Everyone had to queue to get into the dinning room for breakfast both days, the poor breakfast staff were stressed, only three people there for everyone, I sympathised, they were working very hard trying but there were simply not enough tables or staff working so as to cope, there is a massive balcony adjoining the hot dinning room with the doors closed which would have accommodated at least another 8 more tables. The view is one of the best in the world and I have been around a bit of it, but the internet connection is still somewhere back in the mid 90's, it is simply terrible, don't go there if you need to be connected on. The management are in complete denial about this, in fact the hotel is clean and nice, and so it should be at 180 euro a night, the price of a can of coke 3.6 euros, that gives you an idea. This beautifully located hotel on the top of a mountain with views to die for needs some serious management changes to warrant the prices they charge, the current management are completely out of touch with their own hotel and have their heads in the clouds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 km from the city centre of San Sebastian and close to the historic monument Palacio Miramar and Naval Museum. Restaurant, bar, meeting rooms. Swimming pool and parking facilities. Stunning views over the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., ACCOR, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Monte Igueldo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure San Sebastian Hotel San Sebastian - Donostia
- Mercure San Sebastián Donostia
- Mercure Hotel San Sebastian