We have been lucky enough to stay in this fantastically dated hotel twice for a week each time over the last couple of years.
It's spotless and quaint, the food is okay, the staff excellent and the location, pool and views unsurpassed in the world. The 102 year old funicular and the extraordinary fun park with its original water driven roller coaster is not to be missed.
However the best feature of all is that its still affordable for the common man. We rue the day this historical quirky gem is taken over by a Hip Operator and we can no longer afford to enjoy such a magical place.
Long may it stay a daggy, eccentric wonderland.
Not to be missed by any intelligent traveller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 km from the city centre of San Sebastian and close to the historic monument Palacio Miramar and Naval Museum. Restaurant, bar, meeting rooms. Swimming pool and parking facilities. Stunning views over the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Monte Igueldo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure San Sebastian Hotel San Sebastian - Donostia
- Mercure San Sebastián Donostia
- Mercure Hotel San Sebastian