“Really enjoyed our stay with wonderful host”
Review of Pension Regil

Pension Regil
Tweed Heads, Australia
“Really enjoyed our stay with wonderful host”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We have just spent a 2 night 3 day visit to San Sebastian and stayed at Pension Regil where Inaki took very good care of us. He was most helpful with our luggage on arrival and storing our luggage until our train departed in the evening. He was kind enough to do a load of washing for us which we really appreciated. I would highly recommend the Pension Regil for a stay in San Sebastian, only a few minutes walk from the beautiful promenade and the beach and also the old town. Inaki was very helpful before our arrival in advising us of directions to easily find the Pension. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L55_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Salamanca, Spain
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I just stayed there for 2 nights there. Before my stay, I have searched many accommodation choices and found you can't find anything better than here at this price range. It's really near to the beach, maybe 2 minutes. The old town area and TOPO station are within 10 mins by walking. I had a exterior room, but I wasn't bothered. Inaki, the owner, is really friendly. I had no idea about SS before arrival. And he suggested several good tourist point and several nice bars for tapas. I was happy during my stay and will come back if I have another chance to visit SS.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ashley Y
Dublin
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We (2 adults and 1 child) stayed for one night in one room. Although cheap and clean, the room was really too small for 3 people, as a 3rd single bed was shoehorned in, leaving no floor-space. If we had been warned it was so small, we would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Iasi, Romania
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Pension Regil is a wonderul place, where you feel that you are cared for. From the moment when I contacted the Pension up to the very end of my stay, I felt that warmth of the owner's heart. Nothing of the impersonal ... indifference of hotels. It is conveniently located, very clean, and quiet. I had the exterior room but I was not bothered at all by the noise. It was tolerable. This is definitely a place to come back to, mainly due to the kindness, disceteness and consideration of the owner. Many thanks for making my stay so enjoyable, for ... looking after my shoes, which I had forgotten on the terrace on a rainy day, for good suggestions and recommendations, for helping me with my luggage, for the availability to help whenever I needed to sort out a problem... Everything was much better than I had expected it to be...

Room Tip: Excellent location, good value for your money, a wonderful and helpful owner
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
UK
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in April and really enjoyed our stay. As others have said, Iñaki is a friendly host and happily helps with information and marking particular places of interest on the tourist map - he gave some very good recommendations for pintxos bars!

Our room was over the road, although we didn't notice the traffic noise with the window closed (will obviously be noisier in the summer with window open). The room was a decent size, with an ensuite, and was cleaned very well each day. The sound-proofing between the rooms wasn't great, but the beds were comfy and we both slept well enough.

The location is good, no particular view of note from the window, but a very short walk to the beach, old town and shops.

Overall Pension Regil gives good value for money (meaning you can spend more on wine and pintxos), we'd stay here again if we return to San Sebastian and I'd certainly recommend it to friends and family for a short break at this time of year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Swindon
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Inaki, the owner, was extremely helpful and provided great information during our stay. Rooms size and cleanliness including the housekeeping was extremely worth the price. The location was also excellent - near to all the attractions and the train station.

One negative point were that the soundproofing was not fantastic and it got a little noisy in the morning. I casually mentioned it to Inaki and the noise level went down the next morning!

There are no lifts to the Pension which is on the 2nd floor but Inaki was really helpful in moving our luggage and pram up and down the staircase.

All in all, an excellent place to stay and very good value for money!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This little B&B is pretty simple, a little noisy, but in the very heart of the city and just a step from Concha Beach. It's perfect if you've planned just a couple of days in San Sebastian, since everything is right there! Rooms are clean and tidy; the one on the street is too noisy, but it's the only one. Inaki is kind and friendly, you can rely on him!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo