“Absolutely great!”

Pension San Ignacio
London
“Absolutely great!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This pension is great. I was here for a hen night so we basically booked out all 7 rooms: one room was a single, a few were doubles and some were in 3 or 4's so in essence you could fit a number of people into this pension.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. The bathrooms were also very clean. The pictures on the website are exactly what it looks like and I was very pleased with what I had paid for. It was def value for money.

It is only a 5-10 minute walk away from the Old Town (which isnt too bad), as you are away from the hustle and bustle of the noise but still close enough to enjoy all the sites! This also means you get a very peaceful sleep. I never heard a peep from any of the other apartments!

Originally 18 of us should have gone on the hol and it ended up being only 13 but the hotel were so accomodating with the number of times we had to change our booking and for that I am very grateful!

Each room has a flat screen TV, bed side tables and wardrobes to use (if needed). There is also a mini fridge located in the wardrobes (at the start of your stay you are provided with bottles of water). The hotel provides towels, toiletries in every bathroom, hairdryer and iron if needed.

Even after we checked out at 12 they let us leave our bags in one of the rooms until our minibus picked us up at 7 that evening. BTW...they also arranged the minibus for us, picking us up from Bilbao airport and returning also (for a competitive price)

My only qualm would be the rooms were not cleaned during our stay (and if we had been here longer than 2 nights this may have been a problem). They also dont provide breakfast but just across the road there are numerous cafes that offer a bit to eat.

I would 100% come back here to stay.
Thanks Javier (who looked after us and made us feel very welcome)!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fums

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Spent 2 nights here in May 2011 and enjoyed it very much. Room was very clean and spacious. Really liked the way it was decorated, very modern. Room looked out over a lovely little courtyard. Staff was very friendly and helpful with recommending places to eat and where to go. Everytime we left someone asked us if everything was okay and if we needed anything. Great location, only about 10 min walk across the river to the old part of the city. Will definitely stay here again the next time I am in San Sebastian!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WelshChick04
berkshire uk
Reviewed 17 May 2011

My wife and I stayed at pension san ignacio for 4 nights. Having used Hotel codina on our previous visits we decided this time to locate ourselves closer to the parte vieja. We enjoyed our stay immensely, the good sized room was modernly decorated, very clean with a comfortable twin bed. The staff were extremely helpful and we were made to feel like long lost friends or family even :-) We will definitely stay at this pension on future trips.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pintxo999
North Vancouver
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Following is the email I sent to the hotel after my non-stay there.

I'm just sending you an email to let you know how dissapointed I am that you treated me so poorly on Monday night when I arrived late.
I realise you were expecting me at 11:00 pm, but my train was delayed because someone tried to kill themselves on the track. I don't have an international phone, and could not get wifi at the train station, although I did try becasue I was afraid that something like this would happen. I'd like you to think about what it feels like to be a single woman alone on the streets at 1:00 in the morning in a strange city. That you have a phone number to call on your door, but to let the phone go to voicemail is disgraceful. The cab driver spoke to you, and he told me to go around the corner. I wasn't sure if you were going to come and get me or what. Then, the fact that you would still charge me after doing that, not just disgraceful, but disgusting. I know I was late, but it was out of my control. What you did was within your control. Shame on you.
Tripadvisor and any other review sites will get an honest opinion of the type of service you provide, especially to women.

So long story short, he left me out in the cold in a strange city alone. I was lucky I found another hotel that let me sit in their lobby all night, as they were fully booked. The kindness if strangers made up for this idiot.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo