  • Restaurant
Hotel de Londres y de Inglaterra(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$185
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Hotel Astoria 7(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$148
  • Restaurant
Parma Hotel(San Sebastian - Donostia)
US$207
  • Beachfront
Tryp San Sebastian Orly Hotel(San Sebastian - Donostia)
US$174
US$168
Melia.com
Pension Edorta(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$83
Mercure Monte Igueldo(San Sebastian - Donostia)
US$155
US$147
Hotel Zaragoza Plaza(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$144
Hotels.com
NH Collection San Sebastian Aranzazu(San Sebastian - Donostia)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$138
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewscomfortable roomgreat locationtrain stationold townkeyspensioneurobalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We were desperate and it was late. We were pointed in the direction of Anorga and it worked out fine. Don't expect much for your 52 euro, except a clean, safe room. Very friendly inn keeper.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank trvlr5
Reviewed 21 August 2010

I really wasn't expecting much because it was a hostel, but I have to say that the room was much worse than I expected. There were three beds crammed into a tiny room and the bathroom and shower were tiny. You could probably hold out your arms and touch both walls. One thing I will say is that the front desk lady seemed to be nice and that there was free WiFi, but I would not recommend staying there overall, only if you're looking for the cheapest possible rates and really don't care about the quality of the room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SR1990
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Pension Anorga is a great place to stay - After looking to book a higher-end place and finding everything booked, I chose this place. The website stated no rooms available, but when I called, they had a room. Not sure if there are issues with their website. Two blocks away from La Concha beach, 10 min. walk to old town. People running the place (I'm sorry I've forgotten your names), are very very nice. They are extremely accommodating and helpful. My room was quite small, which is expected in Europe, and very clean. It had a lovely balcony and therefore very nice in the evenings - no fan or ac needed. The shared bathroom on my floor was clean, but I tried using it before everyone else did. This place is great for the budget traveler - a basic room, clean, with a great location.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2009

Price paid per night: 52 euros
Would I stay again for the price? Yes
Would I recommend it for the price? Yes
The good:
- location, less than 10mins from everything
- very friendly manager
The bad:
- tiny bathroom

Recommended by the fully booked Bellas Artes this little pension was just fine for 2 nights in San Sebastian. The lady we dealt with did not speak english but hand signals and basic spanish were enough to make it a comfortable stay, and she was very accommodating - i needed to make an urgent reverse charge call overseas and she let me use her phone...this is the kind of homeliness pensions should provide given they lack in other areas (vs. hotels).
The bakery across the road is great! Also the best tapas place we found in the old town is called Restaurante Txondorra.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2009

We could not get into the highly rated Pension Bellas Artes and they recommended this pension. The lady owner was really really loveful and very helpful...but the place is just not great. It is really noisy and the rooms are very small. If you are not at the front of the pension you have a room overlooking a dark and tiny internal courtyard....makes the rooms dark and dingy. I have stayed in better back packers than this pension.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends